Magnavox / 37& LCD Television Not Working

1 P. O. Box 671539Marietta, GA, United States
Phone: 18007052000

03/07/09 I purchased a Magnavox LCD 37 HDTV in Dec. of 2006 from Sears in Houston Texas. The model # is: 37MF231D/37. On the morning of June 12th, 2008 I turned the TV on and got no picture or sound only a red blinking light for about 5 minutes and then the TV turned on. I unplugged it from the wall for about 10 minutes, plugged it back in and got the same response. I called Magnavox customer care and explained everything. We attempted some routine troubleshooting which I had already done. Then she informed me that the TV was out of warranty. She suggested a repair shop VTS in Houston and said there was nothing else she could do. She gave me a reference # and the conversation ended. After taking the TV to the repair shop they told me that main circuit board had to be replaced which would cost $400.00. It's costing over half what I paid for the TV just to repair it. There's something that just doesn't add up with that.
Since that time I have read up on a lot of problems that other consumers who purchased the same or similar LCD TV's from Magnavox have experienced. Mostly all of these problems have occurred after the warranty expired and 2 years or less from purchase of the TV's. I feel that there is some type of defect in these types of TV's that Phillips is aware of. I called Phillips again today to ask to speak with someone in the complaints dept. I was informed that there is no complaint dept where they are, but gave me an address in Marietta, Georgia. Which after reading all the complaints on the internet I know that won’t accomplish any good. I have since then, e-mailed my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I am awaiting their reply. I think more people should complain to them, maybe something will get done.

I am very disappointed in Philips products with the slow service on their products. I will probably never again buy any Philips or Magnavox product in the future or recommend to anyone. I am looking at the option of getting my money refunded by Philips for the TV or will be filing a small claims suit at the local court for the damages and waste of my time.