Nexon America / Banning!

United States Review updated:
4.45
My 13yo daughter was playing Maple Story and noticed a software glitch. The monsters were not attacking her. She continued to play the game as any kid would do. The next day she was banned from the site for hacking! Since Nexon has no published numbers, we submitted the problem via their "customer service" interface - what a joke. The response we got back said:

"Be advised that continuing to stay online while experiencing a glitch is considered exploiting and carries the same penalty as if you were hacking intentionally. If you become glitched again in the future be sure to log off immediately and reboot your system. Do NOT stay online if you are glitched."

If anyone knows of a number to call, I'd sure appreciate it...

Comments

Je
  14th of Jan, 2008
Why on earth are we reponsible for their software glitch??? Players should not be punished for their software glitch. They need to work on the problem themselves and stop blaming others.

Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem. I was banned for "hacking" and have been suspended for 30 days. Submitted a ticket, but was told that I should follow the rules. There are no numbers for this company. I highly advise submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General of California (where Nexon America is located). We cannot let this company bully us around and treat their paying customers (I was a paying customer when I purchased Nexon Cash) any way that they want. It is not how a business is run and we cannot stand for it.

Ni
  16th of Jan, 2008
Its because Nexon are lazy, and they suck. There are many other problems with Nexon, not just getting banned unfairly for hacking.
Le
  19th of Jan, 2008
"No where that we could find is such a rule stated... and just what 13yo computer illiterate girl is going to understand this."

Actually it is stated in the TOS if you read it carefully. It states that exploiting glitches are considered just as bad as hacking and is bannable. Im sure she noticed that she wasnt being hit and since she stayed on the game knowing this, they can only assume she was taking advantage of it. If your daughter is so computer illiterate as to not understand that, then she should not even be playing an online game where she must take such responsibilties into hold.

Nexon america expects people to use your common sense, as a warning in the future teach your "computer illiterate" daughter a little bit and maybe this wont happen in the future. Submitting a support ticket will not solve ignorance.

"I was a paying customer when I purchased Nexon Cash) any way that they want. It is not how a business is run and we cannot stand for it."

It states straight in the TOS that nexon is allowed to do what they want with your account for any reason they want and you agreed to that. If you played while exploiting the glitch which is what you were doing, then they have every right to ban your account. This includes even if uve purchased nexon cash. you cannot do anything about it since you agreed to it during your registration. I suggest you read things first before trying to complain, and in the future sign off if you get that glitch. For now just take the ban and during that time perhaps learn common sense.

Also that glitch is not only nexons fault. Its caused by what appears to be server lag and only affects a few people. They dont know exactly what causes it as far as theyve notified players but im guessing it has something to do with the players connection or whatnot. In an online game such problems cannot be avoided and nexon does whatever is in there grasp to bring us updates and game fix'.
  1st of Feb, 2008 Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Don't be a ### Lee.

Lighten up, children don't know anything about exploits and glitches, Nexon is disgusting.

Do you expect children to read a really long boring TOS agreement.

You've got to be joking me.
Fr
  13th of May, 2008

But seriously, why are you raising illiterate children?
St
  28th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
What the fack? You people have a messed up sense of morality and customer rights. How can you people treat this Ken guy so harshly? Is it because you are also working for this asian run company (with Asian business practices)? Common sense tells you that you don't ban a player for a software glitch, if they were or weren't taking advantage of it, it doesn't matter. Also, common sense tells you that people don't and shouldn't have to read a TOS in order to play a game. Nexon needs to fix their customer service or soon will find that they wont need it at all since they wont have customers.
An
  25th of Jun, 2008
"Why is your 13 year old daughter illiterate? And why is she on the internet if she's illiterate playing video games? Just because your daughter didn't know the rules doesn't mean she should be immune to them. Just because she doesn't know its wrong to steal doesn't give her a free license to steal whatever she wants until she gets caught.

But seriously, why are you raising illiterate children?"

Fred, I think you need to re-read what he said. He distinctly said "Computer illiterate". A computer illiterate is a term given to a person which has none or limited knowledge on computers.

Before you decide to post anything with accusations involved, I think you take a stroll to the corner of your room and spend a few minutes doing some thinking deeply about what the poster said and what he meant.
Kk
  13th of Sep, 2008
your weird
Fo
  15th of Nov, 2008
Look. Nexon are gay ###, and its their fault they make such ### maps. Take combat arms for example. IF they had half a brain, they would account ban AND IP ban, and switch to PUNKBUSTER. hackshield has got to be the ### and easiest to bypass. Im 14 and i can do it. And what the ###? they tell you you need to reboot. What ###. Nexon's customer service is ###. Yes is said it ITS MOTHER###ING ###. what the ### are these ### tickets that no GM ever has ever read. And if you post two tickets, you get a reprimand because you posted two tickets.

