Renonikko - Nicky Duboisundelivered service

13A Urselines
Gatineau, Quebec J9H 1R4
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

June 1, 2017: I contacted Nicky Dubois through a Kijiji ad to build my shed platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois visited my residence to determine the required material to complete the platform.

June 6, 2017: Nicky Dubois sent me an invoice that included the contructions of a platform and the purchase certain material.

June 6, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois a $40 deposit by email as a part of the agreement to purchase the required material.

June 7, 2017: I sent Nicky Dubois an additional $160 prepayment by email to purchase the material which was not part of the initial agreement.

June 7, 2017: Nicky Dubois requested an additional $30 prepayment by email to purchase other material but I rejected the request since I started to have doubts regarding his reliability.

Since June 8, 2017: Nicky Dubois promised several times to complete the work, but has never showed up.

Since June June 12, 2017: I have requested a full refund of $200 because the work was never completed.

June 13, 2017: Nicky Dubois has agreed to refund me but has yet to send me the funds.

• Updated by BYadollahi · Jul 08, 2017

File a complaint also with the police and office de la protection du consommateur.

Ive also sent a message to revenue Quebec and CRA since he's not charging tax on his invoices.

Finally, post a negative rating on his Facebook page.

• Updated by BYadollahi · Aug 06, 2017

What gives you the right to keep a client's money paid for materials (that you returned or used for another job) after abandoning the contract?

More Renonikko - Nicky Dubois Complaints & Reviews

• Ka
    Kari MacMillan Jul 08, 2017

The same thing just happened to me but we are out $1, 020. I am so upset as this was a dream of mine to have a gazebo I can sit & relax in since my cancer diagnosis.

BYadollahi Jul 10, 2017

@Kari MacMillan Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience.

Get well soon!

• Km
    KMac1711 Jul 10, 2017

@BYadollahi Did you ever get a reply from him? Thank you :)

BYadollahi Jul 11, 2017

@KMac1711 No, he has ignored all my communication since June 30, 2017.

Renonikko Jul 10, 2017

Contract was never honored and client was constantly changing size of structure, base and materials are there and no lawyers or court has been filed legaly, please remove all on google.

BYadollahi Jul 10, 2017

@Renonikko The people you steal money from shouldn't need a lawyer to get their money back for work never started.

I hope more people come forward about your scam so you can stop your fraudulent activities.

BYadollahi Jul 12, 2017

I disagree. He texted me all the receipts and confirmed that he returned them all.

Not again here Sep 04, 2018

@BYadollahi This is him with another account or his wife

• Km
    KMac1711 Jul 10, 2017

How was the contract never honoured when you were paid $670 as deposit & another $350 in wood that you said you could get from a friend that owns a backyard lumber company. That wood was to arrive last week, then you said today...shocking but guess what no wood & no refund. Pretty sad when you have to scam hard working people out of their money & to make matters worse a cancer patient. By the way the size of the gazebo was changed once & that was when we met the very first time to discuss the contract. I have filed fraud & theft charges against you & will be proceeding through the court system as well.

BYadollahi Jul 11, 2017

@KMac1711 He used the same arguments with me to delay the work and claim that the materials were coming.

I will gladly be a witness during your hearing to vouch that Nicky Dubois and his company are unethical to ensure that he receives the right consequences for his actions.

500dollarslighter Aug 22, 2018

@BYadollahi Please let me know if you are still interested in taking legal action?

Renonikko Jul 27, 2017

no complaints have been filed. work that was agreed was done, no one talks about how they waste contractors time spent ordering and shopping around for materials or how they spend two hours online placing orders at lowes or home depot which is time consuming. when you offer the greatest discounts available, it can take a full day of runninng around to different suppliers and going to their place with a worker well, no one moves for free and gas isn't free either.1 day of shopping and running for materials can cost around $80 to $150 dollars. plus when you give them your contractor discount, which no-one does. funny how so far only 3 people are complaining when i have 100's of other and more satisfied clients.
    i think until such slanderous claims are proven and settled, people shouldn't be able to post any such notes against anyone.

BYadollahi Aug 31, 2017

@Renonikko You have admitted to keeping the money I paid you for material you later returned. Isn't that proof that you are stealing money from innocent people.

Now that this forum is active and easily accessible from all internet search engines, I hope that other people you lie to will come forward with their story.

Ch08567 Jul 07, 2020

@Renonikko Nicky,
    You are a dishonest person. You ripped me off for a bathroom I needed in order to have my son at home after his traumatic brain injury. I was beside myself and you and your wife took advantage of me and completely ripped me off for $1500. I received nothing - 3 pieces of drywall and a cheap toilet that was not the one I even required. Because of you, my son was unable to live here as the requirement for him to do so was another bathroom. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have everything documented, including any texts from you and/or your wife, demands for money, etc. I will happily help anyone on this site to bring you to justice. No decent person would ever take advantage of those who are going through hell. You take the cake!

