Makeyourownjeans.com / Rip off

This company is such a scam. I ordered from them twice. The results were so bad that I cannot imagine that the good reviews here are not written by someone in their company. And I feel sure that they remove any negative reviews from the website.

My first order for a pair of jeans was to be made to my measurements following their instructions. When the jeans arrived, they fit where I measured them and were so strange in other areas that I could not wear them. For example, there is no requested measurement for above the knees. But my jeans, although not a slim or even straight cut, were cut so tight above my knees that they were like jodpurs. And they ask for the widest measurement of the thigh. But above where that measurement was for me, they cut baggy areas on the tops of the thighs. The pants looked like riding pants. And the legs were two different lengths. I complained and was just told that I could pay to send the jeans back and pay for alterations.

So, I thought I would give them another chance since I am so desperate for pants that fit. Stupid, I know. I thought it had to be a one-time thing. I sent a pair to be cloned/ copied. I paid the postage for that. I paid the fee for that service. I paid for TWO more pairs, rather than one, since that is the minimum cloning order. I received two pairs that were not only different measurements from the ones I sent to be copied, they were different from one another! They are longer than the pair sent in and one pair is 4 cm longer than the other! The waist on one pair is smaller. The legs on the other are different. It is so screwed up. When i explained the problem to them, they just said that 'discrepancies' are normal and that the measurements were checked by one of their workers so they must be correct. Are they joking? That idiot could not even hold the pants up and see that the lengths were all different? They said I could order yet another pair from them at a discount.

They are incredibly rude and condescending to their customers. All they want is for you to spend more money to buy more jeans when there is a problem. They expect you to pay return for shipping back to them, for alterations at a reduced rate, and shipping back to you! It is so crazy! You finally think it will be cheaper to get another pair and try again! They said it was their policy to not give a refund. It is my policy to not be defrauded but they just want more money. They do not answer emails now and refused to respond when I asked for a telephone contact number. So I am out $200 and have three pairs of jeans that I cannot wear.

I saw them mentioned in Oprah and thought it would be so great to get jeans that fit. It is a total scam. I am so disapointed because I would have ordered a lot of jeans from them if they had done the work properly and treated the customer with respect.

Va

Comments

• Da
      12th of Nov, 2008

I am a regular on Myoj, I get a better fit each time I order, I do tweak a little bit here and there.

After reading your post I suggest that you could have ordered another pair by changing the measurements which gave you problems, there would have been no reason why they would have not fit.

The tools provided for making the Jeans are good enough and the prices are reasonable to be experimented, you get answered anytime you write to them.

Seems like in your case they were ready to alter too.

• Si
      24th of Jan, 2009

It is very difficult to find jeans with a proper fit. I always have to pay for alterations. In Style magazine wrote a article on makeyourownjeans.com and I decided to give it a try. The jeans are high quality and a great fit.I Thank MYOJ team for being so patient with all the questions I had prior to my first order.They treated me like a king. I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

• Di
      5th of May, 2009

Can someone help me please? I ordered from makeyourownjeans.com a few days ago. When I got to the pay screen and clicked on the pay button it went to a blank white screen. I never got an order number nor a confirmation that my order had even been submitted. I have emailed the company five times and have heard nothing back yet. Any help from anyone who has had experience with this company would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Di

• Ca
      11th of May, 2009

DiJ

Odds are your order did not go through for possibly numerous technical reasons, which may or may not be related to the site. Did you get an email confirmation? I'd try placing the order again.

• Ba
      1st of Jul, 2009

Please be little responsible for the truth on internet.
    Keeping my self.. Please do not throw garbage on internet... & make people corrupt.

makeyourownjeans.com?
    any body can make an excellent web site with the excellent fake reviews... big deal?
    Do you trust websites from the third world?

IF this site is so excellent why do not they have return policy.
    specially where there is no indian consumer protection law.

I bought two cargo pants... Finally what a crap arrived at my home in New York...
    Believe me .. I even did not try single time...

Boot CUT Cargo pants had holes...
    Stitching very poor... Cloth quality is very very poor...
    No comparison with GAP or BANANA REPUBLIC.

I wasted $130 for two pants...
    I could have arranged myself from India this kind of work for a small amount $10 since my family is in INDIA.

Bottom line... Looking for quality... do not do internet shopping from INDIA.
    What a waste of money, I could have contributed that money to child support...

• Ri
      13th of Mar, 2010

I ordered two pairs of jeans. one arrived perfectly done. The other had no front button or buttonhole! When I complained, I was told they would mail me a new button. No mention of what I was supposed to do about the buttonhole. When they finally agreed to repair the jeans, I sent them back. They seem to have lost them. And they refuse a refund. Stay away from these folks.

• Ge
      2nd of May, 2010

I've had no problem with the jeans I ordered. I ordered them to be baggy, the only problem I had is I didn't relize how baggy, baggy can be. I'm going to order another pair boot-cut this time in hopes that it won't be so baggy. I've added a picture showing how well they fit and for someone who is only 5'1 they are pretty darn good.

• Jr
      26th of Jul, 2010

They sent me a pair of jeans that was the wrong color. When I complained, customer service basically said tough luck. I'm, however, one of the lucky ones... from the many complaints regarding makeyourownjeans.com, I can at least wear my jeans. Most can't even wear their jeans. Stay away from this company.

• Rf
      5th of Jan, 2011

TERRIBLE!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! I was excited to try this and took extra time to measure my favorite pair of jeans to make sure they would fit good. I paid $70 for jeans with a thigh meaasurement of 27 inches and got ones with a 20 inch measurement. I could not even pull them up my leg! When I emailed customer service asking for a refund they told me that the measurement was 20 inches and basically called me a liar. After several back and forth emails they then told me to adjust MY measurements and told me to order MORE! Check ther website, there is a reason why there is no refund policy... O AND THE REVIEWS ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS! THEY SCREEN ALL THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS REVIEWS AND ONLY POST 5 STAR REVIEWS! WHAT A SCAM!

• Ad
      5th of Jul, 2016

I ordered a super stretch classic blue jean a pants (order # 85419) on February 2016. I received it on March 2016, Today July 1 2016, the tissue of my pants is torn in 2 different zones near the seam. According to the company the pant have ONLY 3 months warranty and they refuse to reimburse or make another pants.
    My pants could not be worn anymore. In my comprehension a pants must have a longer life than 4months!
    Do no buy your jeans on MakeYourOwnJean!