Massachusetts Health Connector / masshealth customer service

Massachusetts, United States Review updated:

Date (11/15/2017) 2:25pm

I have had the unfortunate displeasure of interacting with the individuals who work for MassHealth. This last attempt to reach someone was the worst incident. After waiting for 30+ min, which I completely understand has to do with the heavy flow of enrollment at this time of year, sadly I was met with a raspy muddled voice shouting for my info when I was simply trying to make out what they were saying. I was frustrated from this but tried to maintain composure and provide the information they asked for. The individual on the phone then paused for what seemed like 5 minutes before saying anything back and then said "Please hold" where I was apparently redirected and hung up on. Back on hold for another 30min -60min. Sick games they like to play over at MassHealth. This sadly was not the first time this has happened and is among the several juvenile tactics MassHealth employees use to torment those who try and contact them. I wish this was an isolated incident but unfortunately it is not when it comes to the terrible people who work for MassHealth. What is one to do when this is the only medium for acquiring health insurance through their state?

Md
Nov 15, 2017

Comments

• Pl
      May 04, 2018

Waiting time is ridiculous. OVER 30 MIN and the personnel still saying the computer is running slow and can't get in the system JUST TO UPDATED ONE ADDRESS. I could not imagine the efficiency. Either it's the software issue or working ethics need to be addressed here. Management please do read these comments and complaints and consider the matter.

Jun 13, 2019

Fortunately, for me (6/2019) waiting time is down to about 5 mins. So that's good.

But my experience was with 3 of 4 agents, I got completely wrong information.

Further, on questioning the completely wrong information, I was told the only resource was for me to schedule a "fair hearing" some weeks in the future. (https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2019/04/18/fhr-1.pdf )

Now, actually, I was able to get correct information by skipping over MA Health, and its agents and "fair hearing" procedure entirely, by going to the Health Connector ombudsman staff. (This staff, which is very small, seem to be some of the few people between the Connector and MA Health who actually know what's going on. I was able to use them because my issue was actually a crossover issue, where I was suddenly assigned to MA health, on a short-notice yanking of my on-exchange Connector plan.)