Oakwood Homes / Just don't deal with them

Let me tell you those outside building you can buy already built are better than a doublewide we got from Oakwood. At the time they knew we need a home, but that is what we wanted a home not a falling apart piece of junk. They kept telling first oh you can get this big house, than we ended up with a small doublewide that looks like kids put it together with staples. The walls are like tissue paper and all the fixtures are falling off the walls, no studs behind them. You can stand next to the windows and feel the cold air pouring in not to mention the heat in summer. I could go on and on. Just don't deal with them unless you have loads upon loads of money to fix up the mess of a home you get.

Va

More Oakwood Homes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Li
  15th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

My Oakwood home is a piece of crap! It will not last the amount of time it was financed for. The roof leaks, the AC unit they installed leaked and warped the floors, the windows are hard to open because they are all bowed, the guest bathroom toilet/plumbing leaked and the floor has to be replaced. The bathtubs cracked, EVERY single door knob in the house broke in addition to all of the faucets/fixtures. My linoleum in the kitchen and master bathroom is coming up at the edges. The walls are so cheap you can hang a picture without sinking massive screws into the walls then roll up some duck tape on the back of the picture "Just in Case", the kitchen drawers have all had to have their runners replaced, within 4 years I had to replace all of the kitchen appliances. I live in Arizona and it gets really tough paying electric bills between $400 and $530 each month because the "house" is so cheap! If you are considering purchasing an Oakwood home DON'T!

Ti
  11th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I live in Wilkesboro NC and have been trying to buy a home for a year now and two months into it they told me I was approved and finally we're down to the final steps just waiting on the title for the land to come when the manager that has tried his best to squeeze us out of every penny he could to fatten his wallet tells the construction guy he wont do the deal unless he does it by his price and he already agreed to the set price. He has done things like this the whole year and I have already sunk 1200.00 dollars into this deal with fees and etc. He also sold another consumer a piece of property in a developement that would not accept mobile homes and ended up in court over the situation. Don't deal with James at Oakwood Homes in Wilkesboro Nc.

Un
  19th of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I agree with these posts. My experience with Oakwood/Clayton homes in Eden, NC has been horrible. I believe the salesmen there will move on to be gatekeepers in hell after they retire because they have no souls to rip people off the way they do. And the homes themselves are poorly made and they company will not stand behind the warrenty. You think you are getting a good deal until 2 years down the road when you've spent half of what you paid for the home in repairs. Stay away from manufactured homes all together! They are not worth it!

De
  2nd of Jun, 2013

We have been in our home little over a year now. Since we got in when the AC come on we smell a sewage smell in both of the bathroom. They came out and tried to fix it but the man that came out was so rude and blame the smell on our dogs and fish tank. And a year later we r still having this problem. I mean Trey his is the one that sold us the trailer and he was real nice. But this problem has went own long enough. It is harmful to smell so are they anyone out there that could help because there not going to.

Mi
  7th of Feb, 2016

i called Eden and they told me the Breeze a brand new 16x72 single wide 3 br 2 bath totally set up on our lot with tile vinyl siding and brick foundation would be 15, 000 i thought wow what a deal for a second home but now i am not sure

Ls
  6th of Mar, 2017

I purchased a new double wide and my family and I moved into it in June we discovered a water leak in August. They claimed it was from an improper install of a/c unit and came out to fix it. I informed them there was still a leak they finally came out in February and uncovered the leak and found black mold. This is something that should have been taken care of in August but they had to wait and have made numerous excuses as to why it wasn't fixed so now they get to replace most of the subfloor