Peaches Boutique Prom Dresses / Prom Dress Delivery Dress changed from 7-10 to 53 days

1 5915 S ArcherChicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 773-582-0102

First of all, when you go to the store they treat you like your at a drive thru window. No cell phones or Ipads allowed throughout the store. They have a designated area for cell phone usage. The dresses displayed are hideous and you have to pick 3 of them to even get a dressing room. Once you get into the dressing room you have a runner who goes and pick out dresses in the back that they think you would like. We were organized and brought pictures of the dresses my daughter wanted to try on. This did not matter, they still wanted you to pick out 3 hideous dresses as a ticket to get into the dressing room. The first time we went, they kept bringing her stuff she did not want. The second time we went is when she found dresses that suited her taste. Of course none of them were in her size at the store they kept advising us that it only takes 7-10 days to get the dresses so we bought the dress. The average dress was 400-550. The one my daughter chose came out to 480.00 with taxes. Mind you these dresses are cheeply made but they appeal to the teenagers. So basically the parents are paying for a 1 day amusement. Never in my life have I shopped at a store that was on big circus. That is what Peaches Boutique is. They do not have a return or exchange policy. Once you purchase the dress you are stuck with it. Well this is where our nightmare began. March 29, 2013 we purchased the dress and it was not in stock. They said our order would be in within 7-10 days. Conveniently, they sent an email April 1, 2013 advising the dress will be ship an estimated date 5-15-13. What? The prom is 5-25-13 9 days later and the dress needs to be altered. Imagine that! How many girls have been put thru this. If they would have told us that in the beginning we would have went somewhere else like Bloomingdales or Nordstrom. I feel this is a form of bate and switch. They get your money with a final sale concept and then give you your merchandise at their convenience.

Peaches Boutique Prom Dresses

More Peaches Boutique Prom Dresses Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fo
      6th of Apr, 2013

Shopping for a prom dress doesn't have to be stressful. My grandmother bought mine at a garage sale, I didn't even get to try it on until she bought it and we went to her house a couple weeks later to pick it up----we lived 70 miles away. I made my daughters dress. Back in the day we wore the same dress for Junior Prom and Senior Prom. All you have to do is set a price limit for the dress and if your daughter can't find one that she likes in that price range, she doesn't have to go to the prom. What I have seen of some of the prom dresses that these girls wear, I would swear they bought the dress without parental supervision. I do have to agree about being cheaply made, I don't know about the dress you bought, however, every now and then when I am flipping through the channels on TV I will see a sewing machine advertised on one of the shopping channels and I stop to see what it is all about, and I about die when they show how to finish seams on party dresses/formals. They use a serger to do it, and believe me that isn't the way I was taught to do it in home ec. class. There is a much nicer way to do it. My formal didn't have serged seams and my daughters didn't either. That is just one of the things that when I see ready made clothes now, makes me shudder. However, because of health problems I do very little sewing now.

• Li
      3rd of Jul, 2015

They cheat you. I ordered a dress and it turned out too small. I reported them to the better business bureau for not refunding my money or making an exchange. Instead of the customer is always right attitude they looked up my searches on their Web site and treated me like a lier and criminal. There are 2 scam reports filed against them and other complaints. Beware of doing business with them.