Massachusetts Health Connector — enrollment/masshealth - a black hole of bureaucracy and frustration
At one point a couple of years ago, I was briefly on Mass Health. I got a job w/benefits, so I cancelled Mass Health. I'm now a full-time student, with insurance I buy through school, however, I only need 2 classes to go, which is not enough to qualify for the school insurance plan. I went on the Connector and was told by the system I wasn't eligible for insurance (??!!??). I called and was told that 1. I couldn't purchase a Connector plan because my current 1099 contractor status prevented me from having verifiable income, so I had to use Mass Health, but 2. a "block" had been put on me for Mass Health because I'd gone off it. (???!!??) I questioned this -- I mean, what if your situation changes, as mine did? Was I being penalized for a time when I no longer took taxpayer help when I went off it and joined an employer plan???? NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.
I was instructed to call Mass Health. I called and waited a good 15 minutes before anyone could speak with me. After reciting my story AGAIN, I was told that I needed to call Mass Health enrollment to have them allow me to qualify. I've tried calling on my lunch break, but the wait time is ridiculous. This is the most poorly run, bureaucratic crapshow I've ever encountered. If the state's goal is to make me pay for an extra class just to get insurance, or struggle with paying for a marketplace plan, they should pat themselves on the back because they've won.
More Massachusetts Health Connector Complaints & Reviews
- Massachusetts Health Connector - fraud on my refund check - information needed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - masshealth customer service 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - improper accounting practices 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - the mass health connector cancelled my dental insurance in december 2016 in error. since then, they have still not corrected their issue. 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - overcharged bill and inconsistent customer service 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service sucks, rude, not educated
- Massachusetts Health Connector - cancelled coverage (notated) online, now disappeared!
- Massachusetts Health Connector - long waits / understaffed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service and not getting accurate information 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - unable to make automatic payment because "another active aplication"