Marriott / misleading customers

1 31 CLEARVIEW DRIVEWallkill, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 845-895-8940

At the time of our timeshare purchase at marriott horizons your salesman, kenneth harrop, misled us as to the way timeshare could be used. He over and over stated that whenever we wanted to use our timeshare, at any time of year, we would have no problem. Well, we tried to use it this february and had to go through interval because of this lie he told us. The units are fantastic and we in essence bought it for our children, but again I am extremely unsatisfied with having been lied to. When we tried to contact a manager or anyone to help us we were given the shuffle and noone ever responded. I know this is not how marriott wants to be represented so I am passing this complaint to corporate to see what if any action will be taken

Comments

• Gr
      30th of Jan, 2009

I also bought through Ken and he lied to us also. He told us we would be getting a week a year but now I see it's a week every other year. Now I called and he no longer works there. Have you heard back from them.

• Al
      30th of Mar, 2010

Misleading Guaranteed on reward.
    : www.marriott@corporateinfo.com; www.consumeraffairs@marriott.com
    Subject: FW: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:31:48 -0500

From: carol2665@hotmail.com
    To: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
    Subject: FW: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 03:49:57 -0500

In all my e-mail in the subject The band name is there.
    I said in my last e-mail this is more troubled then it worth.
    1. why is that in my last e-mail that I gave the address of the location and the phone number, how much I payed for each visit. you can't find the location.?
    2. Why is it that you say ..you could call for me. What is it that you do.?
    3. I look at your web sites.. and I attach the brand name to this e-mail. It has fairfield Inn. Oh my God their is only one brand hotel fairfield Inn Marriott.
    4.Once again Seriously ... really .. I'm Just saiding ..Wow ..wOW
    5. Now .. you stated I enroll and you told me this. Now I enroll in my room at the hotel that you agree to a statement for using the enternet, which is the home page of the hotel that you stated.
    You could see my enrollment day. But you are asking me to give you the Brand name of the only fairfieldInn hotel listed on your web site...
    Wow...you clearly are harassing me over point. I am done with this once again.. You made not enjoy being nice to people but I do.

As I mention before this has become more trouble then it worth...

Our Brands

Marriott International, Inc., (NYSE: MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 3, 000 lodging properties in the United States and 67 other countries and territories.

Marriott Lodging operates and franchises hotels under the following brands:

Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    Marriott Conference Centers
    TownePlace Suites by Marriott
    SpringHill Suites by Marriott
    Marriott Vacation Club
    The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
    The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club
    Marriott ExecuStay
    Marriott Executive Apartments

Marriott Hotels & Resorts >>

Flagship brand of quality-tier, full-service hotels & resorts
    Provides consistent, dependable, and genuinely caring experiences to guests on their terms
    521 Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide; 343 US, 178 international
    - Business centers
    - Meeting facilities
    - High-speed Internet access is available at many hotels

JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts >>

Most elegant and luxurious Marriott brand
    Provides business and leisure travelers a deluxe level of comfort and personal service on their terms
    39 JW Marriott Hotels worldwide; 16 US, 23 international

Renaissance Hotels >>

Quality-tier full-service brand providing guests with the ambiance of a boutique
    Brand signatures include interior design, a "street" restaurant and savvy service
    - Business library and center
    - Swimming pool
    - Fitness centers
    - Conference and banquet facilities
    143 Renaissance Hotels, Resorts and Suites; 75 US, 68 international

EDITION Hotels >>

This is the latest edition of luxury boutique hotels and the perfect combination of energetic atmosphere, attitude and style. Each property is distinctive and designed by award-winning hotelier Ian Schrager. And, of course, each EDITION hotel is located in the most attractive destinations around the world.

Autograph Collection >>

The Autograph Collection is a diverse collection of high-personality independent hotels. It plugs you into fresh, inventive and positively unique experiences only an independent can deliver. Plus, it's the only collection where you can book a stay via Marriott.com and earn and redeem Marriott Rewards.

Courtyard by Marriott >>

Courtyard offers travelers the choices and options that let them make the most of their time on the road
    More than 800 Courtyard by Marriott locations worldwide in over 28 countries
    Features include:
    Guest rooms with large, well-lit work desks and ergonomic chairs.
    Courtyard Suites® larger rooms available as well.
    Free Wi-Fi in public spaces (North and Central America only).
    Free high-speed Internet access and plush bedding in all guest rooms.
    24/7 access to food at The Market
    Business library and on-site business services
    Meeting space
    Outside courtyard and patio area
    Invigorating fitness room
    Relaxing pool

Residence Inn by Marriott >>

Designed to provide travelers with everything they need to thrive on long stays
    Over 580 Residence Inn by Marriott locations worldwide
    Enjoy lower rates for longer stays
    Features include:
    Spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas
    Fully equipped kitchens
    Free grocery delivery service
    Free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access
    Inviting outdoor spaces including Sport Court®, swimming pool and barbeque areas
    Free evening hospitality hours
    Complimentary hot breakfast