BUNGIE on the other hand, creators of the famous Halo, have GREAT customer service. Friendly err, mods? or staff for want of a better word. None of this ### NX cash. All you do is pay for XBOX live, and they get their money from microsoft i think..? anways the bottom line is that nexon need to get better customer support and hack protection.

Their maps suck too, with combat arms the CONSTANT glitchers. Its not our fault if they dont make their maps 100% leak free...
Sh
  27th of Nov, 2008
same thing happend to me but on combat arms they banned for apparantly hacking and i dont even know how to
Ju
  11th of Jan, 2009
13 year old computer illiterate? Nah. Kids nowadays know more about computers than probably Gates or Jobs.

Should she be banned if she was making a simple mistake in judgment, probably not, however Nexon has no way of really knowing if your daughter was willfully violating the rules or just made a mistake. So companies like this will err on the side of ban them all and let the innocent suffer. Common business practice all too much nowadays it seems.

Honestly cannot say I agree or disagree with the choice, just that I see where they were coming from.
Jj
  27th of May, 2009
"Also, common sense tells you that people don't and shouldn't have to read a TOS in order to play a game."
Are you ###ed?
Terms are there for a reason, If I didn't read the rules for something I was participating in That they supplied me and told me to check it if I agreed I was participating in I can't say "I didn't know."
It's like singing any agreement.
If you knew your own governmental legal system you would know that ignorance is not an excuse.
Jj
  27th of May, 2009
Your "common sense" statements do not justify anything because common sense is relative. I could just as easily say It's common sense that tells you that if something weird is going on you shouldn't continue."
Or "It's common sense to read a TOS before saying you say that you agree to that exact same TOS."

If I was using a woodwork saw, and it was making weird noises when I'm cutting, chances are that it's not a good idea to continue. It is not the manufacturer's problem, they don't babysit ignorance. They supply you a manual and such when you get the product informing you with warning and the like. If I AM choosing to continue I am showing that I take ALL responsibility for the outcome since what I am doing is out of bounds of what was intended with the product.

I cannot simply say "I didn't know" If the information was available to me, and claimed that I agreed with it. It's the same thing with the law.
Ti
  7th of Jul, 2009
As a parent I have had the enjoyment of actually playing maplestory with are son. After 2 years of playing its had its many ups and downs. The reason I am leaving this post if so parents are aware, and should take note. Nexon America has to be one of the rudest complains I have ever had the displeasure of trying to talk with.
Our son went and bought ITCG trading cards, he was very excited, and they have maplestory item codes for items used in the game. He told me what he would like to get, and to my amazement he got the items he wanted. Yet with in minutes they were removed from his account. Later I found out that Nexon has been having problems with ITCG items. Our son just turned 12. Nexon has posted a blurb regarding this problem yet as usual have not fixed it. He spent $30.00 dollars of his own hard earned money. Nexon expects these children to read the forums so they are informed. Well what child at this age does! So as any parent would I wanted to discuses this matter with Nexon, and yes there online web page complaint is a joke to say the least. They even informed me if any more complaints were logged they would ban there account.
Anyways I did find a PHONE NUMBER (213-858-5930) and called it. At first I got a mail box which does not work. The next time I tried it said leave a message if you have any online game problems. I called back during the hours of business, and pushed) to talk to operator. The response I got was unreal, I was shocked, she told that I had the wrong company when I asked what they did she told me it was a private companies and would not say what they did and denied having anything to do with any game. SHE OUTRIGHT LIED. I called back told her what there message said at that number. She told me I had the wrong number. I told her I wanted to speak with someone’s she hung up.
Now I was really mad I called back and laid into her, she admitted they do run maple story and there was absolutely no one I could speak with regard any matter and hung up.
I can not believe that the owners of a game that has that much paternal as a profitable business would treat anyone like this. They are ripping children off. What happened to our son is fraudulent.
I could go on and on. We all need to ban together and teach companies like these you can not treat people this way or rip of are children. I whish there was a company that would buy them out and do what is right. They would have a gold mine on there hands. If anyone knows a lawyer who likes a good fight our son would like to sue them.
I can’t believe that a company could be that rude.
Tm
  19th of Jul, 2009
TOS=RULES/LAWS
INTERNET GAMES = BUSINESS = MONEY

Basically a company will not have any lose only gain.

