Maytag / maytag aka whirlpool washer

1 6000 CARLISLE PIKE, 17050Mechanicsburg, PA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a supposedly brand new Maytag washer aka Whirlpool and Maytag dryer from Home Depot on the 6000 Carlisle Pike, in Mechanicsburg, PA. Store #4120. After it was installed I went on vacation and when I returned went to use the wash machine and it made a terrible noise in the spin cycle.. All it did was bang and clunk when it went into the spin cycle. I shut it off and immediately called Home Depot, they told me they would have Whirlpool come out to fix it in a few weeks. In the mean time I'm without a washer. To begin with I paid for a Maytag washer, so why wasn't I told at the time of purchase that it was really a Whirlpool. When Whirlpool came to my house, they did something to it and said, they had to order a new wringer assembly and then come back another time. By that time I was furious, I had no way of washing my clothes. I called the Manager at Home Depot and they argued that it had to send someone to look at it again. After several weeks they came back and fixed it, but I never got a call back from Home Depot to see if it worked, reimbursement for buying a broken wash machine ... I got nothing! If I would have wanted a re-furbished washing machine, I would have bought a used one. This was supposed to be brand new Maytag and not a Whirlpool and definitely not a refurbished. I went weeks without a washer and paid full price for a refurbished machine.

Comments

• Bi
      26th of Jun, 2012

Buy from Lowes the price match, deliver the next day and are so much better about resolving appliance issues. If you call Lowes they will send someone out to inspect the machine and if it is defective they replace it and send the bad unit back. Sure every company gets bad things from manufacturers but the customer shouldn't have to suffer for it. I worked at Lowes as a delivery driver and Customer service specialist ( not like a cashier but someone who dealt with customer disputes and providing resolutions to problems like these)