Nationstar Mortgagerefinance under harp program

Ge Jan 12, 2013 Lewisville, TX Review updated:

I am a totally blind individual and work for the VA here in Reno NV.
I have been a customer with Nationstar Mortgage for over two years, and I have never missed a payment or have been late. My previous loan was with Bank of America before my note was obtained by Nationstar Mortgage.
I started the refiance process in the first week of August 2012. My loan officer, Andrew Graham, contacted me about one week later to inform me that all necessary documents to proceed with the refi were present and he mentioned that it could take 60 to 90 days for the completion of the refinancing of my loan.
It has been over 5 months now since the refinancing process started.
During the past 5 months, I contacted Nationstar'sloan processing center multiple times to inquire how long it would take to complete the refinance process.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Lewisville, TX
I have also contacted Mrs. Tracy Darnell, of Nationstar Mortgage concerning my refi. She told me that the loan could not be moved forward because it is allegedly in a subordinate department. According to Mrs. Darnell, she send emails to the department and was told as of 1/8/13, that they are still working on trying to complete the subordinate process.
I also left a message for Mrs. Darnell's supervisor who never returned my call
I am extrely disappointed with my mortgage company and the way they handle my loan.
I am looking fotward in getting some help in closing this loan. This inconvenience is causing me and my family financial hardship. I would appreciate any help in resolving this matter.
George M. Mayes Jr - (h) [protected] (c) [protected] (email) [protected]@gmail.com
Betty J. Mayes
Loan No: [protected]

Comments

• Ju
      Feb 15, 2013

I absolutely agree with you! I also have a Nationstar 1st mortgage and am trying to refinance under the HARP program. I started this process 7 months ago and kept getting the run around. I have gone through 3 loan officers there and they have blamed this long process on getting a new Title Company and a subordination. The customer service there is horrible, I would be lucky to get a response within a month of sending out an email. Only after telling them to stop the refinancing process, they contact me the very next day to offer discounts or to see if there was anything they could do? REALLY? So, I began talking to another mortgage finance company and they stated that it should only take a month or so even with a subordination! I'm currently working with them to refinance everything and I'm almost at closing and it's only been 3 weeks since I contacted them! My advice, use another company!!!

I sure am and I did.

Feb 15, 2013

I do have the RIGHT to try and refinance my loan. What is your purpose here? This is a board to complain about a company's services not to criticise.

• Dl
      Feb 20, 2013

Nationstar has my first mtg due to being sold from another, they solicited me to refi under HARP. I have been trying for 8 months now getting the same run around as jules1317 and am ready to throw in the towel. I would like to know what federal agency to file a formal complaint with and is there a class action lawsuit I could join or how do I start one?

• Mi
      Feb 25, 2013

Jules,
    Been having the same problem. What mortgage company are you looking at as an alternative to Nationstar?

• Am
      Apr 05, 2013

My husband and I also have a first mortgage with Nationstar and are trying to refi with them under the new program HARP. We started our refi in November 2012 and still have not closed. Every time you call you get the run around and when you check your status of your loan you get a different answer every time you call. As far as getting someone to call you back, you can forget that. We are waiting for a subordination as well and that is even a bigger mess. I would also like to know what federal agency we can file a complaint with and if there was a class action suit to join, me and my husband would gladly join in.

• Wa
      Apr 23, 2013

Like the rest of you I am going through a HARP re-fi with Nationstar and getting the same run-around regarding my new loan. I was originally quoted 60 t0 90 days in August of 2012, it is now mid-April and I am still "in the process" due to a subordination. On occasion they will send me an email, or give me a call about my loan status - BUT IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME BS. I am very tempted to let them know I am not interested in continuing the re-fi process with them.

In the back of my mind they are milking it because they are still getting my normal $2200 a month mortgage ($1900 of which is pure interest /profit for them)...so why would they be in a rush? I am open filing a formal complaint, or to a class action suit, if one is brought forth.

Jun 05, 2013

I unwittingly signed up for the “trial period” for a loan modification with Nationstar. As I did not hear back from the agent named on the “offer” letter I began to research their program to see if I could find any information on their process. Low and behold….volumes of complaints on any type of related forum and complaint board. So I immediately just went back and made my regular payments. I denied their offer after finding out their tricks. (Remember…their “collectors” are not that bright). That made them hunt for anything they could to intimidate me. I have three fax numbers for them – bankruptcy [protected]), foreclosure specialist [protected]) and research [protected]). When I fax, I fax all of them. I reiterate everything that was discussed in conversation as well as any response to any letters they send. I went to pay and the rep would not take my payment, said that there was a demand letter – I have not received it (of course), but found out how much is due and when. I faxed the rep asking to fax me a copy asap – to all 3 fax numbers! After what I’ve read I will submit complaints to FTC in Texas, State Attorney General (for CA & TX) to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (I downloaded their listing so I can provide complain counts with my faxes), Texas Dept of Savings and Mortgage Lending, as well as a good number of the 488 state representatives. Here is where you can find that information. 1) http://www.sentate.gov/general/contact_information, 2) http://www.house.gov/representatives/ 3) http://tomas.loc.gov/home/state-ligistures.html 4) http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ . Lawsuit: Triplett vs Nationstar Mortgage Settlement – google it to see if you can participate.

Get one of those online fax services so you can fax from your computer. Feel free to contact me – I’ve been researching and looking for more fax numbers – I’m making it a point to be heard! Good luck everyone.

• Fo
      Aug 07, 2013

I'm going through the same BS with Nationstar. I call them EVERYDAY and every call I back up with e-mails so I have documentation of my horrible experience.
    I get the name of every person I speak to and put them on my e-mail list along with the ever-changing Single Point of Contact persons and the customer service reps who do nothing. I send out an e-mail daily to dozens of their employees. I forward every bad article I find as well.
    I started this a week ago after getting the run around for 8 months. Today when I called I was told that my application is "in review" and they are just waiting for my credit report. So we'll see what happens!

Sarah

• Aa
      Feb 19, 2014

Started my HARP process in Dec, 2011. Two years and counting.
    Now, Nationstar is wanting more points for the same interest rate promised, more origination fees and on top of it, you can't choose your own title company (for title insurance/settlement) which is easily $600 lower than their option, Solutionstar, a subsidiary of Nationstar.
    I'm get legal counselling and will report what I find out.
    For people waiting for subordination, contact the bank with the 2nd loan, and bring them on the same email chain. It took me a year to figure this out. In my case, Bank of America has my 2nd loan and they basically were waiting for Nationstar to respond during the subordination process. Good luck to you all!

• Un
      Mar 06, 2014

consumerfinance.gov to file a complaint