::AS FOR PEOPLE THAT GOT BANNED::
They basically have the rights to ban you for any illegal actions. Glitching, Hacking, Power Leveling, Buying/Selling Mesos, Buying/Selling NX CASH, harassment, bypassing the curse filter, and a whole ### load STATED in the TOS are considered illegal actions.
*REFER TO ToS PROVIDE BELOW*

==LIST OF REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO PLAY GAMES==
1)BE ABLE TO READ AND TYPE IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
2)READ THE TOS/RULES
3)UNDERSTAND THE TOS/RULES
-------------------------------------------------------------
::AS FOR PEOPLE THAT LOSED MONEY::
I'm 19 and I have been playing maplestory since BETA and I have not yet spend a single dollar in this game. If you want to blame someone, you should blame yourself.
==Here are the reason why I say you should blame yourself.==
1)This is a FREE TO PLAY GAME.
2)YOU SHOULDN'T LET YOU KID SPEND MONEY ON A FREE TO PLAY GAME.
3)THIS IS JUST YOUR FAULT AS THE ADULT
--------------------------------------------------------------
::AS FOR ALL THE HACKERS AND PRIVATE SERVER PEOPLE::
Hosting Private Servers and Playing on one is a liable issue. It'll COST you 1, 000 USD

Hosting a site with hacks or anything to benefit one self in-game is a liable issue that will COST you 100, 000 USD
---------------------------------------------------------------
::USEFUL INFORMATION/REFERENCE::
ToS - http://nxcache.nexon.net/nx/global/legal_info/terms.html
#2.3.2 - CONCERNING NX CASH PEOPLE
#14 - THOSE WITH COMMENTS/QUESTIONS about NEXON
#15 - CONTACT NUMBER FOR PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN CA ONLY
#16 - LIQUIDATED DAMAGES(VERY IMPORTANT MUST READ FOR HACKERS)

Any Question's or Statement contact me at Tmanxp@gmail.com.
Ak
  23rd of Jul, 2009
For future reference, this 13 year old girl IS, IN FACT, immune to such rules. As stated in the TOS the account actually belongs to her mother, as you must be 18 years of age to make the agreement. This means that her mother is liable for her actions and should therefore observe her daughter's doings to prevent the banning of her account. Also, I have an example or two about Nexon lying about their TOS.
Ne
  13th of Aug, 2009
"Don't be a ### Lee.

Do you expect children to read a really long boring TOS agreement.

You've got to be joking me."

Justin are you sure we dont know anything about that. you underestimate us "kids"
Qu
  23rd of Jan, 2010
Ugh nexon im sorry to say is a ### company >:|
Asians do what ever they want to. their game soon people will get sick of it and quit like i am think about doing that
also you know how they say DON'T SCAM?
well in fact they are scammers
yeah thats right i said they are scamers
I say this because I bought NX off of nexon.net and i bought 15 dollars USD and see i paid with paypal and then the money came out of my bank account i looked it up online it says NEXON AMERICA took $15 out of your checking/savings account. Now they banned my account wont answer my emails cuz their CS sux and so far maples going down hill after v62 right about the time Nexon took over and im a hard coo ms freak and they banned my lvl 194 main i have been playing since v.32, :1st time maple came out! idk what to say anymore anyone want to play some WoW? lol jk not that big of a nerd but anyways they banned me like many others for no reason.
Tr
  1st of Feb, 2010
Nexon America has some of the ### customer service I have ever seen in my entire life.

I can sympathise with your argument, ok, technically it was "exploiting a glitch", but she didn't know any better. 13 years old ? I don't think she should be held accountable.

In Combat Arms, my best friend got banned the other day. He was a CAPTAIN IV . That's a very, very high rank. I've known him since I was 5 years old, and he doesn't hack. The reason he got banned ? "Hacking/Botting" .

Nexon America will ban you at any time, for what ever reason they want. I suggest you don't spend any money on their games at all. Otherwise, you risk losing time and money. Pointless.

I live in New Zealand, and am going to call their HQ tomorrow. Tell them what's what.
Th
  6th of Apr, 2010
Brothers and Sisters, Nexon is a simple-minded when it comes to sense of sympathy. I recommend you all to start a Strike or Industrial Action to make good means of JUSTICE! In the past century, some company made such this rules, not everyone must depend on rules if there really is thoughtless and weak sense to the public of USA. If we love our most lovely country, we must do everything to protect the rights of our beloved USA.