Massage Envyterrible massage

Mi Jan 21, 2015 Miami Review updated:

I’m going to keep it short. Whomever you make an appointment with at Massage Envy at The Falls; you better make sure it is NOT with Ana Marie (or Ana Maria).
She has absolutely NO idea what she’s doing; all she did was bathing me in lotion. She rushed through everything; she massaged half of my arms and my legs. That was basically a rub; I wouldn’t call it a massage. But at the end, she massaged my shins so hard and for so long that I literally got shin splints.
She didn’t seem to like the job; it looks like she is just there to collect paychecks. Honestly, she has no business working as a massage therapist; she needs to work somewhere that has zero interaction with people, maybe a bank teller at the drive thru! NO PERSONALITY!

Comments

• Sm
      Sep 08, 2009
    Massage Envy - billing and services
    el camino real
    Carlsbad
    California

This place is a rip-off. They lie to you, steal from you and collect money for no service. I am not amazed by all of the complaints against Massage Envy. I got screwed by them too. They keep taking money from my debit card and they won't give me any massages. They tell me different lies and stories each time I talk to them. They are a total scam!!!

• De
      Nov 14, 2009

I had a bad experience with the one in Santa clarita area on newhall road. The manager and employee were very rude and said that I owed 49 dollars for a massage when I was told by another employee that I had three pre paids left and that because of a mistake made by them she would still honor them. The manager Ami said her employee didn't have the right to say that and it wasn't their fault that I was told that. Needless to say I will never go back to this place again. I also asked to speak to the corporate office and she first said she did not have a number and then said they were all in a conference call on Fridays. This manager was such a liar and very unprofessional. I thought in any business the motto is to keep the customer happy and try to come up with a negotiable solution. Needless to say I felt more stressed after leaving this place and felt like I didn't even get a massage. BEWARE of the lies these people tell you and make sure they write down sign and date anything they promise you.

• Bi
      Oct 02, 2010
    Massage Envy - Unfair Business practice
    Escondido
    California

How to cancel your membership, I have found they won't let you. I had to goto my bank and cancel any further charges, and they refunded the last 2 visits I never took.

• Ve
      Oct 06, 2010
    Massage Envy - Use not as sold
    5020 4th Street North
    St Petersburg
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

Membership purchased was presented falsely. I told the salesperson I did not get massages monthly, only as needed. She told me that my family could use the membership and I could bring it guests. Now they are saying this is not how the membership can be used. They say it was never intended to be used this way.

• Qu
      Nov 16, 2010

read your contract. family members can't use your membership. if you get a membership at a gym, can your family members use it if you don't go? no. the contract is in black and white and you and they cannot dispute it. being "told" by a salesperson that a family member can use your member massages is "he said, she said." that's why you have to read your contact, ninny!

Dec 03, 2010
    Massage Envy - trust
    massage envy
    6630Marie Curie Drive
    Elkridge
    Maryland
    Phone: [protected]

I forgot my valuable and religious necklace at the clinic. They could not find it. I have lost trust on the therapist and the clinic. My therapist was Ryan Jason Willett.

• To
      Dec 07, 2010

my ex girlfriend works at the altamonte springs location and said the same issues go on regularly with every client. Its a scam to get you frustrated in trying to cancel or get refund. No one will call you back ever. They say they cannot cancel when they can. They tell you they cancel then dont. Its the wait you out game so you will give up. They are franchised but sounds like a corporate game to me. She gave me so many stories especially one where the womans son died and they still did not refund the money. Its hard sell on contracts and they will tell you its easy to cancel but if you dont after 3 days you never will have any luck. they work on commision and they will be fired if they do no thit 15% attach rate. they get 850 and hour plus a tier bonus for 15% and so on according to their memberships. thats why its hard to get out once you sign it. thats why you dont get all the info up front. thats why you shouldnt give your credit card number as you will never be able to get out of the contract. if you move somewhere where there isnt a massage envy within a 25 mile radius you can opt out. and rates arent honored in other areas of the country of what you signed up in. plus if you miss your appointment and dont cancel youre charged. again your credit card will be charged.

• Ba
      Feb 28, 2011
    Massage Envy - credit card charged after I cancelled
    California

I am going to file a class action against massage envy if anybody wants to be part of it. I do have a number of people that wantt to be involved. Get back to me with your info
    Best Wishes Barry

May 04, 2011
    Massage Envy - cheap service
    massage envy
    massageenvy.com

this place have a bad customer service ..i was late 10 min to my app.they charged me one hour ..so nasty employees have no moral ..do not try this place, they alomst force people to sign one year contract ..do not do this mitake do not sign a contract here..

• Je
      Jun 15, 2011

yes i want also .

• Je
      Jun 15, 2011

yes i want to also.

• Ri
      Oct 06, 2011

They also never give a full hour massage. It's usually more like 40 minutes.

• Sp
      Aug 17, 2012
    Massage Envy - Rude staff
    Grand Prairie
    Texas

Rude rude rude staff! They are all teenagers and lack professionalism in their store. They always seem to call the day of appointment and have an issue or need to change my appointment time! I will find another franchise that operates a more professional front desk.

• Da
      Sep 04, 2012
    Massage Envy - Payment taken out after cancel
    Temecula
    Phone: [protected]

Date of my enrollment 7/9/2010 of membership 12 months. I cancel My membership in 08/2010 and 2012 payment was still taken from my card.