National Home Protection / Awful everything

1. Never sent $50 gift card that was promised when I signed up for service

2. Denied my AC claim for preexisting condition b/c I had filed a warranty claim with the prior warranty company over a year before when:
a. they never inspected my ac before they accepted the policy which they could have easily done, they knew how old my home was, and accepted the premium thus waiving the right to argue preexisting condition. I started the policy in May and 1st time they came out was in August. You can't go without AC from May to August in TX. Clearly the unit was working.
b. the machine was in "good working order on the effective date of the contract"
c. their own policy charges a new fee after 30 days even if the problem is the same, saying beyond 30 days is a new occurrence, so over a year in certainly a new occurrence
d. the prior home warranty company says they fixed the problem--there was no leak, just normal freon loss
e. NHP's service provider came out in August and did not see the leak that the second provider found the following May very easily (fluid was everywhere when he stuck his hand in the unit). If there was no leak in August, there could not have been a leak a year and a half before that.
f. the TX Real Estate Commission says they owe for the repair because the failure happened during their policy period

3. Operating in TX without a license with the TX Real Estate Commission

4. Poor customer service:
a. 20 minute hold times
b. managers do not return phone calls
c. they have never made one single outbound phone call to me
d. no written correspondence, including no written denial letters
e. no reply to the many complaints I have filed either direct or through other means (TX RE Commission, TX attny general, BBB)

I have now had to pay $125 to go to binding arbitration with this company in addition to the two $60 service fees and the $450 premium plus the $1600 AC coils. I would highly recommend that no one purchase this product.

Ji

Comments

• La
      24th of Mar, 2009

Well some of your attitiued towards natwest arn't very posotive are they now? -.-

• Ro
      11th of May, 2009

I had an identical experience, but I was able to contact my credit card company and they refunded me all of my money for the premium.

Robb Hammond