OffshoreAlert / Slandering

1 123 S.E. 1st Avenue, Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (305) 600-2878

A warning for all!!

Don't sign up for OffshoreAlert site with your real name!!!

I recently did a search for my name (no I'm not giving my name out to the whole internet) and I found a posting from OffshoreAlert of a court case in 2012 that never took place. At first I was nah that's not me but it was how I spell my name. Hummm odd so I click on it and no info (of course) but the site wants me to sign up to get the info for free. ok... so I was signing up (for free) but I remembered the web site before. Yes, i signed up before and I used my real name, yes in hind site shouldn't have done that. I was looking for information on cases in my country in witch this site said it had. Well some spelling was wrong on the site and that's an indication of not only a bad site, also somethings not right, But then when you want to look up any info the free site now cost $60 lol.

I see the scam if you use your name you will be in a later post, in fact it's like blackmail. If you don't pay sign up you'll never know what is written. Huummm good thing you can check your local court to find out the truth and there was no such case. I have sent a letter to through OffshoreAlert asking to remove this untruthful post. Lets hope he (or whatever their name truly is) dose, could be catfishing people too. I like to point out your real name CAN be found out with the help of a court order so there is no hiding behind the internet.

Why dose this site do it this way instead of using the already plethora of real cases out there? I found out the courts in my country will not give out any information so you would have to be IN the court as it happens. It could be found in the local papers and I checked the local papers nothing. After 4 hours of my life that included going to the courts with my id and a letter signed by a JP to ask for the information. I did this to see if someone started a court case in my name which I found out they can't and it never happened.

So I did a search on the OffshoreAlert site and you guessed it its a bogus site trying to scam people out of money, I feel for the people who have fallen for this. Well as we can see whoever it is trolls, has several accounts to say as he pleases to the people who have exposed this scam. It is a shame that free speech is being abused like this. This site would like you to feed off any fear or curiosity you might have and it will cost you $60 or more. You can check any false statement made it just takes some time on your part. You have rights in any country your in, that protects you from anyone slandering your name and like in my country you can sue for damages. I will do so if the false statements made are not removed and If this was done to you too, I can tell you how to start a case too. Your name is with you forever and someone slandering it to make a profit should not profit.

Fr

More OffshoreAlert Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      Feb 27, 2013

This is possibly the most ###ic and dishonest posting about OffshoreAlert that I have ever seen (and that's saying something).

Within a few hours of the above message being posted on this site, I received an email from "Anthony Godley", who provided a link to the above 'complaint' and offered to have it removed, for a fee, of course. I have copied and pasted Godley's email below in its entirety.

Although he claimed his business, Bloomer Digital, was based in London, I searched the records of Companies House and there is no company called Bloomer Digital incorporated in England. I visited 'bloomerdigital.com' and found there was no web-site at that address and also found that the domain name is registered through a privacy company.

So the scam seems to be this: Post a negative message about a company and then send them an email soliciting money in order for it to be removed.

OffshoreAlert

This is the message I received:

Hi there,

We have found negative content appearing on the search engines about your business.

Below is a sample of some of the negative content we found:

This type of negative content really can prove disastrous for a business, especially in today’s web based society.

Make no mistake, your current and prospective customers are looking at this information and be assured that the creator of these complaints will be writing complaints elsewhere.

Bloomer Digital provides comprehensive Reputation Management services; we are an international leader in the field.

Please see attached for some information from our online media kit.

The process is simple. One fixed monthly fee, no on-going contract and complete online security.

Some of our previous customers include:

Avon.com
    Lidl.co.uk
    Philippines Department of Tourism
    Imperial Bank
    Talk Fusion
    BetOnMarkets

AND MANY MORE…

We offer a very cost effective solution to Online Reputation Management and will get negative content removed from search engines and repopulate search engines with new, fresh and optimised content.

We also have a full ScamBoard & Scambook Business Resolve Account and have hundreds of complaints removed from Scambook & ScamBoard every month.

Please see more information by going to our Reputation Management page which also includes some Project Examples:

Of course at this stage there is no obligation, but it would be great if we could have a chat about how this can be achieved and perhaps discuss any questions you may have?

We hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

LONDON OFFICE: (0044) 0207 193 9479
    WEB: www.bloomerdigital.com
    SKYPE: reversemedia

REGISTERED ADDRESS: Unit 8 Cherry Court, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5LA

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
    Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Feb 27, 2013

The first part of the scam was a complaint from someone who called himself "C. Grahame" and used an email address of [protected]@hotmail.com. I replied to his purported email address asking for more information and my email was bounced back (see below).

