Magic Bullet / Does not work as advertised

The Magic Bullet is advertised on TV as being able to slice, dice, puree and all sorts of things. In reality, it is an extremely expensive, poorly constructed mini- blender that lacks even basic blending abilities. It cannot chop or dice any solid food, it simply purees everything into an unappetizing wet mush. The only thing it seems to be able to do ok is make milkshakes or smoothies, but my 25 year old regular blender still does a better job at that. Plastic drive parts wear out and break quickly, and if you try to get replacements from the company, they treat you as if you were a criminal trying to steal their designs. Yeah, I really want to steal this design which breaks after a couple uses.

For the price charged for this thing, it is easily the worst home appliance / gadget I have ever purchased. Would be a bad deal at 1/4 the price.

Comments

• Sc
      26th of Jan, 2010

The first magic bullet I had was great and after about 2 years the base lost it's power and so I called for a replacement motor. It cost me around $20 wich I thought was fine, but I am now on the 3rd replacement bottom and all three of the motors which they have sent me do not stand up to the first one I had. They have no power at all!!! It is frustrating even when all you have to do is pay the $4 for shipping a new base out to your house!

• Di
      2nd of Apr, 2012

I bought this unit a little over a yr ago. But found that it is substandard. Twice while trying to blend or juice, the blade portion came open and all of my ingredients spilled. Prior to that, I found that I was unable to perform any of the jobs they do in the infomercial, i.e., make chicken salad w/just a few taps. The chicken close to the blade is pureed while the rest of it is pasted to the side in huge chunks. It doesn't chop nuts or shave ice as claimed. I thought there was a problem with the blades and requested replacement blades and I had to pay for it. When I complained about the blender/juicer coming apart, they suggested a replacement part for an additional $10. This has been a waste of my time and money.

• Ve
      9th of Aug, 2013
    Magic Bullet - broken product
    magic bullet
    India

received 2 broken jars from magic bullet, the packet was packed very badly in a thin cardboard box, items just thrown inside the box.the order no is 4352, and amount given was Rs 2700/-. need full refund of the item.

veena dhaddha

• Do
      2nd of Jun, 2014

This has to be the worst blender I have ever purchased. For the amount they charge ($140 AUD) mine lasted 2 weeks before the motor burnt out. All I was trying to do was make a smoothie, all I have done. You also had to stop the bullet a few times and shake it around so it would blend up everything and even after doing that 5 times, it wouldn't blend everything. Don't even consider buying, there are much better out there for the same price

• Ca
      1st of Dec, 2014

My issue is with the promotional company in that I only received one package of the super blast crappola and when I tried the product itselkf neither my wife nor I cared for the taste at all. Called the company to have the "subscription" stopped within my 30 day trial period and when I told them I had received only one package of the super boost stuff they said they would have to send me an affidavit to swear to and sign before I could get the trial stopped. This was well over a week ago and I have yet to receive the affidavit to sign. I'm going to call them momentarily and If i don't post back everything went well. If I do comment again well you know. It means things didnt go so well!

• Bt
      19th of Jan, 2015

I received a Magic Bullet as a Christmas gift. I went online to register the warranty on Christmas day and I paid the $12.?? for the four year extended warranty. I shortly received an email requiring me to send a copy of my receipt to complete the warranty registration. I DO NOT HAVE A RECEIPT. IT WAS A GIFT!!!. I called the customer service number and explained to them that it was a gift and I did not have a receipt. They told me that my warranty period would begin on the date of manufacture (sometime in April or May of 2014) instead of Christmas day. More than half of my warranty period was gone immediately. I was not happy but there was nothing I could do about it. Last friday January 16, 2014, the blades locked on ice and the base gear turned to white dust. I filed a warranty claim online an received an email requiring me to send in a copy of my receipt. I already spent 15 minutes on the phone discussing my lack of a receipt with the customer service rep and was assured that my warranty was effective as of April or May 2014! Without sending in my receipt now I get NO warranty replacement! I found replacement gears online for under $10. I called customer service and cancelled my warranty service request, and requested a refund of my purchase of the 4 year service contract extension. DO NOT BUY THE BULLET!!! It is a poor quality product and its warranty is less than a joke!

• Ro
      23rd of Feb, 2015

My issue is the rubber bottom keeps rubbing down until it will not turn, now on my 3rd blade. It worked great for 4 months and now I feel like throwing it in the garbage.

• Di
      1st of May, 2015

I am on my third magic bullet. I have loved everyone that I had, but wore them out using them daily. I just got one a couple months ago, and it does not seat into the appliance. It has stripped two blender attachment so far. Never had a problem getting them to sit in before. But I tried to seat it before I plug it in, and the old way where you just put it on and press down on it goes. It keeps stripping the blade attachment. This one is totally useless! Totally feel like I wasted my money! Will not buy another magic bullet!

23rd of Sep, 2015

Well I spend almost 10min trying to crush ice coffee. Fruit smoothies are smooth except sometimes with less juice or liquid it's difficult to blend. It does not blend completely without some form of liquid. I couldn't make salsa. I couldn't blend chicken for chicken salad. Used every day the most twice a day(family use). Have been reducing usage to every other day. Had it for almost a month and the rubber on button is chipping off, also forming some white powder. The motor seems to be wearing out? I just notice a burning smell. Yes followed directions as to not leave it blending more than a minute and pausing shaking it in between so it can incorporate. I can't find my receipt and regret not buying the warranty.