MD Barnmaster / horse barn

1 Ontario, CA Corning, CA, United States

I purchased a brand new barn after I lost my MD Barn in September of 2015 in a huge fire in which over 1800 homes were lost. MD Barns merged with the company Barnmaster a few years back. Obviously is was a poor decision, as the quality of MD Barns has plummeted. In August of 2016 I ordered the identical barn that I lost in the fire. MD Barnmaster advertises they will have your barn up within 8 weeks of getting the deposit and contracts signed. My barn was not installed until the middle of December of 2016. MD Barnmaster advertised a special during the time I ordered my barn. The advertised special included getting a $200 per stall rebate, or ordering close to $300 in goods per stall. (feeders, blanket bars, waterers etc..) None of this was offered to me, even though I ordered my barn exactly when they were offering this special. MD Barnmaster recommends and hires contractors that do NOT have a license. They recommended a concrete contractor to do my foundation to my barn. I told the concrete contractor it was going to freeze the night after the concrete was poured and he cold me not to worry about it. Unfortunately the hard frost left the concrete with major damage due to the freeze. The concrete contractor lied to me, and had his contractors license on his contract. His license had been expired for 2 years. He also did not carry any workmans compensation, and lied when he told me that the several workers working for him were only "friends" and were not employees. He got really nasty with me, calling me a bunch of four letter words. I let MD Barnmaster know what happened, yet they still are using him and recommending this guy. The proposal/contract with MD Barnmaster states that I am to provide a forklift to put the barn up, which I did. The contractor who put the barn up told me that the forklift I got would not work, and it needed to be one had grapplers on it. I had to spend an additional $1800 to get another forklift, and had to throw away the $450 I paid for the forklift on my property I ordered that was never used. Worst of all, the screws in my barn were made in CHINA, and they are RUSTING AND FALLING OFF MY BRAND NEW BARN. I sent letters to both their Ontario, CA office as well as their Corning office. I enclosed several broken/rusted screws for them to look at. MD Barnmaster knows their screws were defective, yet they told the independent contractors they hire to put up the barns to go ahead and use them!!! The stall door runners are also defective, and they told the contractor to put them up anyway. I asked MD Barnmaster 3 weeks ago for a reimbursement for the additional forklift I had to rent and I asked them to replace ALL of these defective screws. I also reminded them they owe me either a $200 refund per stall, or give me the products of the stalls. MD BARNMASTER HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY ALMOST ONE MONTH OLD INQUIRY WITH THEM. They offer a 3 year warranty with their barns, and they are not holding up to their warranty. I would sure be happy to hear some suggestions on where to go next. At this point it looks like I will take them to court.

Ho