National Home Protection / Terrible service - denied claims!
We purchased a home warranty from National Home Protection in 2006. We couldn't at the time find anything bad about them online, we have since learned that the company was under another name at the time.
Our dishwasher broke and we called for a preauthorization which we received. There was no local contractor so we were told to hire our own (this after a number of 20 minute waits on the phone). The dishwasher couldn't be fixed. They needed to come back with a different part and the cost was going to be higher. We incurred the initial service call fee.
The repairman said he was waiting on a part and that it would cost over $180. We called NHP for preauthorization and were told because it was the same issue as the first one (approved initially for $65) we didn't need preauthorization. I questioned my wife about that, and she called back and verified it. They said to send the invoice from the repairman with the claim form and gave us a fax number.
We had it repaired and when we called to make sure they received the invoice we faxed they said it was declined because we never received preapproval. They wouldn't budge and we went from person to person. There are numerous other postings about NHP, it seems this is a common occurance with them. Must be there way to make money. All I can say is stay away from them. We are out $284 and NHP won't return calls!
More National Home Protection Complaints & Reviews
- National Home Protection - Intimidating behavior and non-service! 
- National Home Protection - Class Action Lawsuit Filed 
- National Home Protection - Awful everything 
- National Home Protection - Fraud, No Service, Scam Artists, Misrepresentation 
- National Home Protection - Internet Fraud - Home Warranty Program 
- National Home Protection - Bad service/ unable to contact
- National Home Protection - Scam 
- National Home Protection - Hello Anyone Home 
- National Home Protection - unable to reach company
- National Home Protection - Fraud and scam