Maisie Mavenflat iron steam hair straighteners

G Oct 19, 2017 Review updated:

I wish to make a complaint and return your product for a refund. When I finally received my straighteners I was bitterly disappointed in their performance. The hot plates heated up but the steam facility is non existent. Even after the plates being on and in use for 30 minutes, did not straighten my hair as well as my regular straighteners do. I found after 45 minutes of use there was a vague puff of steam once or twice no matter how I held them. I am so completely disapointed and let down by this product having trusted them alone to go to a convention in brighton, instead of sleek straight hair I got a partially frizzy mess which completely ruined my look.

I want my money back please.

Gemma monks.

Comments

• C
      Oct 19, 2017

Don't hold your breath; they will not contact you. Many of us have had the same complaint. I received, not the ReoPro straightener advertised on Facebook, but the Deyusheng DYS Styler. It produced no steam. At first, when I emailed Maisie Maven, they asked me to send them a video, to which I did. Then no contact. I emailed them again, and they stated it takes 10 tries to get the steam working. I tried 30 tries, and still no steam. I finally filed a claim with PayPal, and they said I am entitled to a refund, but I must send it back to the Seller, and send it by tracking information. That will cost me more than the $79.99 that I paid for it, since I live in England and the Seller is in China. I would even be happy with a replacement, as long as it is the ReoPro and the steam works.

There are bad reviews all over the internet.

• C
      Oct 19, 2017

There are bad reviews all over the internet.

• I
      Feb 07, 2018

I have had the same problem. It worked initially for about 4 weeks (I used it probably about 1-2 times a week) and then no steam. The straighteners are cheaply built and the instructions are barely in English (a cheap photocopied piece of paper). I am disgusted that they can con us like this. I noticed they had the hair gel item on amazon - I think we should all complain to amazon not to promote or sell their items!

• N
      Jan 08, 2019

My husband ordered this for me and we "finally" received it today; however, when I tried it out, the steamer part is not working. The setting is on full stream and there is absolutely nothing coming out of the unit. It is completely filled with plain water as the instructions stated.
    How do we go about getting a replacement unit?