PECO / Excelon Energy / Service

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States

After paying most of a past due bill (hey we're struggling to make it too) in response to a termination notice, PECO disconnected our power without warning over roughly $70 in past due charges. We're a single income family of six making less than the PUC poverty level average and these cats turn out our lights? I admit that I did not pay the full amount but I have been paying monthly to try and keep up with the bill. According to the letter they left on our door when they turned off the power, the PUC mandates they must be notified if anyone making below the minimum poverty point is in danger of being disconnected. The PUC did not have any such notification from PECO. Now my family and I are in the dark for the night, I have a mid-term to study for and my kids cannot even bathe or do their homework. But hey, the public utility company will be advertising during the Phillies game tonight (which i wont be watching- thanks!!!) and at every Flyers game. I don't understand why you have to advertise if you have no competition. I realize I wasn't exactly current but come on, am I the worst of your problems? I'm voting McCain but if Obama gets in, I sure hope he redistributes PECO's wealth to us little guys struggling to keep food on the table. Don't spend it all on one commercial PECO...

Mi