Nationstar Mortgage / negligence, fraud, breach of contract and unlawful debt collection

Ke Dec 20, 2013 Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-480-2432

BOA sold my mortgage loan to Nationstar and in August 2013 I received a letter stating that they are increasing my monthly payment by $200+ to help pay off my loan within the next 30 years. I called the company and explained to them that legally they cannot do that and that I'm not staying in this house another 30 years due to me being in a lawsuit with the builder (my house has severe structural damage). I was told that if I didn't make the full payment then they would not accept the regular payment of $1050. Nationstar set up an automatic payment from my account and set the date to 16 Dec. On 18 December we found out that we are incurring late fees because it is past the 15 day grace period. My husband asked the representative why they set it up to take money out on the 16th if they knew the grace period was 15 days why would they set up the payment for 16 Dec; she stated she didn't know and if we want to change it then we need to log in online and change it.

Comments

• Un
      Mar 06, 2014

Hope you are filing a complaint with consumerfinance.gov.
    Nationstar is worse than Bank of American and I didn't think that was possible.