Motorguide / Poor Motorguide replacement policy

1 835 West 41st StreetTulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

In April 2008 I purchased a new Tracker bass boat. It came with a Motorguide trolling motor. I had the boat on water three times. The first was for break in time on the Mercury gasoline motor. On the third time I began having trouble with the trolling motor. The trolling motor has 5 speeds; I started lossing speeds until I finally only had the highest speed. To make it more of a problem if you ran the trolling motor very long (30-40 sec) on high it would cause the resetable breaker to open. I was on vacation at the time. When I returned home I took the boat back to the dealer. They advised it was up to Motorguide whether the trolling motor is repaired or replaced. I had replaced the 5 speed foot control switch while I was on vacation and it didn't change anything. For that reason it appeared to be in the motor. Being it was a new boat and only used on 3 occasions I felt the trolling motor should be replaced. After talking to Motorguide support I was told they have a 30 day replacement policy and the motor would NOT be replaced. I also found out that Motorguide doesn't repair their trolling motors they send them to dealers that do. I did speak to Tracker boats and the boat dealer in Ponca City, Oklahoma. Neither could or would offer any help. So I don't beleive I will every have another Motorguide product.

Va

More Motorguide Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2008

Both the dealer and Motorguide should be turned into the better business bureau. They both suck.

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2008

I have a Motorguide wireless series that started showing out soon after purchase. I went through all the trouble of finding someone authorized to fix it. Found out Mecury/Marine still hadn't registered it after driving 100 miles to the authorized repair shop. After trouble-shooting, Foot pedal was bad and replaced. Now I'm trying to locate an additional mounting plate. Nobody will help. Not even Motorguide; except for giving me a part #. What a crock. Wish I knew who to slap around.

• Ph
      14th of Sep, 2008

I have also had problems with Mercury Marine responding in a positive way about a difficulty with the fuel pump on my 60 HP Big Foot engine. Mercury has recalled the first engine that I purchased and took the wh0ole first summer to replace the engine leaving me without the use of my boat the first season. The replacement engine has gone through 5--FIVE fuel pumps since the boat went into service. Now they want me to buy a new motor for an additional $3, 160 dollars and the original cost $5, 800 so I will have $5, 960 in and engine and they think I should just dole out good money after bad. Good Luck