David Marchant

This is the mail system at host smtp16.relay.dfw1a.emailsrvr.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[protected]@hotmail.com>: host mx4.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 550
    Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO
    command)

Feb 27, 2013

The first part of the scam was me being sent the following email:

From: [protected]@offshorealert.com [mailto:[protected]@offshorealert.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:22 AM
    To: [protected]@hotmail.com
    Cc: [protected]@offshorealert.com
    Subject: Editorial / Forum Issues

Good day Stop using my name and putting up false information in my name. After I did a googal search of my name, I found your posting. Let me be clear if this is not removed. I will be forced to find your true address through the Bermuda courts and serve you, You can not hide behind the vale of the internet as you have to log on to a computer (IP address) and if you do receive money from your site your real contact information can be ordered by a court from your bank. As you may know. I am asking nicely and if I see this fraudulent posting (which came to be after I visited your site looking for information on a case) within two weeks. I will proceed without any more communication to you but through your local court system. Have a good day Mr. C. Grahame

____

I replied to the email asking for specific information and my email was bounced back (see below).

This is the mail system at host smtp16.relay.dfw1a.emailsrvr.com.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

The mail system

<[protected]@hotmail.com>: host mx4.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 550
    Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO
    command)

Mar 06, 2014

Today, I spoke with Anthony Godley, of Bloomer Digital, who explained to me that his business' software was specifically designed to pick up reputationally-damaging comments about individuals and businesses as soon as they appeared on the Internet and immediately notify the party being disparaged.

So what appeared to me to be suspicious (being contacted only an hour or so after a negative message was posted) may simply have been an example of the effectiveness of Bloomer Digital's software.

After speaking with Mr. Godley, I accept that neither he nor any of his employees wrote the offending message.

Owner & Editor, OffshoreAlert

• Fr
      Jun 16, 2014

Hello everyone, I just wanted to warn you about a person I hired from
    PPH, namely Anthony Godley who is the owner of Bloomer Digita!

The former person was suppose to do a web design and front-end
    development for me, and in the beginning he was very friendly and kind,
    and then the problems started and after many discussions we decided to
    continue with him as he managed to persuade me. However, the problem was
    that this Anthony Godley did not at all either design the website as I
    wanted it to be, and even though I tried to meet him to describe to him
    several times he did not have time. But when the deadline were getting
    closer he more or less called me on Skype telling me that he had sent a
    zip folder to both me and another person I was working with saying that
    the work had been completed. Then he contacted me and told me that he
    wanted the money for the job he had done, and started to be very
    impolite to me on the phone. It was then that everything started to get
    ugly, this due to that I had found out that the zip folder he had sent
    to me neither contained the completed material and that there were
    several bugs with the actual work. But still Anthony claimed that the
    work was done and that he wanted to have his money, and I several time
    tried to explain to him that I did not believe that the work was done
    and that I did not want to pay any money for the job he had done until I
    had seen it completed. Unfortunate he started to threaten me, insult
    me and call me all kind of insulting things and it even went so far that
    I have now called the police both in England and in my home country and
    filed reports against him. To my evidence for this accusation I have
    saved our Skype chat (containing the threat, insults and his lies), and
    have also had the zip folder checked by 3 independent experts and have
    now to hide on a secret address until the police have done their
    investigation as I am scared of that he will try to harm me. The
    saddest thing is that this person has now said he has reported me to the
    police because I had apparently threatened him, which I think is really
    strange as our Skype chat and email correspondences shows quite the
    opposite and have shown that to the police who thought it was really
    strange that he must have felt threaten by me and still continue to act
    as my friend and "doing" the work.
    So my first notice is to warn you all from Anthony Godley and his company Bloomer Digital!

I come from a Christian tradition and have been studying a BA and MA in
    Theology and having been living in my little Theology bubble I have not
    been able to either see or understand why someone would lie to me or
    want to harm me. But I have now understood that people have exploited
    my kindness and honesty, and that I am an easy prey because I have this
    belief that people are always kind and honest to me! Because of the
    whole situation I have now lost a lot of money on both these people, and
    being a poor student with a thin budget it did not make me much more
    happier when Anthony only laughed against me saying that he did not care
    about money because it was so little for him anyway! But for me it is a
    lot of money as I had saved this money to be able to do this homepage,
    and had to sacrifice buying books, online journals, and other things
    needed for my studies in order to pay the deposit to Anthony. Plus that
    some of the money were money which my local Church had given to me
    because they knew I had a very tight budget and wanted to help me, so I
    feel really sad and bad now as I feel that I have "fooled" my Church as
    these money could have been spent on better things than paying his
    luxury life!

I know that either Anthony or someone else may reply to this text and
    try to make me look as I am a liar and whatever they may be able to dig
    up, but I am not too worried about that as I have shown the police the
    evidences which I have and they have informed me that there are too many
    evidences indicating that I have been scammed and threatened.
    So please be cautious if you are doing business with either Anthony or
    Bloomer Digital please be cautious as Anthony is now under investigation
    for scam, threat from both UK, my home country and apparently US
    because there are suspicions that he may have scammed people there.
    But, I cannot say that he in my case has been convicted in any court,
    only alert you about him and that he is now under police report for
    these things in three different countries!

Thanks!