Montreal Children's Hospital / Worst hospital for kids

Here's my terrible experience with MUHC, the worst hospital for kids!!!

Week 1:

It happened in mid Feb, 2009. We sent our 2-year-old son to ER of this hospital for extremely bad whizzing coughs; nurses gave him masks and sent us back with a prescription for 4 days for Asthma. Is it Asthma or Pneumonia? The doctors there never gave him an x-ray or any test;

Week 2:

Sunday - We sent him to ER again because he suddenly got a high fever and vomited several times, lips turning blue. After TEN hours waiting, Doctor Konstantin checked his throat and said it was red but OK. He suggested using Tylenol; he met with us for five minutes, gave him a dose Tylenol and did no test at all;

Monday - Several hours after we came back (already midnight), my son screamed in the dark and had hallucination due to persistent, 40-degree plus fever. We called ambulance and rushed him to ER again, a triage nurse warned us that it would be a 10-hour-wait and said all his symptoms were because of fever. We had to leave.

Tuesday - My son was trembling in the morning and his lips were blue, temperature still above 40 degrees, we went to ER again of the same hospital (How STUPID!). After 6 hours waiting, a doctor checked his ears and lungs; it took him 3 minutes to decide it was OK and gave him no test or prescription again;

Wednesday – My son already had high fever for 5 days! We were crazy and knew that sending him to Montreal Children's Hospital would be the worst choice. We went to the local CLSC, the doctor immediately sent him for X-ray. It turned out he had had Pneumonia for quite some time! Probably since he had Asthma (according to Montreal Children's Hospital) two weeks ago. The CLSC doctor prescribed some antibiotics and my son had to take it for ten days.

These days were the hardest time in life for me and my wife; we were so terrified by my son’s symptoms of Pneumonia. But now I realize the more frightening part is that these cracks at Montreal Children's Hospital had not the least medical skills or ethics (or both) to save our kids! They get 6-figure salaries ruining our children’s lives!

Na

More Montreal Children's Hospital Complaints & Reviews

Comments

1st of May, 2009

Here's my terrible experience with MUHC, the worst hospital for kids!!!

Week 1:

Week 2:

• Su
      8th of May, 2009

Sorry for what happened to your child at MUHC. But most doctors now are not ethical and they see it just as a trade to make a living (of coure a much better one than most of us), so don't regard them as saints with a lofty mission, that way you'll remind you when you need to tell them what they should do but nothing was done. I don't know in Montreal, but here in Toronto, things are NOT much better.
    I don't know what will happen if it was Stephen Harper's kid, they'll wait for 12 hrs and be ignored for times?

6th of Feb, 2011

wow! that was a hellzone! dont go there again! i know i wont!