Monster.com / fake job ads

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

Dear Monster,

I am a job seek and a registered candidate at Monster.com.hk, I am looking for job of a secretary position, I am now using a fake name to send this complaint.

I would like to make a formal complaint about the ads in www.monster.com.hk for those insurance companies and those financial planning companies.

Firstly, their job ads almost are filling in all categories of "banking and finance", "sales and marketing", "secretaries and administration", which I have to waste a lot of time to distinguish them after I hit the job search for a secretary vacancy.

Secondly, they sometimes posted fake ads and cheated me to go to their job interview, e.g. they said they are hiring secretary or administration assistant but in fact they were hiring insurance agents or financial planners.

I have actually attended two job interviews because of their ads and their interview calls. I would like to give you two sample links here for your reference.

1. http://jobs.monster.com.hk/details/4924733.html?sig=js-5-8a859ec8b65ff2e7f98c4fca0c9eeac5-1

2. http://jobs.monster.com.hk/details/5389895.html?sig=js-5-4bce79966908ac2f21fcd2bf140b1802-1

3. http://jobsearch.monster.com.hk/searchresult.html
(please type in "secretary" or "assistant" and see what you can get..., those ads are almost all from insurance companies, I don't mind if they are really hiring secretaries, but they are hiring insurance in reality)

Thank you for attention.

Am

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Mar, 2010

Monster.com

This is one of the worse job sites I have used. The do not respond back and send you job listing in the wrong service, town or local areas. Website hard to navigate or post information on. Do not use.

• Mg
      27th of May, 2013

I think monster is being ran by the country India. I sent two resumes to two totally different companies and I was contacted by a Indian woman with a extremely thick accent. The 2nd job response was from the same woman leaving the exact same number as the first. Don't use this website it's a complete scam.