Palisades Collection / Fraudsters and scammers!
I too received a letter from Plaza Assoicates yesterday indicating that they are attempting to collect money on behalf of Palisades Collection who is attempting to collect a debt owed to Verizon New Jersey. Not only do I not owe Verizon New Jersey money, when I terminated the account in Feb 2004 I had a credit balance. Verizon owed me money and sent me a check for the credit balance!
I believe that they somehow get the names and account numbers of individuals and go on a fishing expedition. Hoping that instead of questioning the debt people will just pay up. I am responding to the letter disputing the debt owed but have a feeling that even with my proof that this is going to be a long hard fight to resolve. I checked them out on the New Jersey BBB website and what a surprise they have had complaints filed against them.
If you do a search for the company on the Internet you get hit after hit after all about the same thing, what scammers they are.
More Palisades Collection Complaints & Reviews
- Palisades Collection - Illegal collection practices 
- Palisades Collection - Fraud and scam
- Palisades Collection - Beware 
- Palisades Collection - Invalid debt 
- Palisades Collection - Harassing phone calls
- Palisades Collection - Blatt Hasenmiller Liebsker & Moore
- Palisades Collection - Interest added after 5 years of payments 
- Palisades Collection - Messing up my credit even though they have been paid..
- Palisades Collection - Doesn't exists
- Palisades Collection - Unsolicited phone calls