500dollarslighter Jul 07, 2020

@Ch08567 Has it happened recently?

IrinaB Aug 31, 2017

Please contact me with any information you have for Police Investigation of the Fraud ran my Renonikko and Nicky Dubois. He continues advertising his services and defrauding people. email [email protected]

renonikki Sep 03, 2017

Nicky Dubois and his business Renonikki also recently failed to perform promised renovation services. Nicky asked for cash on an ongoing basis for materials and employee costs; however failed to perform said services and provide for aforementioned materials. This individual and his business clearly have a history of fraudulent business activities as seen by these posts, which accordingly will be undergoing police investigations.

Joyce Larose Sep 19, 2017

I as well have been swindled by Nicky Dubois. I sent him money through e-mail for material costing $236.32 and $50.00 for deposit on labour for eavestrough needed on mobile home that my mother lives in. I am a single mother working hard for my money and also taking care of my 82 year old mother's needs. After getting $286.32 out of me he continued to lie and tried to manipulate the rest of the money out of me. This all started 08/01/17. They have since blocked me on facebook and to date have never completed the job. If anyone knows what else can help me recover my money please let me know. e-mail [email protected]

• Li
    Limerick Oct 18, 2017

Address is 13A Des Ursulines, Aylmer, Qc
    Small claims court is a good place; Kijiji also investigates crooks who place ads !

IrinaB Nov 16, 2017

Court Case against Nickolas Dubois (Nicky Dubois / Renonikko) is currently in progress in Gatineau. Case # 550-32-700530-170.
    Also The Canadian Anti Fraud Centre was contacted. See the Response.
    Anybody with similar information is welcome to contact us at [email protected]

IrinaB Nov 16, 2017

Update:
    Nickolas dubois (nicky dubois / renonikko) is currently operating under different name - carpentry woodworking.
    Email - carpenttry. [email protected]
    Phone - 8195763237
    Located in luskville, qc j0x2g0
    Current kijiji ad #s: 1313582096, 1305136988, 1305138981, 1313246984
    He continues claiming "35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship, old fashioned pride in craftsmanship..."
    The fraud continues.

Anna Shes Nov 22, 2017

We have opened the police investigation of the fraud committed by Nicholas Dubois (different spelling of the first name, but the same person), operating under the "Carpenttry.works" company name, which is not registered in Quebec.
    Case # 17-63728, phone: 819-246-0222, ext. 1652, police officer Kevin Lagrange, address : 590 boulevard Greber, Aylmer.
    Please contact the police to claim that you was the victims of this fraudulent contractor. To continue investigation, police required confirmation that there are multiple cases.
    Please contact me at: [email protected] with any information. Thank you!
    Anna S

IrinaB Dec 27, 2017

Update:
    Official fraud criminal investigation is in progress against nickolas dubois.

Anybody welcome to contact with relevant information:
    Bruno larocque, sergent-détective / bureau des enquêtes criminelles
    7, chemin edelweiss, la pêche (qc) j0x 3g0
    Courriel : [email protected]
    Téléphone : 819-459-2422 poste 3234

Due to the large size of the fraud (over $5000) nickolas dubois is potentially liable to a maximum sentence of 14 years imprisonment (section 380 (1) (a) criminal code).

Current kijiji ads:

35 yrs exp./ guaranteed workmanship
    We cover all your exrom shingles/tar and gravel/modterior cladding and more...
    F-bit/more
    Siding/brick and stone/stucco/more
    Old fashioned pride in craftsmanship/detailed invoicing
    View some pics of previous work.

35 plus yrs. exp/renovations/carpentry/more
    From foundation to roof, basement to attic, we cover all your project needs.
    Additions/modifications/renovations/repairs
    View some pics/guaranteed workmanship
    Detailed invoicing/e-mail quotes
    Discounts on materials and labor available
    Let us handle your renovation projects from start to finish!!!

35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship
    We clear all vents and valleys of snow and ice enablling your roofing system to perform properly during this harsh winter season. when vents and such are blocked it prevents everything from working properly. we clear all areas allowing everything to perform properly.
    We also handle emergency repairs and storm damage. call us 24/7
    Top rates/guaranteed workmanship.
    View some pics/email quotes available

1319432062
    35 yrs. exp/retired individual/former house builder
    Quality old fashioned pride in workmanship
    From foundation to roof I have you covered
    Shingles/mod-bit/tar and gravel

35 years exp./guaranteed workmanship
    Carpentry/roofing/siding/repairs
    We repair all your exterior systems from foundation to roof.
    Big or small we repair them all.
    Additions/renovations/repairs
    Call for free e-mail quot

Anna Shes Dec 30, 2017

Update:
    Further our application, Gatineau police has started another investigation on Nicholas fraud. You can contact officer Michele Labelle ( please see her info below) to add your case to the pattern she sees now.

