National Home Protection / Internet Fraud - Home Warranty Program

42 West 38th StreetNew York City, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-608-6045

Strongly suggest that ALL file a complaint with the the New York State Attorney's Office of Consumer Affairs.

CONSUMER HELPLINE: [protected]

The Bureau of Consumer Frauds and Protection prosecutes businesses and individuals engaged in fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or illegal trade practices. In addition to litigating, the Bureau mediates thousands of complaints each year from individual consumers. A large percentage of these complaints are resolved satisfactorily through the mediation process. As part of its mission, the Bureau provides information to consumers and seeks to ensure a fair and vigorous market place. The Bureau also drafts legislation and conducts studies and writes reports on emerging consumer problems and issues.

Also:

www.nyconsumer.gov

Also:

ABC News Ch 7 NYC - Seven Is On Your Side

Tappy Phillips

Tappy joined the Eyewitness News team in 1985 and since 1996 has reported for Eyewitness News "7 on Your Side" consumer reports...

Comments

Lu
  22nd of Jul, 2008
How do we get more people to complain about this company? I too had issues with their unwillingless to provide me with repair costs to one of my appliances and I was denied the Home Depot gift card.
Le
  30th of Jul, 2008
Natl Home Protection is not an actual company - they are a "storefront" scam [think Tony Soprano picking up your garbage]. They go through just enough motions to look like a real company, but their true business is collecting premiums via credit card (although I hear they prefer going straight for the checking account because there are no protections there as there are with credit cards) and then denying all claims as "pre-existing" or "improper maintenance." The NY state AG shows little interest in pursuing. I was told that they already had complaints and that I may add mine to the pile. No one has ever received a HD card. That is merely a VERY successful gimmick to entice ppl to buy a bogus policy. They do not have a single service provider under contract. They just go to the yellow pages based on your zip code and call around until they can find someone willing to go out to the original service call. After that, all is denied. This is actually a matter for the feds rather than the state of NY because they are operating internet fraud across state lines.
Ib
  30th of Jan, 2009
I beat national home protection ...

I took NHP to court in n.y.c and won... I got all my money back plus intrest, i will tell u how, very simple

I went to civil court in new york city (111 Centre Street (75 Lafayette Street) (Between White and Franklin Streets). Thier company is based out of n.y.c. the complaints has to be in the location where the bussiness is located
I filled a small claims complaint ( cost me $20.oo). I had a court date but they never showed up, so i won the judgement, becasue they didnt show. So I then contacted a city marshall (which is very easy) and he seized/frooze my money from thier credit card account ( i think their amercian express) and then he sent me a check with my full refund . took about 2 months . they r such a scam fruad company i got them back karma is a b$%&H

www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/civil/index.shtml
Gr
  13th of Jul, 2009
Yes, I am victim also. Tried to cancel 7/08 couple weeks after requesting it on internet. Salesman called nine times to get me to keep it...offering more and more discounts. I said I'd consider it next time. He /they zapped my visa for $584 and issued me a 3yr contract! I did not want /authorize either.
Many calls and fussing to peons, never reaching a manager.
Filed claim for repair 5/09...faked me with two contractor names for 3 days; took 8 days before they sent me a "authorization" to procure my own contractor.
I filed required papers...they never answered the phone or fax again.
gr8237 Mac