Panda SoftwareNo activation code for Panda Antivirus Pro 2009 after paying for it

1 Review updated:

We purchased "Panda Antivirus Pro 2017 3 licenses - 12 months". We were given a download link after completion of payment, and downloaded the file and installed it on one machine.

However, NO ACTIVATION CODE was provided. The software will not fully function without an activation code. Repeated attempts to get Panda Software to provide an activation code have been futile, with them only providing (at best) useless automated cut-n-paste replies saying how to register the product, WHICH REQUIRES AN ACTIVATION CODE! What they say upfront is that the activation code would accompany the download link by email, but this is a LIE... it definitely did *NOT*. No activation code appears in any email received from Panda Soft and they still refuse to provide an activation code.

The most common (probably fictitious) name that has accompanied the correspondence is:

Douglas Lara

We are filing a complaint with the Consumer Affairs division of the Attorney General for our state and since this fraud involves the use of computers and public and private computer networks, we will file a report with the FBI Cyber Crimes division as well. As their payment processor (element5/digital river) is a German operation and I believe Panda may be a multinational as well, we'll see where it goes but an internet search reveals that this fraudulent practice and behavior is a pattern with them. It has now been 6 days since we paid and we still have no activation code and thus no fully functional software. Their sales promotions state that activation codes will be emailed upon purchase if made online, but THEY DO NOT PROVIDE THEM. Even if we eventually get an activation code, the amount of time they require of you, spent battling their inept incompetent and deceptive "support" people, makes it a VERY bad deal. The software, admittedly, is dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for which at this point for us is *nothing*. Their practice of making online purchasers have to go through this much aggravation rather than automatically providing a usable product is outright fraudulent.

AVOID PANDA SOFTWARE. Look at Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Shield Deluxe, or really anyone BUT Panda Software.

Co

More Panda Software Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 09, 2008

this is a problem i had as well. the only draw back to having them though. i have been using Panda for about 3 years now and have NEVER had a virus or piece of spyware. it is indeed industrial grade. i have it on all 3 of my systems. i have an XP desktop, XP laptop, and Vista laptop. no problems at all after initial code issue.

• Ha
      Dec 01, 2008

haha7yfahfklasf

• Ev
      Dec 04, 2008

Panda Software company practices fraud.I ordered, paid for and downloaded Panda 2017 Pro Antivirus on 11/21/08. After I paid, they put a message in that I needed to pay and additional $49 to get it to work! Well, after paying once, I was not going to be a fool twice! I asked for a refund and they sent an e-mail saying that they were "sorry they could not give one after 30 days" and it had only been 24 hours!Of course I plan to report this to the attorney general' office in my city.These ### should spend time in jail for jipping people out of money like this!I will buy my software from stores, not online anymore!

•   Jan 17, 2009

I have been dealing with Panda anti-virus for almost 5 years now and I swear by it. I also work for a realty who have also adopted Panda to protect their pc's.
    If you correctly read & follow the information listed when purchasing the download, you will be sent an activation code in the email you provided. I have never had a problem and will continue to use Panda proudly. And as far as Norton and McAfee go, they do not hold a candle to Panda.

H.L. Covert

• Ro
      Jul 29, 2011
    Panda Software - Bought next years cover '£71.98 on 19th July payment made to you but so far NO software or confirmation
    Panda
    England, Gloucestershire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: [protected]
    wanadoo.co.uk

I bought a further years (Panda Global Protection) on 19th July 2017 and £71.98 was taken from my credit card at the time. The name against that payment was www.asknet-shops.comkarlsruhedeu To date I have had no confirmation of that purchase and NO software to download??? As you appear to be a complaints organisation how/why has the money been paid to you and not Panda Regards Bob Goldring