Mayoor School Noida / Poor teaching staff

1 India Review updated:

Few days back I visited this school and met some nursery teachers. Although they were having good communication skills but not the qualification only couple of teachers were well educated but not the all. I met one more teacher and she had done only NTT from some sanskaar institute (poor institute)along with BA degree from distance learning courses...pathetic teacher...I am very disspointed and highly disstaisfied because my son is studying there and now I am planning to move him to some quality school like DPS or Lotus valley. I request all the parents please take some sincere steps in order to make your children future bright.

In

Comments

• Pu
      20th of Aug, 2008

I had great hopes from Mayoor School, Noida when I got my son admitted in Nursery class. But soon I realized that the school is not up to the mark. There is no comparison of Mayo College, Ajmer with Mayoor School, Noida. Like other schools, it's focus is also on making money.

• Vi
      30th of Aug, 2008
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Good or bad teachers exist everywhere in all schools across the world. Teaching is not through degrees but by aptitude and through continuous learning and updating and an intrinsic talent to teach and enjoy being with students. I'm sure the school in question - Mayoor - also has its' checks and balances in place when it takes people as teachers.

My child is also studying in the same school and he is a new admission, having shifted to delhi from another city. We have found the teacher's to be good. The school is a bit heavy on the academic side though with the students having to do about 5-6 chapters a month per subject - that's the only little grouse i have as my child is only in Class IV and I often wonder- what will he do learning so...much! But then, on the other hand, I feel- maybe the school wants to prepare it's students for the boards and therefore from now getting them into the habit of regular heavy studies- ! So i think OK. My son has been able to cope up so far- though with some difficulty but I'm watching how much the school can make him expand his capabilities... Our experience with the school has been hence- quite good. Those who do not like it- always have a choice of taking their ward away to some other school.

• Pa
      5th of Sep, 2008

Sub: Mr Principal - `Trust Violated is Trust lost!'

Dear Mr Srivastava,

Some years back, when we began our tryst as parents with the thriving academic world of shools, we landed up in many of the so-called `established' schools, and the sheer experience of filling up for admission was such a nightmare, that in contrast the first trip to Mayoor was beyond simple pleasure - to simply put, we felt assured that we were putting our future in safe and wise hands.

Alas, the sense of security and trust stands completely shaken today, if not shattered for many of us, to say the least.

The same parents who held their head high and went all out recommending the school to peers and acquaintances urging them to experience the pleasure of being a part of Mayoor, today are at the receiving end of rapidly deteroiorating standards which are pushing us to the point of confrontation.

We feel pushed to the point where the only resort appears to be to raise our voice as a Parents Association.

The fabric of trust which we hoped would find strength and nourishment with each passing year stands violated and torn by a numerous factors:
    Please note:
    Consistent failure of school to provide services for which premium charges are paid by parents, such as AC bus service, with repeated break-downs, particularly during peak summer months, has turned the simple hope of a comfortable ride to school for your child into a nightmare.
    Deteriorating quality of school uniform - you are urged to check the quality of competitive schools' uniforms to find the visible inferior quality provided by vendor at Mayoor.
    To add insult to injury, our trust is today completely shattered when we see not only disappropriate teacher-student ratio (which was Mayoor's USP)coupled with shockingly sub-standard quality of teachers who are managing the highly impressionable minds of nursery to primary children.
    As parents who trusted the association of an iconic academic body like Mayo, Ajmer, the sight of harrased wards is nothing less than a sharp provocation to raise our stance in the media - which is the only apparent medium of being heard these days, in case this plea goes unheard from the highest authority in the school, which is yourself.

Going by the number of complaints, even online, we suggest a one-on-one meeting to resolve these issues with the parents.
    We urge your immediate intervention to restore faith of hundreds of parents and hope to have an emphatic response from you.

Regards
    Parents Trust Assocation

• Ar
      23rd of Sep, 2008

this is totally untrue.
    mayoor school, noida has the most suitable teaching staff. it has less number of students in each class, which gives a chance for every child to be more close to his/her teachers. even a teacher can provide individual attention.
    whereas other schools have more than 40 students in each class, where teachers dont even know the child properly. will that suit us more? i dont agree with your point. i have full faith that my child is in safe hands.

• Ra
      23rd of Sep, 2008

How can you be so sure about their qualifications?

i have met all the teachers who are teaching my child in KG block. they are so humble and soft spoken. they have full knowledge as how to deal with a child. lets not get personal here.

• Ni
      25th of Sep, 2008

after reading all the negative feedbacks i am so tensed as i almost finalised mayoor school for my son.The reason being that i found the atmosphere very warm for the child as compared to other schools specially amity international(would not recommend).Please parents whose wards are there in Mayoor, Please guide me.

• Sh
      25th of Sep, 2008

Dear madam,

i ensure you that your ward would love the environment. as during the process of nursery admissions i have visited many schools in noida as well Delhi. but the environment in these schools appeared very business oriented. no special attention given to parents forget about the child. but in Mayoor, the case is totally different. they made sure that the child coming to the school first time felt the warm and loving environment immediately. so i would recommend you to go ahead with this school for your child's admission.

