Magic Wand Weddings / Took my money no product

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I placed an order with this company for wedding place cards. They took my money the next day and I never received my product. They never returned phone calls, emails or the live chat. Please beware of this company. BBB grades them an F. Stay away.

Comments

• Km
      28th of Aug, 2008

I absolutely agree. I ordered containers for a bridal shower and I could not reach anyone through customer service. My credit card was charged the next day and the product was never sent. I too looked them up on BBB, and they are rated horribly with numerous similar complaints. Why is this company still in business? There ought to be something that can be done to stop them and to refund many angry customers. They are stealing - stay away and tell your friends to stay away.

23rd of Sep, 2008

Do not use this company. I tried to save money, but ended up getting scammed. I ordered 60 personalized place cards and table cards for my wedding.

1) They charged me for 90 placecards, even though they were only asked to personalize 60 (per my request). Why was I charged for 30 extra?
    2) They mailed me an empty Fedex package!!! I have the weight of the Fedex package to prove it. It was empty! They tried to blame Fedex, but the package was not torn or damaged at all. It was perfectly sealed, and when I opened it, it was EMPTY! It was too early to remedy the situation through them, so I had to get them emergency done through Papyrus. I owe Papyrus big time because they saved my wedding. The worst part is magicwandweddings refused to refund me or acknowledge anything. I kept emailing and calling them, no response.

I deserve to get refunded the whole order, because it was a total scam. BUT they wouldn't even credit me for the extra 30 placecards they "magically" claimed I ordered! DO NOT USE THIS MAGIC WAND WEDDINGS OR YOU WILL BE SORRY ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!

• La
      30th of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem--ordered placecards for my wedding that said on the website they were printer friendly. They came in little packs with no printing instructions. I have been calling, leaving messages, and e-mailing for over two months and have had no response. I had to order emergency placecards for my wedding. I can't believe this company is still in business and no one has taken the website down.

• L
      3rd of Oct, 2008

IM FURIOUS! I CAN BELIEVE THIS COMPANY/WEBSITE EXISTS! AS I SOON AS I MADE MY ORDER ONLINE I RECEIVED A PURCHASE ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL. I REALLY JUST CLICKED SUMBIT. ITS LIKE AN AUTOMATIC FRAUD. I TOO DIDNT HEAR FROM THEM. I TRIED EMAIL, LIVE CHAT (WHICH IS ALWAYS OFFLINE/LEAVE MESSAGE IT ASKS) AND LEFT MESSAGES ON THEIR CONTACT NUMBER. A WEEK LATER I WAS ABLE TO HAVE MY BANK DISPUTE IT WITH A REFUND. THIS SHOULD NOT CONTINUE. SPREAD THE WORD.

• Ro
      9th of Oct, 2008

I ordered containers on sept 10, 2008. My card was charge Sept.11, 2008. Its been one month still have not recieved my order via FEDEX that the site says they will ship 2-3 days after the placement.
    I emailed and left several messages and no reply at all !!! Talk about customer service and customer scams !!
    The site is well maintained and well made I can't believe this is a fraud site.
    I have to dispute this with my credit card company.
    Yet I did get a order confirmation # too !! But no shipping confirmation or some sort.

Do not get mislead this is a fradulent site~!!! watch out...

• Kr
      7th of Nov, 2008

i wish i had read this before i ordered! having the same complaint. gotta scramble now to find alternative for baby shower this weekend.

• As
      9th of Sep, 2009

This is unbelievable! I ordered chinese take-out boxes for a candy buffet at my wedding and never received the boxes despite commenting when my event date was. I had to scramble and order boxes from a different website and pay extra to have them shipped overnight. I have tried and tried to reach them via telephone and email with no success. My credit card was charged but it does not look like I'll be getting my order. Isn't there something we can do as disappointed customers?

• Ks
      25th of Aug, 2010

I just ordered chinese takeout boxes for my wedding favors, I got them 9 days after they were ordered and they were exactly as described...after I saw the bad reviews I e-mailed the company and got a response within 48 hours and they stated that bad customer service was from back in 2006 when they were under different management. I would use their site again in a heartbeat!

• Ta
      25th of Aug, 2010

if that is the case ksmiles then why are there complaints from 2008 and 349 days ago?

• Va
      11th of Jan, 2011

I just ordered something for my wedding in February and received it in 3 business days. In fact the place cards I ordered were better than I had expected. I would recommend them to any of my friends.

• Ti
      11th of Apr, 2011

I ordered some things for my wedding and they never arrived. They are very unprofessional and the whole thing is a scam!!

• Ti
      11th of Apr, 2011

I called for my money back and they have a yet to get back with me. Ill will never order anything from them and will tell everyone about them!!

• Da
      9th of Sep, 2015

I would have to disagree with these posts. My experience was absolutely fantastic, I cannot say enough about Magic Wand Weddings! Claire was amazing to work with, the cards came quickly, and the design and paper materials are lovely. We've gotten a lot of great feedback as our wedding guests have received these.

Claire was delightful to work with, answering questions promptly, and going back and forth with me on design until every piece was perfect. She was willing to customize for no additional charge.

The turnaround time between my feedback and the new designs was very reasonable with each iteration, and then the ship time was within what's posted on the site.

When we did get the cards, they were beautiful. Exactly as they had been pictured and on perfect, weighted paper.

Skyline is beautiful and tasteful, entire set mails for a single stamp. Would definitely order again!!

• Sh
      14th of Sep, 2015

My experience with them was amazing. I was dealing with another vendor who I had already purchased an item and she didn't not follow through. She left me stranded and I needed to get my invites out ASAP! Magic Wands expedited my order and really cared to help me get my invites out. Thank you for helping me out! A wedding could be very stressful already, and u guys really saved me!xoxo