Nationwide Home Warranty / Breach of Contract
The below e-mail to Nationwide Home Warranty is fairly self explanatory. I am faced with the potential of having to replace an AC unit and this is what I found when filing my claim yesterday;
I sent you an e-mail early this morning filing a claim with no response at all. When I called in the customer service rep advised that you no longer were servicing this area and you were cancelling my policy and sending me a prorated refund of $63. I asked when this was started and the response was May 18, 2010. I asked when they planned on notifing the contract holders as myself and he responded that they sent out e-mails but realized people might have old e-mail addresses and did not receive them. I advised that I was one of those that was not notified.
The contract specifically stipulates " This contract shall be non-cancelable by Nationwide, except for the following reason: Upon mutual agreement of Nationwide and the contract holder(Roy and Donna Dodd)". We have not and do not agree to cancel this contract without at least a 60 day notice of which we do not have.
We are sitting here with a non working air conditioner in 90+ degree tempatures and since you refuse to service the contract (N100876) Nationwide awarded to us on July 30, 2009 we are forced to secure our own air-conditioning contractor to repair or replace this system to its proper working order. Please understand that we will expect Nationwide to re-imburse us for any out of pocket cost (less $60 deductible) to repair or replace this air-condition system back to its normal working order and any other issues that might come up through the normal period of this agreed contract through 7/30/10.
You have until 1:00PM EDT today to service this contract and place my claim with a contractor to repair my unit today or I will be forced to execute as mentioned above. You must confirm to me by this time.
More Nationwide Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Unpaid Claim, Poor Customer Service, Rip Off Because Policy Will Not Cover Me 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Class Action Lawsuit 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - BBB, Attny. General of Greater NY, NY State Insurance Board Info. 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Won't Honor the Terms of the Contract 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Unethical Business Practices
- Nationwide Home Warranty - 3 Year Contract not Honored
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Insurance Fraud 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - MEDIA CONTACT - PLEASE CALL
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Illegal ,Scam, Fraud 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Dishonest Company