Mowers Direct / Return policy

1 United States

I ordered an electric mower one evening online from Mowers Direct. I realized I ordered the wrong kind (I needed self-propelled instead of push) and called them back up as soon as they opened the next morning. I was told the order would be cancelled. However, 3 hours later I get an email saying the order cannot be cancelled as it had shipped. Two hours AFTER this email I get another email saying the order shipped. So the order HAD NOT SHIPPED when I had called five hours earlier to cancel. Several days later, when I went to find the email, (sent through their website) I noticed that the notice that the order had shipped five hours after I called had been deleted. Not only did I have to pay $95 return shipping, insurance and for a signature for receipt, I had to pay their $23 shipping fee and a restocking fee of $80+! I didn't even open the package! So I was out about $200! I sent letters and emails but there was no response from Mowers Direct. In fact, a month after I shipped it back I got an email saying they did not receive it. Luckily I had a tracking number and the signature of receipt. This was a very bad experience. This company is not customer friendly and may be unethical (re: shipping notification five hours after I cancelled was deleted so I could not prove my case.). I will never order a large item online again, nor will I ever order from this company again. Be careful when ordering from this company, because if you need to return an item it will cost you a lot!

Sz