Old Pueblo Traders / Lousy customer service

On 6/1/09 I sent an order in for a nightshirt & a pair of slippers. They were each $19.99 plus S&H. I got 2 pair of slippers. I followed the instructions exactly for an exchange. I got a check for $13.56. I returned the check with a letter saying I did not want a check for $13.56 & if they didn't have the color nightshirt I wanted I would take any color. I have called, written & e-mailed. It is now 8/8/09 & all I have gotten from my 6/1/09 order is a pair of slippers. I can't see how they can promote themselves as a company who prides themselves on customer service because it's non-existent.

Fr

More Old Pueblo Traders Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      28th of Apr, 2010
    Old Pueblo Traders - Harassment
    Old Pueblo Traders

Ever since we bought something from AMO, we've been getting at least one phone call a day, sometimes two a day, from their telephone solicitors. We can't make them stop! I would never recommend them, and we will NEVER buy anything from them again.

• Gr
      2nd of Sep, 2011

Did you call the customer service number when you received the two pairs of slippers? Did you report the mistake to the company BEFORE you filled out your exchange form? I bet you didn't. Because if you had, you would have been waived the return label fee AND the Customer Service agent would have checked to make sure the nightshirt was still available and would have reshipped out the nightshirt free of no cost. Perhaps, instead of blaming companies for lousy customer service you should take a personal inventory and see if you did your part.

• Kb
      24th of Aug, 2017

I placed an order on the evening of August 23rd and the shipping charge was $5.95. Early on August 24th I received an email stating that any order placed on the 24th would qualify for a 99 cent shipping charge. So I called Old Pueblo Traders to see if they would honor the 99 cent shipping charge. I was told definitely not - that the order had been processed. This, in my opinion, is very poor customer service and I will never place another order with this company and I will be closing my account. Wouldn't it have just been much easier to just credit the account for the difference in shipping charges? Well, I guess not, as it seems that they don't care if they lose a customer over a $4.96 dispute. Very, very poor customer service!

• Sm
      21st of Nov, 2018

My mother placed an order with this company and we noticed, the following day, there was an advertisement for 50% black Friday special on all orders if you use the designated code. We called an spoke to two different representatives who said they could not honor the 50% off discount since she did not use the code when placing he order. We asked that the order be cancelled prior to shipment, since the order was still in process. We were assured the order would be cancelled and we would receive an e-mail confirmation of the cancellation within 24 hours. We never received the confirmation, so we followed up and spoke with yet another representative who assured us the order had been cancelled and we would receive an e-mail confirmation and that we should allow an additional 24 hours. We also called and left a voice message for a supervisor clearly indicating that we had been told the order was cancelled and we wanted to follow up with a level of management to make sure the cancellation took place. Today we checked the online account only to find that the order has been shipped. So, you don't honor your sales and discount pricing with elderly customers, lie about the cancellations to your customers and expect no one to write about it. It's obvious they do not care. We will return this order upon receipt and never shop with this company again. Also, the price for the product is cheaper when you go directly to the manufacturers website. In our case it is a shoe purchase. (www.softspots.com)

• Sm
      21st of Nov, 2018

Update: We received a call from one of the company managers named Arcel (sp?). She was very courteous and apologetic for our experience with her company. She immediately offered a 50% discount. We appreciate her consideration and accepted the 50% discount based on the black Friday company offer. Thanks again Arcel!