Paychex / Scam charges and terrible customer service!

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-377-0072

I was in Orlando, FL recently and I had my card stolen on March 7th, 2008. I quickly called and was told that there had been a charge of $936 dollars to my account already. I was furious. I asked what they could do and they told me NOTHING until the charge had settle. I said okay well then can I get a dispute form. They said that they would email me one and that it would take 24-48 hours for an E-MAIL to get sent to me. I waited for the dispute form to come by e-mail. Quickly filled it in and faxed it in as instructed. I was told that I had to return it within 10 business days.

After not receiving my replacement card for two weeks I called in and was informed that they hadn't set the card out yet. I asked why and they were unsure. They asked for my current address and it was different from the one that they had one file so I asked them what I needed to do in order to get my address updated. This was on March 17th, 2008. They said I need to fax my liscense and a copy of a utility bill. I said okay and quickly faxed in my change of address and the dispute form AGAIN. I called by the next day. Still nothing. Faxed everything in again. This went on til March 21st, 2008.

I called and I flipped. I told them that I was going to get off the phone that I wasn't going to wait and have them call me back. They were going to give me a new fax number and I would fax it again and they would make the changes while I was on the phone. FINALLY they did. They told me that I would have my card in 5-7 Business days.

On March 26th, 2008 I called AGAIN to find out the status on my card and to see when I could expect to see it. Alittle early I know but considering the recent events I figured I will get any problem taken care of early. They told me that they hadn't received my dispute form yet and that they didn't know what was going on with my card. I tried to get the phone number of the company that I was faxing it to as they were based in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I was told that they don't have a phone number? Interesting. I was also told to fax it to them again.

Same story on March 27th, 2008.

Same story on March 28th, 2008 expect this time I was told that the card was mailed on March 26th and I should expect it in 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS!

I have a very strange feeling that my dispute form is never going to be received and that I won't be getting my $936 dollars back. I have never been more frustrated. DON'T USE PAYCHEX ACCESS CARD.

They outsource EVERYTHING. Customer service is in India and they simply don't care. I called Paychex directly and my companies account manager is trying to do everything on his end but in all reality he is dealing with the same outsourced company that I have been dealing with for the past month. I doubt that he will get any further. Atleast he has the phone number to the same company that has that fax number!!!

Va

Comments

• Va
      24th of Oct, 2008

Hello,
    I am sorry you had such a bad incident with Paychex. I am not the CEO or anything.
    I would not use the Paychex Access Card.
    I have never liked using an access card with any company though. You must have been set up in Florida by a bad hub. Sometimes people have no idea what they are doing. Here in Denver, everything is perfect. We would have had everything taken care of right away. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. But did you know, we could have set you up with direct deposit instead.
    None of Paychex Customer Service is sent to India. The only location we have outside the US is in Germany, and that is an office.
    Anytime you call Paychex, you are calling the office where your checks are made, locally. That is the only point I wanted to make.
    Paychex was rated 51 on Forbes top 100 companies to work for last year. They must be located in the US...

• Br
      10th of Dec, 2008

My complaint is on the 401k dispursement. They had a hiccup and are treating me like it is my fault. Yet we called several times and the request somehow dissapeared. It is an automated system and this sometimes happens.
    I have asked for a check immediately, but they do not have the funds, as they are tied up in the market.

16th of Mar, 2009

They are located in the US - their headquarters is in Rochester, NY and none of their customer service is outsourced.
    I know - because I used to work there.
    I am so sorry for your troubles though.

5th of Mar, 2010

try a different payroll company like i did. i'm happy i did. they are in rhode island and i'm in detroit but they get it here. glad i switched. no headaches or scams. thank god. i told them i would tell everyone about them. 8 months and happy. try them.. KEVIN D CARTER CPA ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL SERVICES. 401 736 0040

• Ga
      9th of Aug, 2010

We have tried all of the national payroll providers ADP, Paychex, etc. and they just do not seem to work for small businesses. We have about 30 employees and we use and payroll company from Pittsburgh. The company charges us $90 each pay period and that is all inclusive. They don't charge for mailing, check writing, direct deposit, or anything else. Our fee is the same each month and it includes all taxes. Their website is www.beancountersonline.com I feel the pain for the business owners that currently use ADP or Paychex. They made a $1500 error and would not fix it and we ended up out $1500.

• Rg
      1st of Dec, 2010

This is my first time trying a national payroll provider, this one is Paychex; payroll services so far so good, although they charge us 105.00 for 6 employees for every payroll service. The main issu has been the 401K plan; only one employee enrolled, the charge us 62.oo dollars monthly to which we agree, but ripped off our bank account with $1500.00 that were never disclosed or authorize. Multiple phone calls have not resolve the matter yet, and this has been happening for the last 3 months.

• Do