MVQ Shopping Essentials Plus / Fraudlet charges from Shopping Essentials

I have been charged by MVQ Shopping Essentials monthly without noticing it. Apparently the charges went back from Jan 2007. I noticed it this month due to Blizzard's Fraudlent charges into my account. I stopped the subscription immediately. The bank advised me to get a refund, I did but Shopping Essentials only gave me back the current month - their policy. I have never purchased anything from their website. They said I went into a website called "useful" and that got me linked to shopping essentials. Becareful everyone with your keystrokes on the website. Shopping essentials ripped me off $35 ($32 in 2008) every month since Jan 2007. If you see these charges on your card and you didnt subscibe, call the number immediately before the bill runs each month:
MVQ*SHOPESSPLUS [protected] CT
AP9*SHOPPINGESSENTIAL+ [protected] CT ...

Comments

29th of Jul, 2009

omg this is happening to me too! what do i do? what number do i call?

• Wi
      29th of Jul, 2009

I had the same problem. I field a complaint with my bank and told them all the charges were fraudulent and I never clicked on anything to order service from them nor have I ever received any communication from them. I am going to filed a complaint with the better business bureau and the attorney general's office to make sure there is a record of their behavior. If enough people to this maybe they will take action against the company.

• El
      29th of Jul, 2009

I just noticed the charge on my bill. I tried to cancel it and they asked me for my credit card number. They must already have it if they charged me on it. I don't know how they got it to begin with. I sent them an email to cancel it and to refund my money. We will see.

4th of Aug, 2009

Unbelievable! This happened to me as well today. How do company's get away with these types of scams!

• Sm
      6th of Aug, 2009

There is a class action suit against the Parent company, Vertrue at the below link. Please join the law suite, these people need to be put out of business.

• Do
      21st of Aug, 2009

I totally agree..I NEVER ordered anything from them and am ticked off royally that they have taken money out of my account (illegally, I might add) and in turn made me overdrawn right before my payday and incurred a $35.00 service charge that they need to pay and refund all my money!! I tried the link for the class action suit and they couldn't find it on the internet. Please someone get in touch with me so that I can join in. I am sick and tired of people ripping off unsuspecting consumers. Just because some of the added on websites are put in some search sites does not give them the right to charge for an accidental viewing of their logo.

PLEASE get in touch with me or let me know how to get in touch with the class action suit.

2nd of Sep, 2009

i have a better number and hopefully got my problem corrected.1888-999-0564

2nd of Sep, 2009

they said it was a box that popped up on restaurants.com that offered a $25 gift certificate to complete a survey. If you entered your email twice it would automatically transfer all your info - including CC number to shop essentials. The first month with them is free thats why you dont notice it until later. This is an aweful business practice and for reststaurants to allow it is just as bad!

• Lp
      16th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me through restaurant.com. We need to also go after restaurant.com as they must know what is going on. I am trying to get this resolved, but my online complaint with the BBB won't go through because I don't have an address other than a web address. If anyone knows of it, please post it. I am also wanting to file with CT Atty General and IL Atty General because restaurant.com is based in IL.
    lpmaster

23rd of Sep, 2009

I never went to restaurant.com though! And the same thing is happening to me! How do you stop it? How do I add my name to the list for complaints against them?

• Sc
      29th of Sep, 2009

I just contacted Citi cards and lodged a formal complaint. The best thing to do is have them re-issue you a new card so the company cannot charge you anymore. The credit card company was actually quite helpful with it, they removed my overdraft fee from going over the credit limit due to the transaction, as well as re-crediting me for the total amount this MVQ charged me. What a crock of ****. At least citi was helpful.

• Fl
      12th of Oct, 2009

I just contacted Chase regarding this company. Shame on me this has been since Jan 2009. I am being issued a new Chase card and a fraud packet in the mail. Not sure yet about getting reimbursed yet, guess it depends. I am a member of Restaurant.com and I know I didn't agree to this though. Will update when I have more information.

• Ia
      20th of Oct, 2009

Just called and canceled my account apparently if you have bought something from a company called Young Explorers (a toy company) you get presented with this "opportunity" and if you are not careful you end up joining... They took me for about a 1 year ride at 11.95 a month. I am calling my credit card company now...

22nd of Oct, 2009

The same thing happened to me through restaurant.com!!! Beware of these companies.
    I just called Shopping Essentials and they cancelled my membership, but I am only going to get back the past months charge. They have on record that I have been a member since December of 2008! So I got saved money buying a few restaurant coupons and then lost a bunch of money from this membership crap. ugh!
    What a scam!!!

• Ko
      26th of Oct, 2009

I just discovered today that this company has been charging me $19.95 a month since this past July. I only discovered this because my credit card company raised my interest rate to 548693526974% so I paid off the balance and cut up the card. I received another statement and discovered "mvq shoppesplus". I did some research and this site popped up. Needless to say I quickly cancelled this service. I am only receiving the most recent payment back however. I'm disputing the rest of the charges with my credit card company.

I still don't even understand what this company does. I can't even imagine I would purchase their product even if I did have the money. Now I understand why they have to fraudulently charge- nobody would ever purchase this service.

• Jr
      6th of Nov, 2009

I recently found these charges on my account - 3 Charges for $14.95 . I reported these charges to Bank of America Fraud Center and they closed the account for me and the company refunded all 3 charges to my account.

• Ke
      9th of Nov, 2009

I work for Restaurant.com It is not a scam through our website, as an online customer whenever I make a purchase I make it a habit to read everything on the web page, when making a purchase with RDC there is sometimes a survey with a $10.00 cash back Rebate at the bottom of the page there is No thanks Link below to click on, its a shame people just do not read anymore if they did they would have this Problem.

• Ke
      14th of Nov, 2009

Kelticpride, I read the page - and never received any rebate information in the mail. Apparently the onus is on me to wait for the rebate and pay a few months? The charges are scandalous. No two ways around that one.

• Wi
      28th of Nov, 2009

I GOT MY FREE CREDIT REPORT AND HAS COST ME 61.00 SO FAR

• Lo
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I am glad I monitor my accounts. I bought a $2 certificate on Restaraunt.com. I did not agree to any additional charges or memberships. When this $19.95 unidentifiable charge came up on my debit card from MVG Shopping Essentials, I traced down other complaints to restaraunt.com. Glad I caught it right away. When I called the number on the charge, they have told me they will cancel my 'MVG membership' and credit my account within 3 to 5 business days. If they don't, my next communication will be with the Illinois Attorney General and the FTC. Fraud and deception. Check your accounts regularly!