Comments

18th of Mar, 2007

I need help too, I am getting charged as well with $9.95 on my credit card for a service. The description reads MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES(Services and Merchandise). What can I do?

• Ro
      19th of Mar, 2007

MNI Credit Report charged to my credit with out my authorization.

• Lu
      20th of Mar, 2007

I am getting charged as well with $9.95 on my credit card for a service i dont want, and i dont have receive any srevice or credit report from this company (MNI*CreditRPT).

• Su
      21st of Mar, 2007

I ordered MNI*CREDITRPT credit report, now they keep on charging me.

• Ti
      24th of Mar, 2007
    MNICreditRPT - Privacy Matters - Mislead and scammed!

Wanted a credit report so i went online for the free one that you are supposed to get once a year. Next thing i know i am getting withdrawals from my account all the same company but 3 different withdrawals. One for 29.95 one for 9.95 and one for 1.00 all done while trying to get my free credit report. Watch out for these ### they are as bad as the real thiefs. Except they disguise themselves as trying to help. They lead you down a path that by the time your done you dont know what happened and you are getting monthly withdrawal out of your account. And then try and cancel it that is just as hard as trying to get a free credit report.

• Su
      26th of Mar, 2007

Same thing is happening to me after cancelling this account. Can't seem to get their address and full info to report them to the BBB.

• Ca
      27th of Mar, 2007

I am also being charged through my credit card 9.95 a month for MNI*CREDITRPT- I have contacted my credit card company that I have not authorized this and do not even know who or where the company is located. They gave me a phone number in CA which is 866-408-4016- maybe some of you can call this and see if you get an answer. They also ask- before they put you on eternal hold- for your account number and social security number- which if you did not order the service of course you do not have.

So heres the phone number- anyone have the address? My cc company says they cannot stop the charges- I have to call the company and stop them- so now what?

• St
      30th of Mar, 2007

I also have been getting charged the 9.95 per month by this company and I have not authorized them to do so. I have been trying to get in contact with them by phone but they conveniently are always busy and I can't get through. Does anyone have any advice on what to do or who to contact?

• Th
      31st of Mar, 2007

I was charged $9.95 as well. the same service (MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES(Services and Merchandise). I will be disputing this charge with my credit card company.

1st of Apr, 2007

I was given MNI*CreditRPT number by the local TV station for a free credit report. I was not told it was a free trial membership or nor did I give them a credit card number. So how are they now charging me monthly? How do I get this stopped?

• Me
      3rd of Apr, 2007

support@creditreport.com

Try e-mailing this address. I just did asking them who they are and how they can charge me when I have no receipt of ordering anything from them.

I have gmail and it saves everything, so I can stay organized.

I also said they better reverse the charges or I was going to see legal action.

• Se
      4th of Apr, 2007

I just cancelled MNI*CreditRPT by contacting this number: (800) 720-4420

Also, you may or may not need the Order ID number, which comes to whatever email address you used on creditreport.com when you filed for your "free" report (ugh!). I wasn't on hold for too long, and just gave the guy my Social. It took about two minutes to cancel, but there's no retroactive refund or anything so I guess we're out of luck on those charges.

It might be my own fault for not reading the fine print on their site somewhere, but I'm still kinda pissed that I got charged for some lame service that I didn't know existed.

• Ze
      4th of Apr, 2007

That company did the same thing to my credit card, said the report is free. How about a class action law suit against the company. I called them up to cancel up but they don't want to cancel.

5th of Apr, 2007

I just used the number above and was able to cancel the account fairly easily. I was also given an reference number to the transaction when I asked as well as the name of the customer service representative.

• Sc
      7th of Apr, 2007

Is there an official website for this company? I can't seem to find it.

• Wi
      9th of Apr, 2007

I tried to get free credit report at www.freecreditreport.com and MNICreditRPT are now charging me $20.00 that makes me very mad. I'm going to report them to every credit agency and FBI credit card devision.

• Mo
      12th of Apr, 2007

I was helping out a friend so that she can get some information from her credit report. She needed a credit card number. The only reason I agreed to use my card was that it stated clearly in small print that my credit card will not be charged. I have since been charged from two credit company for $12.95 and $9.95 MNI credit report. We went to one credit site and I was charged from two credit agencies. Who knows where else your your credit card information went too.

Sincerely,
    Scammed

• Ka
      14th of Apr, 2007

I got a free report from the company months ago and recently noticed these $9.95 charges to my account. I had called the company right after getting my credit report to cancel and they did. They were kind and understanding and I was foolish. After waiting to make sure nothing else was charged I trashed my cancellation number thinking all was well. The next month I received my first charge from them. They continue to say my account is canceled with them, they don't know where the charges are coming from, and they wont refund me. My credit card company also says they can't stop them from charging me, they must do it. So I'm at total loss for what to do now.

• Na
      9th of May, 2007

I have called customer service and canceled twice yet, the continue to bill me. I also read between the fine lines and canceled within the first 30 days and they still continued to charge me. As of today, May 9, 2007, I received another charge. They are crazy!!

• Wi
      11th of May, 2007

I recently received my amex statement and noticed this charge for 9.95 from credit report services, as well as a charge for 12.00 from Triple Advantage Consumer Credit Report. I called Triple Advantage and told the CSR that i had cancelled at the end of the 30-day trial period. She went ahead and removed the charges from my AMEX account and "re-cancelled " my order, stating that it still showed as being active.

When i contacted Credit Report, they also said i had an active account with them. (why would i want to use 2 credit reporting agencies?) They agreed to cancel, but refused to to credit me for the 9.95. When i asked to speak to a supervisor, he refused also to credit me for the 9.95., suggesting that i should contact the police if i was a victim of identity theft. This company appears to feed off the other company, using the info you provide them and then use the same "fraud" defense.