Ville de Gatineau
    Gatineau (Québec) J8P 7H3
    Téléphone: 819 243-2345, ext6022
    Télécopieur : 819 243-2365
    [email protected]

So it seems that there are 2 investigation on the go:) I will let Michele and Bruno know about each other.

• In
    InvestigationsOttawa Jan 11, 2018

This supposedly contractor made a contract took a deposit of $700 for a job he never started and it's now at large his name is Nicholas Dubois 1968, 50 years old
    He wears a black toque and black jacket he is missing his 4 front teeth ( no I didn't knock them out) lives in Quebec Luskville apparently. But we tacked his address to 13 A rue des Ursulines.
    Driving a grey Ford van without a driving licence.
    Attempting to work in Ontario without work permit, tax number nor building permit from the city of Ottawa.
    Manic Renovations can we diseminate so people don't get robbed by him also? It is basically theft. Let's try to catch this [censor], share share share. He closed his FB account.
    Help the police catch him.

NickyFraudDubois Mar 09, 2018

@InvestigationsOttawa His Facebook is once again active, I wonder whats his add now...

500dollarslighter Aug 21, 2018

@NickyFraudDubois His current address is 831 Kirkwood Ave, apt. 2, Ottawa, phone number (613) 850-5342. This may change any day.
    He gets regularly picked up his chauffeur Barry driving grey van, Ontario plates CEAC 113, at this address between 8 and 9 AM.

500dollarslighter Aug 21, 2018

@InvestigationsOttawa He shaved his beard, but the teeth are still missing.

500dollarslighter Aug 27, 2018

@NickyFraudDubois https://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/1012353762

• Or
    Orleansconplaint Sep 01, 2018

@InvestigationsOttawa I hope to knock out his remaining teeth. Scammed by him this week too 8/30

Ottawa_17 Sep 06, 2018

@Orleansconplaint $830? did Nico drive out to your place to collect the deposit?

Nico_Fraud Aug 10, 2018

He is still active and defrauding people.
    Are there any details on the open cases?
    Can anybody confirm his address is still 13 A rue des Ursulines. I would like to serve him small claims court documents (not that I expect my $ to ever be returned).

Thanks for this thread, and keep spreading the word!

500dollarslighter Aug 21, 2018

@Nico_Fraud His current address is 831 Kirkwood Ave, apt. 2, Ottawa, phone number (613) 850-5342. This may change any day.
    He got served outside of this house two days ago. Hurry up.
    Hope it helps.

@Nico_Fraud Contact [email protected]

Ottawa_17 Sep 06, 2018

@500dollarslighter What did Nico get served with?

500dollarslighter Sep 06, 2018

@Ottawa_17 If you file your complain with Ontario Small Claims Court, you will have to make an attempt to personally deliver and service a court note, either putting it into defendants hands or dropping it on the ground in front of the defender.

Ottawa_17 Aug 18, 2018

Hi Folks! I'am the most recent victim of a $550 money scam by Nico Dubois. I contacted him through kijiji ottawa to have a deck built. His unregistered business name is "Xteriorworks" located at 831 Kirkwood. Cell # (343)996-5172

My advise is to NOT confront him. He may be dangerous.

500dollarslighter Aug 21, 2018

@Ottawa_17 This cell is no longer active. His current number as of today was (613) 850-5342.

500dollarslighter Aug 21, 2018

Nico is back in business. Those are two of his latest Kijiji posts:

It may worth to keep him busy calling him out on estimations in the middle of nowhere.

And you can reach him at (613) 850-5342 so far.

Nico_Fraud Aug 27, 2018

He has new ads now.

Also he has a new number (but is actively blocking people)

500dollarslighter Aug 30, 2018

Our little friend seemed to change his ways of separating people from their money.
    He changed his Kijiji nick to "cash works" and steals in cash now. Why bother with e-transfres?

Below are his new ads. Say Hello or whatever else you may have to say.

