National Action Financial Services / I hope they go to jail

I received a letter from National Action Financial Services. They were trying to attempt to collect a debt that was not valid. In California if a debt is older than 4 years old, the debt is no longer valid and any attempt to collect the debt is considered fraud.

I wrote them disputing the debt. Also, I wrote the California Attorney General about them. Asking them why they are allowing this fraudulent company from continuing to attempt to collect old debts.

They also checked my credit with my written authorization. They are only allowed to check my credit with my authorization or with a valid reason to do so. Since this fraudulent company knows that the debt is not valid, and since they did not obtain my written authorization, they can go to jail up to 5 years in prison for illegally checking my credit.

I am suing them in small claims court.

I hope they go to jail for illegally checking my credit.

Va

Comments

• La
      23rd of May, 2008

The company called me today asking for a measly $133.56.

I told them I would pay it off one month from the day.

THEY REFUSED
    and started yelling like trained monkys like dept collectors do.

I hung up and called them back and said I will pay half now hand half later.

THE REFUSED
    after a series of transfers and then getting this woman on the phone who sounded like she was just poised to yell at people.

She offered me a $100.00 settlement and I told her I can only do 66.78 now and 66.78 a month later.

After she started yelling I hung up the phone .

These people are totally irrational and refuse to listen to common sense.

**notice**, I pay my bills on time, but this was a situation of me not knowing that I had an overdrawn closed account.

When I reopened my account I was told that they would use that money to pay off the debt. ( they told me it was not in collections)

SO NOW, I have a situation of being able to pay but having IDIOTS not taking the money.

I told them I only had a bank card.

THE REFUSED
    to take it.

Why dont people take a stand and make laws to

SAY NO TO
    - unlimited overdraft fees
    - unlimited debt collection fees
    PAY WHAT YOU OWE, not THEIR cost of doing business.
    - Employers REFUSING to cash YOUR check at THEIR OWN BANK

IF we work together we can make a difference...

• La
      23rd of Oct, 2008

They are harassing us just for their money. Here is a discussion on this company`s habit of harassing other persons http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/collection-agencies/about15795.html

From this you can determine how bad a company can be

10th of Nov, 2008

you are an idiot. before you post anymore please do research.

"They were trying to attempt to collect a debt that was not valid. In California if a debt is older than 4 years old, the debt is no longer valid and any attempt to collect the debt is considered fraud."

umm thats not true. that stats are for legal pursuit. They cant take you to court but they can collect. It will always be a "valid debt" until you pay it you deadbeat. pay your bills obama wont save you

• Ni
      28th of May, 2009

listen... if people would live within their means none of this would happen... there are too many spoiled brats out there that get mommy and daddy even grandma ( pathetic right) to cosign for them on vehicles, creditcards, even mortgages without any stable financial future...then they lose their job, go to jail .. or as most debtors form a substance or gambling addiction...leaving a mess for everyone.. hope you enjoy knowing that your kids will continue the cycle on top of dealing with your massive damages... and please if its taken you years to even attempt paying back a collection account dont expect us to hold the drool cup and pat your a__ ok... please ... swallow the truth grin and bear it...

28th of May, 2009

although i do not think National Action Financial Services deserves one red cent for a junk debt that they bought for pennies on the dollar, I do like how these deadbeats who thought they could just walk away from a bill and get away scot-free, years later get harrassed mercilessly by their collectors. That part is great.

7th of Aug, 2009

There's really nothing more to say. If you owe it then yes you should pay it. On the other hand, Hell no you don't have to deal with these shady collection agencies and be subjected to abuse. But if you do decide to pay the collection agency any money be careful. You are opening yourself up to be defrauded and taken for a ride. Your best bet is to go back to whoever the original creditor was and make arrangements to pay the money directly to them. Make it a goal to try to stay on top of your current bills. If you get behind always communicate with your creditors and let them know what is going on.

Source of advice: I have done been there and done that, survived bad credit, and am doing fine..