Nordic Track / Icon Health and Fitness / improper disclosure of fees
I ordered a Nordic Track product by phone from the company (known as Icon Health and Fitness). I asked for their 4-month same as cash finance offer.
Upon receiving the first account statement, I noted a $39 "Annual Fee" on the statement.
I first called the account processing company (HC Procesing Center of Lowell, AR) and spoke to Mario. I explained that an annual fee was never disclosed to me when I made the offer and therefore should not be charged. He indicated that if I paid in full by the statement due date and closed the account, the $39 fee would be dropped upon receipt of payment. I said close the account now, and ended the converstation.
I then called Icon sales and asked to talk with a sales supervisor. I was connected to "Sid". I explanined the situation. He said that the charge would have been disclosed at the time of the order. I said I may have been read a disclosure, but was not quoted an Annual Fee of any amount. It would not be logical for me to want a "xx days same-as-cash" offer if there was some kind of charge, such as an annual fee. He said it would have been disclosed as "a 21% apr". I responded that any APR percent quoted would make no difference to me, as I anticipated paying NO interest, so who cares what the APR is.
I indicated that I feel this practice is deceptive since they advertise "no interest" then charge you what they themselves admit is interest.
Sid said he would credit my account for $39.
I suppose if this happens to you, then you can call and request the refund as I did. However, do you want to go thru the hassle? On a higher level, do you want to deal with a company that practices this kind of deception in the first place?
More Nordic Track / Icon Health and Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- NordicTrack.com - nordic track do not honor the warranty! 
- NordicTrack - poor service / poor product 
- NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro Elliptical - buyer beware - horrible product support 
- Nordic Track - NordicTrack GX7.0 pro - Exercise Bike - service and quality
- NordicTrack - non existent customer service 
- NordicTrack - elliptical contract #70216109
- NordicTrack - best protection plan
- NordicTrack - customer service (nordictrack)
- NordicTrack - customer service...
- NordicTrack - Bike GX 4.7