• Sh
    Shanu Soni Aug 31, 2018

I am the latest victim of his scam lost 435 dollars wondering what happen to Police compaint any one did any polic complain and know why this mugger is still free roaming

500dollarslighter Sep 02, 2018

@Shanu Soni You can definitely add one more to his file:

@500dollarslighter Contact directly the person in charge of his file

• Sh
    Shanu Soni Aug 31, 2018

here is pic of his ID and address proof that show that he has contractor card at lows . his arguments were convincing but he is a fraudist

Ottawa_17 Aug 31, 2018

@Shanu Soni Interesting! ...how were you able to obtain those pieces of information? I got scammed $550 by Nico Dubois, he is a French Fraudster that needs to be sent to federal jail. I will NEVER quit fighting until Police do something about criminals like Nico Dubois. The Truth - police know exactly where he is, its just a matter of creating a serious enough case against this Scammer.

manon moisan
    3rd degree connection3rd
    Business Owner at nicorenovates

One more:

500dollarslighter Sep 03, 2018

Nico has got a new number (343) 984-4390. He would not pick up the phone but you can text him with few words for now.

Not again here Sep 04, 2018

Anybody scammed by this scumbag please contact :

SGT I. Ouellette in charge of his file

Ottawa_17 Sep 06, 2018

https://renonikko.wixsite.com/website Copy & paste Nico's website to the address bar... this features another contact phone number .

NikkoJoke Sep 17, 2018

@Ottawa_17 he has done this several time and will continue doing this, shame on the police for not locking him up for good...

NikkoJoke Sep 17, 2018

he once told me his mother was sick and he cant make it,

500dollarslighter Sep 17, 2018

@NikkoJoke He told me that his mother vanished in the house fire while he was a baby. She wrapped him in the blanket and tossed out the window. He also told me that his wife (see picture above) is disabled in the wheelchair, but apparently she somehow managed to meet with some victims. He could probably make more money writing fantasy books.

500dollarslighter Sep 20, 2018

Check this out: https://www.facebook.com/NickyD67

500dollarslighter Sep 20, 2018

More FB images:

Irina Briand Mar 05, 2019

News for everybody connected to the frauds committed by Nickolas Dubois and his partners:

He is finally locked up for good!

He was arrested in January 2019 and remains in Gatineau Police custody waiting for the trial.

Ch08567 Jun 21, 2019

Nicky Dubois and his wife milked me of $1500 for a bathroom I had been promised. My son had been in a terrible auto accident when a car he was a passenger in, collided with a moose Oct. 1st, 2018. He was in a coma with traumatic brain injury and when he was allowed to come home from the hospital in December on weekends, I was told I needed a second bathroom if, when he eventually was released from hospital and rehab, I wanted him home with me. This is where Nicky and Manon came into the picture and made me feel they would bend over backwards for me. My mind, understandably, was not all there and when I normally would get suspicious and ask for references, etc, I did not. I lost money I didnt really have and received nothing. He even had the gall to phone in January of 2019 from a gatineau pay phone, demanding more money for a restocking fee of something that was ordered but was the wrong thing so needed to go back on the shelf. I told him I wasnt paying another dime as I had already paid $1500 and had received 3 pieces of drywall and a toilet that wouldn't work in the basement. I could go on and on with the bs they were giving me over the two months but it would be a book. I have everything documented. I should have reported them both, but what with being at the hospital and the circumstances surrounding my son, I didnt need any further stress. If I can help, please let me know.

• We
    Wendy McGillivray-Baskerville Jul 08, 2020

@Ch08567 Who was the arresting officer? He also took us for $5, 100

• Ne
    Neill Baskerville Jul 07, 2020

We were conned by Nicky Dubois and his partner, Manon, back in April of 2015 for a roofing job on the family home. We also responded to an ad on KIJIJI. He presented what looked to be a very legitimate proposal to do the work and that served as a contract. He took over $4000 from us for purchasing supplies, hire help, as well as renting of the dumpster bin for the old shingles and garbage. He barely started the work, disappeared and never came back. We become very suspicious when the dumpster company came to take the bin away claiming that they had never been paid. The stress that we endured with an open roof that was unshingled was unbelievable. We had to hire another roofing company.

We filed a case with the Gatineau police as we were certain that he had done this to other individuals. The Gatineau police did nothing despite the detailed accounting and photographs we provided. They indicated it was a civil matter. From the date of these posts, it looks like he is still committing fraud and ripping people off four years after he ripped us off. The Gatineau police should have stepped in.

It look like he is now in custody - four years after the Gatineau Police were first made aware of his activities. I wonder if we will ever get our money back.

500dollarslighter Jul 08, 2020

@Neill Baskerville The civil matter is being resolved in court, without police being involved.
    Not sure if our friend is still in custody. His Facebook account is active again. You can always say Hello: https://www.facebook.com/NickyD67

• Br
    Bruce Baskerville Jul 10, 2020

@500dollarslighter I think he is back at it. The most recent photo of him shingling is at least 5 or 6 years old and was taken from a video and photos he showed us to demonstrate his roofing abilities 5 years ago.