NiteWind Cattery/Selkirk Rex / sold HCM positive kittens

1 WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 608 296-4080

Bought 4 cats, 1st curly one never grew a coat had to be neutered, the other 3 breeders had HCM. Didn't know this until litters came and had many dead kittens. No money returned and only offer to replace WITH MORE DEALTHY SICK KITTENS. All had to be spayed/neutered and have to be on medication until they, too, die at young ages. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

Comments

• Ro
      1st of Mar, 2012

Can you please e mail me, I have purchased a kitten from nitewind and now I am seeing this awful review...rojagb10@hotmail.com

• Lo
      4th of Aug, 2012

HCM is not easily detectable and I doubt that this was an intentional act as you make it sound. HCM is a thickening of the heart muscle and the breeder is no more at fault then, for example, your grandparents were when they developed heart disease or diabetes or whatever. If you were accusing her of breeding cats that were positive for feline leukemia or PKD or something there is an easy test for, I would understand. UC Davis doesn't yet have an HCM test for British Shorthairs or Selkirks.

10th of Nov, 2014

I agree. I have 2 cats that I purchased from Nitewinds a few years age and they are the sweetest healthest cats I've ever had! They only need to go to the vets for their yearly check ups. I call Mary for any advice I need and she is very helpful. Anne Marsella in Califorlnia

• He
      5th of May, 2015

I have purchased two cats from Nite Wind. I adore both of them. One of them has a slight heart murmur, which is being monitored by a cat cardiologist. It is pricey, but I want to stay on top of it. She is such a sweet girl.