Movie Gallery / Late fee scams

1 2114 Old Spartanburg Road, Greer, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-268-0877

Does Movie Gallery need to scam customers to make a buck. Seems so. I signed up for an account Saturday Sept 26 and rented 4 movies which I brought back on Sept 29. The rental time is for 5 days. The store(2114 Old Spartanburg Rd Greer SC) says that they were checked in Oct 3rd and I now have a 16 dollar late fee.
That is the first and last time I ever set foot in another Movie Gallery.
Kind of sounds like the credit card companies letting a check set on a desk until the due date is up and collecting late fees.
James Pridgen

Comments

• Cl
      Oct 13, 2009

Did you return them late? Because thats usually why you have a late fee. And if you didn't, did you talk to the staff about it? Its rare that 4 movies would all be late if you returned them on time.

• Uw
      Nov 18, 2009

If they were checked in the following day I would possibly believe your complaint.

If they were found on the shelf I would probably believe your complaint.

But we, as MG employees, check movies in regularly...so to be checked in that many days after the due date, I don't believe it is the stores fault. Did you send somebody else in to return them?

• Js
      Mar 09, 2010

Oh, don't forget they'll charge you exponentially more than the actual worth of the rental if too late. For example, if a 'friend' steals a video game and you eventually get it and bring it back, they'll charge you $75.00. I'm so glad Red Box is forcing their rules to be eventually changed. Account canceled!

• Ly
      Jan 13, 2011

jstbob as an associate of MG if you rent a movie or game and someone steals it you are still liable for it. If you had gone in and talked to a manager rather than just returning it they probable would have helped you. I know at my store if people had similar accounts or emergencies and we were notified before the return date. We usually took it off by telling them to hand deliver it and talk to an employee. Once it was checked in you locked it in to the responsibilities.

• Sh
      Jan 14, 2011

The same thing happen to me in Mississippi. Im so madd, my credit score dropped bad. How do i get this takem care of. Ive seen that Brian on here said something about Experian? Is there a website? Or do i call them. I need to get this taken care of fast.