Ped Egg / Rebate check scam

United States, Texas Review updated:
Buyer's Advantage
I ordered Ped Egg from a television commercial and received the product (two for one offer) in the mail. Several months later I received a "rebate" check for $8.25 and cashed it. Apparently the check, when endorsed, signed me up for "Buyer's Advantage" at $139.99 which appeared as a debit to my checking account. PLEASE read the back of "rebate" checks before you cash them!

N  14th of Apr, 2009 by
I bought a ped egg about a year ago. I just recently discovered that a company has been debiting my account for a year now on a monthly basis, $16.95. When I called the company known as "Membership Services", they informed me that I joined when I made an internet purchase. I asked them to disclose what company the purchase I made was with and they told me this "For privacy reasons, we can not disclose the company name." Whose privacy was violated? Mine was because they are charging me for a service I do not remember signing up for, nor have I recevied any information about. The only internet purchase I made previous to when the charges starting on my account was the Ped Egg. Now I am out over $200 for the purchase of a product that really does not work as they say it will. I attempted to go back to the site that I made the purchase through and contact them about it, but you can not email them. You must call Telebrands and only during business hours of the Eastern Standard Time.

I, too, received the checks from Ped Egg but unlike most, I did read the fine print under the signature line and realized that it was a scam to get you to sign up for yet, another service that you do not want. So far, I have received 3 of these checks but rest assured, I will never cash one and hope others read this.
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
Ped Egg and Shoppers Advantage are a big rip off! Look at the small print under the amount of the check and you will see "By Cashing or Depositing this check you are purchasing a membership in Great Fun*!" Geez what a scam. I was one like the other person that bought the Ped Egg, and was promised a rebate. I received the check a couple of months later, and I though wow the rebate check! I didn't think anything else about it and I deposited it. Well the next thing you know I was charged $100 some odd dollars, for a service that I did not request! I called them and yes they did refund my money as I did it right as soon as I saw it on my bank info. I just got off the phone with Shoppers Advantage to try to get the checks to stop coming as I get on about every two weeks! I am tired of tearing them up! I had to wait about a half an hour for someone to answer the phone, and lets see if they really take me off of the list! They said now I would also have to call Ped Egg too!!!