• Ku
      30th of Sep, 2008

This is not correct. I have personally checked and found the envoirment conducive to child teaching. also the feedback from few parents has been positive enough for me to go ahead with my daughters admission.

one thing comes to mind. the zeal with which same topic is being repeated on many websites, seems more a case of personal issue settling with mayoor school than anything else.

pls, do not use such public forums for settling personal scores. also, do a reality check on schools such as Amity (every second person will speak only of rich parents and unruly money flush wards) and DPS (mms scandle not so long ago speaks volumes of its envoirnment).

• De
      1st of Oct, 2008

After seeing the comments from the discussions I went and saw the school website.
    Hope this shall be usefull.
    The Records are not so bad a seen on the discussions.

• Me
      1st of Oct, 2008

Hey guys wait a minute... the name of the teachers mentioned in comments, are actually exist in the school but not in the list of the teachers http://www.mayoornoida.net/ourteachers.html, I have checked twice and they are teaching in the Nursery and KG block and more over most of the teachers name are vanished from the list they are showing. Go and visit the school first and check the qualifications of most of the teachers and then decide. The school wesite is showing only few teachers name and hides most of the names.

• Me
      1st of Oct, 2008

They are showing only one teacher named Rashmi Goel (done only NTT from sanskar school) in the list of teachers but I can assure you that there are many techers whom are having the same qualifications as Rashmi and this school is hiding those teachers from the website list.

Dear All,
    I have been observing this discussion forum since it was started. I wanted my ward to get into this school and I had made up my mind also before coming to this discussion forum. This forum is eye opener for any parents who are willing to get their ward to be admitted in this school. Let me tell you one thing that whatever be the questions raised till date about the qualifications of the teachers in this school is almost correct. There are more than ten activity teachers in the nursery and KG Block for which the school website is listing contains name like Gita ray, Rashmi Goel, Gunjal Singhal but what Radha sharma, Pooja Pundir, Some Aneja etc why those names have not appeared on list of the teachers ? What do we undersatnd from that ? Does it means they are not working in your school or it means that they are not eligible to be a teacher in some reputed school (Like mayoor). Believe me these teachers (mentioned later) should not be allowed to enter in any school. I went to this school after reading the complaints about this school but they were not listening to me and keep on showing me only those teachers whom are having some level of education, why?

Coming to environment of the school, it was the most satisfactory part of my visit because they are indeed having nice environmet for the children and the strength of each classes was pretty reasonable so your child could get proper attention.

But my questions is why this school is still carrying poor teachers ? If we parents are paying huge amount to the school per child. See in my opinion only those teachers can make our ward bright and shining whom actually are having bright and shining records in their acdemics.

• Ri
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I m planning to put my son in nursery class in mayoor school. N I m so much confused after reading this complaints. Plz. tell me truth . what should i do. right now he is going in GAIA play school. I was planning 4 step by step but they r not taking new admissions.

• So
      7th of Oct, 2008

dear parents,

after reading the forums written by you, im so disturbed. u all should first check the level you are going, publically writing ill about a school. i have my ward studying in mayoor. i have never faced any kind of problems. and i am a regular visitor of this school. after meeting the staff i am at peace that my ward, will get good values in life. others schools also dont ask for any less fees and how do you know that they are providing good facilities?

• Na
      8th of Oct, 2008

I fully endorse the above comment. Many friends who have children in mayoor r happy and recommend it!!
    I think it is personal score settling going on!
    Mayoor is a good school.

• Ek
      9th of Oct, 2008

I want my child to get admitted in Mayoor school, Noida.I am so shooked abt the information given by the parents particulerlly the sextual harresment of the child.Is it true? But I can't understandthat such a big school with good background can go with such things.Plz help me out to take decision.

• Mi
      9th of Oct, 2008

dear parent,

i donot agree with negative comments written against mayoor. i have my daughter in class II and believe me i am totally satisfied with the enviornment of the school. the staff, esp teachers take good care of all the students. my ward looks forward to go to school everyday and i believe that is a very healthy and positive sign, which speaks well about mayoor. so go ahead with your admission process.

• Ra
      12th of Oct, 2008

My son is studying there in X standard and he told me about this then I went to school and verified this story

• Vi
      19th of Oct, 2008

so are you withdrawing your child from mayoor if you are so dissatisfied?

• Ad
      2nd of Nov, 2008

After having read this thread, it seems to me like this is a case of settling personal scores. stories of teachers harassing their students seem bizarre and unfounded. those making such allegations must first make sure that they have some backing.such rubbish news is only an attempt to sensationalise things. this looks to me like a random story picked out from some masala type movie. it has obvious repurcussions for the school and more so for the teacher. she is being maligned for no good reason. this seems like a case to defamation, being a lawyer i can assure you that those indulging in such activities can even be sent to prison if the authorities decide to take legal action. parents, this is only a personal issue that has been blown out of proportion. let this not effect your opinion of the school and its teachers.