Makro / 22 day old tv taken for service 5 weeks later still no response

1 South Africa Review updated:

I bought a LG television from Makro on 3 January 2009. On 25 January 2009, I switched my tv on and the screen went green then would not switch back on. I took the tv back to Makro Centurion for repairs, they refuse to exchange it even though it was only 22 days old. They took it in for servicing and said it takes 2-6weeks and they would contact me to inform me of the tv's problem and status. Five and a half weeks later with no repsonse from them I went back to Makro only to find out that they had no feedback whatsoever on the status of the tv. Makro has had this tv for a longer period than I have since I bought it. They keep promising to give me feedback within 24hours but I have still not heard from them. I am appauled by this service and I am sure that there are more customers out there who have experienced the same treatment from Makro.

Mp

Comments

14th of Aug, 2018
    Makro Online - Quantity in box less than what it should be
    South Africa

On 16 July 2018 I bought a box of Simba Lays 125g (Carib/Onion & Bal flavor) at Macro in Alberton. The box is suppose to contain 20 packets, but upon opening it at home, I found that there were only 19 packets.

• Th
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Makro Online - Makro Wonderboom, Pretoria branch. Till service is pathetic.

Client number, 16000735
    On this Friday 6 July 2018, at 12:30, we were at the store, 9 tills were open and later after complaining it became 10 and remained 10. We waited for about 40 minutes in the que, the que had more than 100 people waiting. Is this how you treat your customers? If this is the case, then in future we will shop elsewhere.

• Dr
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Makro Online - Makro online order
    Pretoria
    South Africa

We ordered a Item online(MAK893380), accepted the order and paid on 03/07/18. On 6/7/18 my wife phoned Makro to confirm the order. This was done and the person confirmed we will be contacted for delivery. Order was suddenly cancelled due to system error via email. Since then no feedback and now it is with legal according to Shane from Online.

• Nd
    Makro - Job
    Gauteng
    South Africa

They should not underpay employees who qualify for a higher salary and stop putting in white people only in high positions! Makro should not be unfair. We understand that a company is capable of hiring a client who is more qualified for a certain position but if clients are underpay... This matter should result in clients involving legal actions.

Makro Online - Computer / Laptop
    South Africa

My husband took his computer in for repairs to Polokwane. The tech told him he does not have enough data to carry on with his laptop today he can only do it tomorrow. How is it possible that Makro can't have enough data. Do you not know about WIFI?

Very poor service.

Can I please have feedback.

Jaqueline van der Walt
    jaqueline@hvdw.co.za

• As
    Makro Online - Edge Trimmer
    Kempton park
    South Africa

Broke twice and was refused a refund I spoke to the service advises but they were no help and even the manager did not want to help very poor service I will not recommend this store to anyone .The staff nèeds to be trained on how to deal with customérs and resolve queries.

• Br
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Makro Online - Waiting on delivery
    Cape Gate
    South Africa

I placed an order MAK472795 (22/11/2017) and I am still waiting on delivery.

I spoke to a makro staff member that assured me that delivery will take place today but up to now no one has contacted me.

I call and have been kept on the telephone for more than 10mins.

Poor service

• Ti
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Makro Online - Delivery

Ordered television on 25 August. Said would receive by Friday in CT. Found out today TV was couriered to JHB this morning instead of delivered to me in CT. Now have to wait another week. Poor service, this after I phoned yesterday to follow up and call centre said they would expedite it. 0765037445 Tiaan Smit

• Ce
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Makro Online - SD.card 32GB
    Cape Town
    South Africa

I bought 3x SD.cards. when I put 1x SD.card in my tab, it says ( blank card.) The other 2x SD.cards works well. I include my delivery note as proof of purchase. Can you please replace this faulty card for me?
    Awaiting your reply, many thanks
    Mr.CT.Dreyer

21st of Oct, 2018
    Makro Online - Bloemfontein liquor store workers
    Bfn

We are traders buying from makro liquor each week. We are buying for 3 outlets
    We pay the delivery fee and place the order as requested.
    Every week our order is late delivered WITHOUT any communications from staff or rep. If we phone them our phone calls are ignored.
    Please give feedback we are thinking of taking our business elsewhere

• Ni
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Makro - Makro online does not deliver Items bought nor a Refund.
    Cape Town
    makro.co.za

Makro online does not deliver Items bought nor a Refund.

The have my money for a month now and no one is able to assist you.

They kept the screen an MY MONEY!!!

NEVER BUY AT MAKRO ONLINE OR INSTORE. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

• Ko
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Makro Online - Stretcher (camp master)
    South Africa

I am still awaiting for Brenda from amanzimtoti branch to phone me back im not typing my complaint after several phone calls to makro regarding my problem.

Regarding a camping stretcher

Sandra

12th of Nov, 2018
    Makro - hisense 420l combi
    Durban
    makro.Co.za

Purchased the hisense on the 27th of Feb 2017. Fridge stopped working 2nd day of use. Phoned customer service on the 1st march was told a technician would come through . It's now the 8th of March and no one has come to check the fridge or nor have I received a call from anyone. Does it really take that long for a technician to. It's almost a week.