Massage Envy / contract terms

1 10441 Fairway Drive, Suite 120Roseville, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-7843800

Last September I attempted to close my account with MAssage Envy. I was told I could not use the massages I had purchased even though I had paid $708, or $59 per month for the said massages. When I objected to the confiscation of these massages, I was told, on or about September 20, 2009, that I could suspend my account and transfer the paid massages to a point system to be used with a six month period. This six month period, which was confirmed in a written statement, would end six months from the date I signed the conversion. This date would be on or about March 19, 2009.

Much to my dismay, I discovered without notice, that my credit card was charged $59 on February 20, 2010. Since I had a 12 month contract with Massage Envy, one that I had attempted to close in September, I, under no circumstances, allowed Massage Envy to charge my account at will. I have not used the said massages I paid for, which Massage Envy was paid for and never had to deliver. Massage Envy is not a gym. Membership requires Massage Envy to provide patrons with a product. While I do not intend to ever use these massages, (who would go back for a massage after this), I will object to any debits on my credit card. I have notified the credit card company of this fraudulent charge and made a formal complaint with The Federal Trade Commission. It is my hope that some lawyer somewhere will take Massage Envy on and stop this business practice.

Comments

• La
      15th of Apr, 2010

I am close to my 1 yr membership expiring. I sent in my cancellation form to let them know I would not be renewing because of my disatisfaction overall. I have 7 pre-paid unused massages on my account. I asked my local store if I could donate them to my daughter's school for teacher appreciation. They told me that it was a coporate policy and that they couldn't do that. So I called coporate and they told me the opposite. They said it is up to the actual store and they could do something like that. Supposedly Coporate is calling the store to try and work something out. I feel like I was given the run-around. Why would you treat a member like that? I've already paid for the massages, why can't I just give them to someone else? It's not like they are going to lose any money. If anything, they might get a membership out of it. I'm extremely disappointed in this company and will never use their services again, EVER.