Movie Theater / Discrimination at the movies

1 Yorkdale Shopping Centre, 3401 Dufferin Street, Toronto, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (416) 787-4432

I visited Silver City located in York dale mall on March 20th at 4:30pm to watch a movie with my husband, like we always do every Tuesday. I have a very specific died, I am allergic to gluten and other foods and am unable to purchase the food sold at the movie theater. I was trying to bring outside food into the theater and I was told that I would not be able to enter. I spoke to the manager and told him my situation and I stressed that I am unable to eat the food that they sell and he preceded to tell me that its unfair, yes he knows, but I can't enter with the food and that's all. I was discriminated against because I am different then the other movie goers. I was made to feel less worthy of participating in the activities that the rest of the patrons of Silver city get to enjoy. Due to the difficulties I have digesting the food at Silver City movie theaters I had to choose between eating or watching a movie, a choice that the other people who go watch movies are not forced to make. I am made to sit in a movie theater full of smells from all the food that is being eaten around me and I can not participate because of an unfair rule, a rule that even a manager of this multi national company agreed to as being unfair. To top it all off this all occurred in line with people looking at me, I was so embarrassed. I did not need and audience there to judge me, that made feel so uncomfortable.

Do

More Movie Theater Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Id
      26th of Mar, 2012

How was the Movie?

• Ex
      17th of Apr, 2014

A rule is a rule, lady. A stupid rule? Yes, absolutely. It's just their way to make even more money. However, this sounds like a whiny, first-world problem to me. It's not the end of the world. Eat before the movie or sneak the food in your purse. They don't care enough to check unless it's a special screening.