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott >>

Provides business and leisure travelers with everything they need at an exceptional value
    More than 590 Fairfield Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
    Features include:
    Friendly and helpful staff to provide all the assistance you need
    Free, hot breakfast featuring healthy options
    Complimentary high-speed internet service in rooms and Free WiFi in the lobby
    Comfortable beds to help you awake refreshed and ready to go
    Easy to earn Marriott Rewards for free nights or free flights
    It's all backed by a name you can believe in: Marriott

Marriott Conference Centers >>

Quality-tier brand specializing in highly effective small- to mid-sized meetings
    13 Marriott Conference Centers in the US
    Properties provide:
    - The latest audiovisual communications technology
    - Experiential learning facilities
    - Gourmet conference dining
    - Golf
    - Recreational/fitness venues

TownePlace Suites by Marriott >>

Mid-priced, extended-stay brand
    Provides all the conveniences of home in a residential atmosphere
    Launched in 1997
    145 TownePlace Suites by Marriott locations in the US

SpringHill Suites by Marriott >>

All-suite hotel offering inspiring style at an affordable price
    More than 230 SpringHill Suites by Marriott locations worldwide
    Complimentary daily breakfast buffet
    Spacious guest suites with separate areas for sleeping, working and relaxing
    In-suite microwave and mini-fridge
    Pull-out sofa bed
    Free Wi-Fi in public spaces and free high-speed internet access in all guest suites
    Relaxing pool and whirlpool/spa
    Invigorating fitness room
    Lobby computer and on-site business services
    24/7 access to food and beverages in The Market

Marriott Vacation Club® >>

Marriott Vacation Club is the recognized global leader in timeshare, providing nearly 400, 000 families with a lifetime of unforgettable vacations and an exceptional standard of service.
    Choose from more than 50 resorts in some of the most desirable beach, golf and ski destinations worldwide.
    Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villa accommodations offer all the conveniences of home.
    Owners have the option to trade for Marriott Rewards® points, or exchange through membership in Interval International® for access to more than 2, 400 resorts in 75 countries around the world

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. >>

Worldwide symbol for the finest in accommodations, dining, and service
    Twice a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
    Over 70 Ritz-Carlton hotel and resort locations worldwide
    Hotels and resorts offer signature service amenities
    Fine dining
    24-hour room service
    Twice-daily housekeeping
    Fitness centers
    Business centers
    Concierge services

The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club >>

The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club is an equity-based luxury vacation program
    Members select either a Home Club Membership which provides use of a residence at a property they can return to every year, or a Portfolio Membership which affords the opportunity to discover a wide variety of worldwide locations and experiences.

Marriott ExecuStay >>

Fully furnished corporate housing to executives and travelers who need temporary accommodations for a month or longer
    Features include:
    - Well-maintained properties in convenient locations
    - Flexible lease terms and options
    - Consistently high level of service
    - Competitive pricing
    Individually selected, attractively furnished and customized to satisfy each individual's needs
    ExecuStay apartments are managed in 45 major markets

Marriott Executive Apartments >>

Corporate housing brand designed to meet the needs of business executives on an overseas assignment of 30 days or more
    Offer travelers residential accommodations with hotel-like amenities
    18 Marriott Executive Apartments internationally

Gift Cards < div>
    Incentive Awards
    Honeymooon Registry < div>
    Affiliates
    © 1996 - 2010 Marriott International, Inc. All rights reserved. Marriott proprietary information

Terms of Use

To: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
    Subject: RE: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
    Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:36:33 -0500

Hello,

why are you still sending me e-mails.? when I stated in my last e-mail I was done. That this is more trouble then it worth... So this is harassment now.

I just sent your letter to several news station and to all the local and state new papers.. Also face book and any blog that I can find. I am also going to send all these e-mail to your investor. who have stock with-in this company...

Are you serious ... really I sent you the address and the location and the phone number to were I was staying and the price of my stay ...

So you must have a problem working for your company or your just not a nice person.

Once a again thank you for all your service.

> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:53:42 -0700
    > From: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
    > Subject: RE: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
    > To: carol2665@hotmail.com
    > CC:
    > Dear Carol Harmon,
    > I would be happy to contact the hotel on your behalf but you still have not provided me with the name of the hotel only the brand, "Fairfield Inn Marriott".
    > Our Marriott Rewards office is on the receiving end of the information submitted by a hotel. If a stay is not posted, we must have a copy of your hotel receipt to post the missing credit. Our office does not have direct access to your personal billing information at hotels, which is why our terms and conditions state that if a member is missing credit, they should submit a copy of their hotel receipt to our office. This information can be verified on our website at the following link:
    > http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi
    > As you do not have easy access to your hotel invoice, I will contact the hotel on your behalf and request your itemized hotel receipt. Please be advised that our hotels vary considerably in their response time to receipt requests. Many of our properties will provide your billing information to our Marriott Rewards office within 10 days of receiving my request, but please be advised that some hotels can take longer to respond. Please be assured that when I receive your receipt from the hotel, I will add all eligible credit.
    > In the future, if you would prefer to not wait for the hotel to process our request for your receipt, please keep a copy of the receipt until you see the stay post to your account; you can always request two copies of your receipt at check out. If your stay does not post in seven to ten days after check out, I would be happy to expedite your missing stay addition; simply email by attachment, fax or mail a copy of your hotel bill directly to my personal attention and I will have all eligible credit posted to your Marriott Rewards account within two to three days of receipt.
    > I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    > Regards,
    > Vickie F.
    > Internet Correspondence Specialist
    > Marriott Rewards Guest Services
    > This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
    > On March 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM, "Sasha A." wrote:
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >I would be happy to give you the information you need...
    > >
    > >However, I have stay in your hotel before and did not know of your reward program
    > >
    > >I ask the about it on February 25, 2010 and then sign up on the 26th of February 2010
    > >
    > >Also I check- in the same day at 3902 Turner Plaza Dr. Abilene Texas 79606.
    > >The phone number is : 325-695-2448
    > >I stay at the same location on the 6th March and the 20th
    > >
    > >The cost of each stay is as follow.
    > >1. $103.49
    > >2. $89.79
    > >3. $70.00
    > >
    > >My first visit I did not get military discount... was never told about it...
    > >
    > >So you have some employee who ... I would tell Marriott support their Military Troops and are a great asset to your company...
    > >
    > >But, there should never be ….. But... this is only a job for me and I don't care what you
    > >
    > >Need... just take your room key and leave me alone.
    > >
    > >Sorry ... these are the two things I felt after each stay in the hotel.
    > >
    > >So, I hope this is enough proof for you that I stay at your hotel... because I don't understand why this information wasn't ask for in the being, when you first address the issue..
    > >
    > >I am in the Military and my father is a Viet ... Now, honor, Trust and your word is everything so... In your first letter you told me when I sign up...
    > >
    > >Why is it you can't see the last time I stayed at your hotel... But the employee at the hotel can see when the last time I stayed and you can't.
    > >
    > >Wow, this is turning out to be a lot of work...! This has been such a bad experience for me.
    > >
    > > It is a beautiful day out and this is the second letter I've had to do just for reward points...
    > >Just keep the point
    > >> To: carol2665@hotmail.com
    > >> CC:
    > >> Dear Carol Harmon,
    > >>
    > >> Thank you for your reply.
    > >> Best Regards,
    > >> Vickie F.
    > >> Internet Correspondence Specialist
    > >> Marriott Rewards Guest Services
    > >> On March 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM, "Sasha A." wrote:
    > >> >Hello,
    > >> >
    > >> >Thank you for your fast response ...
    > >> >
    > >> >I did ask each time I stay in the hotel will my points be added and each time I was told yes...
    > >> >
    > >> >However, I could not have to contact you over reward points. I travel a lot any this would help me.
    > >> >
    > >> >I'm a contractor and saving on expenses... in this economy, goes a long way.
    > >> >Once again
    > >> >> To: CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM
    > >> >> CC:
    > >> >> Dear Carol Harmon,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Generally, if a hotel has your account number on file, your stay will post to your account ten days after check-out. Please allow four weeks for properties located outside of the United States.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If you will provide me with the name of the hotel and the dates of your stay, I will be happy to assist you in receiving all eligible credit for your recent stay.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I see you recently joined the Marriott Rewards program on February 26, 2010. Welcome!
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I am always happy to assist you with your Marriott Rewards account. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
    > >> >> Best Regards,
    > >> >> Vickie F.
    > >> >> Internet Correspondence Specialist
    > >> >> Marriott Rewards Guest Services
    > >> >>
    > >> >> This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender.. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
    > >> >> On March 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM, CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
    > >> >> >On March 26, 2010 at 05:03 AM, CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >A user has sent a request from the World Wide Web.
    > >> >> >Target: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
    > >> >> >zip: 75115
    > >> >> >country: US
    > >> >> >email: CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM
    > >> >> >rewards number: 790400543
    > >> >> >connecting browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2..0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0..0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
    > >> >> >JSESSIONID=zC4YCqrLS9xowW2ydK6Fu6q
    > >> >> >JVM=sEbizMdcom017a_prd2
    > >> >> >VSC=A18A5FD3C7EC5A52
    > >> >> >subject:Fairfield Inn Marriott
    > >> >> >comments: I have been twice now to the same hotel and haven't got any points .. I don't understand. March 5, 2010 and March 20, 2010
    > >> >> >----------- End of Message ----------
    > >> >_________________________________________________________________
    > >> >Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
    > >> >http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/
    > >_________________________________________________________________
    > >Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
    > >http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_2