merle pomeranian / Sold me a pup with alopecia

PA, United States Review updated:
I bought a 3 month old merle pom from Tina.She claims on her site that her poms are worth the huge amount she charges because they are small and have huge coats. I paid thousands for this pom allstars lookin alot like pride Jr. I asked before purchase if there were any genetic issues, especially alopecia x. She told me no. When I received the pup he was stunning, but a few months later I noticed his coat was cottony and matted easily; one of the early signs of alopecia x. I emailed her my concern and got no reply. Then at a year old he started to lose coat. He now has classic alopecia x balding, only hair on head and legs. She refuses to give me even a partial refund. BEWARE of this breeder! others I have now found out have had unsatisfactory dealings with her.
Ka
Jun 30, 2013

Comments

Ka
  28th of Aug, 2017
I have 2 Pomeranians from Tina Nicely. They both have horrendous alopecia X and she denied knowing anything about the disease. Took them both to a dogie dermatologist who said it was so common that even the show dogs on TV are under the age of three when the disease begins to manifest. Our began to lose their hair around the age of 6. It is not just hair loss though. The collapsed hair follicle traps bacteria so you have a dog covered with brown patches of stubborn bacteria and since there is little oil left from the glands they have extremely dry skin AND they can get sunburned.
I did pick these dogs up in person and met Tina. She has a nice home and is a mom to 7. However she knows she is hiding this fact as most of her breeding stock has a "lion" cut which means they are shaved from chest down. She will tell you its for breeding or she thinks its cute.
I know the dog the first person is referring to and I feel so lucky that I didn't push to get a third.

Ht
  15th of Feb, 2018
@Kara Willett Kolenik Hi I saw your post upon searching for answers. I have a two your old merle pom from Tina that has just been confirmed to have alopecia X. He has had problems since we got him we are constantly at the Vet. What can we do about this? I am taking him to a orthopedic surgeon next week for a new issue with his back knees, that could be hereditary. I would like to talk with you if that is possible. How can we get in touch?
Ra
  16th of Apr, 2018
Could you guys post the name of your puppy’s dam and sire?