Marshalls / worst customer service

3855 East Foothill Boulevard
Phone: 6263519611
I purchased a dress as a Christmas gift for my niece but ended up giving her another gift, so I took the dress back to the Marshalls store (store 208 on 3855 East Foothill Blvd in Pasadena, CA) where I purchased the dress for return yesterday. The dress had the original tag attached and I had the original receipt of the merchandise. The store cashier refused to accept the return citing that the tag did not match the merchandise. A second cashier stated the same. I was very upset over and humiliated. The manager on duty eventually instructed to accept the return.
Both cashiers had exhibited poor attitude towards me and delivered unacceptable customer service. I had called the general customer service number at [protected] to file a complaint and will also call the district manager after the holiday to complain about this incidence. I was told by the customer service agent was that the store will address this internally as what kind of action they would take. And as me, I will cancel my store credit card and no longer shop at Marshalls from this point on.
In the time of economic downturn, Marshalls may be able to afford losing one customer, but Marshalls future is questionable with this kind of customer service.

N  12th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You can blame all the people that switch tags for us being suspicious.
D  9th of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You are not understanding that the cashier is obligated to check the ticket, and varify that it maches the brand name on the clothing. if it does nto match then it's the managers call if it should be accepted or not. I doubt they were being rude to you, im sure you just get angry when you can't have things your way.

Marshalls Logo Marshalls