Optionetics / Refund problem

I read an ad on the Toronto Star about Optionetics and the free seminar that was going to be available at the Delta Hotel in Scarborough, Ontario on Dec 18 (2008). I attended the seminar and I signed up for the two day workshop which would take place in Jan [protected]) at a cost of CAD4, 194.75. We were assured at the seminar that should anyone had a change of heart and decided to cancel, a written guaranteed was provided for a refund up to the day of the first class (because it was the holiday period, hence this guarantee). Anyways, I requested a refund first thing on Jan 11 before the class started and returned all the material received as well. I was told that I should see the refund on my card within two weeks and if I didn't, to contact Optionetics' number at the bottom of the form but that there should be no problems since it was all very straightforward. To make the story short, I called them after the two weeks only to be told that as per print in their refund form, I should allow up to 30 business days. I found myself fairly upset at what I found to be very deceiving information from the staff at the seminar and what I was being told now. I waited for the 30 days but still there was no refund. I have been calling their customer service dept every day since, and all they can say is that I am in their refund list but cannot tell me when I will get my money back. Meantime, interest is being charged on my credit card and frustration is mounting as I find the business practices of this company very unethical and misleading. I would suggest to anyone who wishes to sign up for their workshops to think twice before doing so as you may encounter the same problems that I have. They advertise in reputable newspapers and have a website running, giving the impression of impeccable services but it's all very different in practice.

De

Comments

• Aw
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Guaranteed refund in 30 days not received after 51 days. Told I am on a list to receive it but nobody has any idea of when that will be.

3rd of Sep, 2009

I attended one of Optionetics seminars in the Tampa, FL area and signed up for the two day class. When I signed the contract I was told that I had 3 days to cancel and to follow the instructions on the contract if doing so. I attended the seminar on a Wednesday, so I had until midnight Monday to contact them regarding the cancellation. On Monday I spent $104 to send a telegram (which was listed as a viable means of contact on the contract) to the office address on the contract located in Orlando, FL. I received a phone call from the telegram service telling me that the office address did not exist. I tried the phone number listed and no answer. I called the Optionetics office in Redwood City and was told by Pat, to fax a copy of everything to that office, to her attention and it would be handled. Since then I have called repeateadly and have been told every excuse for why I haven't received the refund. The last one being that the company that handles their refunds weren't doing a good job so Optionetics took it over and that I would get my refund back in seven to ten days. It's now been fourteen days since then, over 60 days since the beginning and still no refund. Called them again today and was told that now they have to email their accounting office and find out why the check wasn't sent. I asked her why she couldn't just pick up the phone and call while I waited and she said that that would be impossible, she said it would be quicker through email. Such is life! I don't know where to turn now, I guess more phone calls.