MAACS Uniforms` / Bad service!

1 57 Ingersol DrPortland, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-667-3964

MAACS.com claims to have good customer service and to be reliable. From my experinece this is not even close to the truth. On 09-20-07 I ordered a set of ABU and never got them. I called several times and finally on 12-15-07 I spoke with someone who finally canceled the order which was a lie. I had to e-mail and call several more times and on 12-31-07 I received an e-mail stating they had canceled my order again and that I would have the charges on my credit card reversed. I still have never been reimbursed my money and no one will call me back. This company has no business claiming that "We want you to be completely satisfied with the products and services we provide, so if for whatever reason you are not pleased we will be happy to exchange, refund or offer store credit for your purchase (within 30 days, minus shipping/handling fees)." This was taken off their website and should be removed. If you do not want any problems stay away from this company. I have spoken with many people and I am not the only one that feels this way.

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2008

I have had almost the same experience with MAACS. I ordered two sets of ABU, boots, and all nametapes, badges, stripes, etc., from MAACS on 6 Aug 07. After countless e-mails requesting the status of this order, then cancellation and refund requests, I have yet to get a single response from MAACS. I am stationed overseas and am only using e-mail (addresses provided through their website) to contact them as I do not want to add international call charges to this problem. MAACS owes me $383.14 and I have yet to hear a word from them (outside of the two initial order/billing accepted e-mails). I have filed a fraud complaint with my credit card company and another complaint through the Maine BBB. I will also be filing a complaint with GSA, DOD, USAF, USA, and USMC as all of these government agencies have contracted with MAACS as an official supply point.

I honestly believe that the testimonials on their website are fake.

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I ordered a set of ABU's from Maacs on Jul 7th 2007 and have yet to receive my uniforms or a refund. They will not answer emails or return phone calls. I spoke with them once around early September 2007 for a refund, and have not heard from them since. I have a formal case filed with the Better Business Bureau and hope this will get my $238.95 back. I will be filing a complaint on base also.

31st of Jan, 2008

Same problem, I have called, emailed. Nothing! My card was charged 30 Oct 07, today I'm filling out a form with my Visa. There is a guy at my base that had a good testimonial, so I went ahead and ordered a set, now I'm negitive $109, and wasting time dealing with Visa. Sounds like a class action law suit.

1st of Feb, 2008

All - there is a clear trend. My experience: almost six months ago, on 11 Aug 07, I purchased ABUs/etc. for a little over $350...then, nothing heard..nothing heard (multiple contact attempts--phone/e-mail)..then a couple promises of "soon" mixed in with lengthy periods of nothing heard. I finally cancelled my order on 7 Jan 08 and have yet to receive a refund or a response to my multiple inquiries regarding its whereabouts over the past almost 30 days. I'm headed to the legal office, GSA, etc., next and will inquire about collective action. I will try to e-mail you all, in case you are interested in that path.

6th of Feb, 2008

I have had almost the same exact experience as all of you. I initially ordered 2 sets of ABU's and acessories on 27 Sep 07. During my long wait I sent several emails inquiring about the status of my order and was recieving responses back from MAACS up until about a month ago. Out of frustration, I finally cancelled my order last week and asked for my $298 dollars back. Since then, I have sent multiple emails and left several messages on their answersing service and cannot get a response from them. I'm going to give them until the end of the week and then file a complaint with the BBB and my credit card company as well as speak with base legal. Have any of you received any resolution since you last posted?

• Ju
      13th of Feb, 2008

Wow, here I was thinking it was only me. I ordered my uniforms on 19 October 07, kept getting the run around and finally cancelled in December, two months after my initial order. It was always something, bad fabric, please be patient. Long story short, today is 13 Feb 08 and I still have not received my money. This week I will be filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission for their false advertising- they have the gall to advertise in the military papers that they have the uniforms in stock, the title of the adevertisement is "WHY WAIT". I will also complain to the Maine Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau which the company appears to be a member of. Helen is the customer service representative I have been dealing with. My e-mails are now ignored and trying to get her on the phone is impossible. Now even leaving a message is impossible because her mail box is full. What a disaster this company has turned out to be. I will post the address to all of these agencies later this week when I file my complaint. I encourage others to do the same.

13th of Feb, 2008

It appears I am having the same problem with my order that everyone else is. I placed an order the middle of November. After waiting for almost three months and getting the run around, I sent numerous emails requesting that my order be cancelled immediately. The customer service representative never replied back and my money was never refunded. I have called at least 15 times, but each time I am sent to a mailbox that is always full and not accepting any messages. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and emailed MAACS (since they won't pick up the phone) to let them know. I never got a response back. My guess is they hear this a lot and all complaints are falling on deaf ears. The only part of my order that finally arrived contained my rank (outdated a week later when I was promoted) and two hats... all of which are useless without the uniforms. I don't know how this company keeps getting away with this. I won't let this go and will be looking into legal action.

14th of Feb, 2008

Same here! When I found a set at Keesler AFB, I immediately canceled all but the nametapes. Several days later I got the nametapes in the mail. BUT NO REFUND. Now I'm pissed. Doesn't anyone here live near them in ME and can pay them a "visit". I suggest everyone immediately contact their base legal office and file a complaint. This is ridiculous!

• Ni
      8th of Mar, 2008

We all have learned the hard way. The only items i have recieved from maacs was a rain tab rank and a set of abu pants. I cancelled a fleece jacket and it still got sent to me, i have also requested a refund and have not gotten one. I just filed a bbb complaint 3 days ago and have also filed a complaint with my credit card. Luckily i am going out to boston in july. Im gonna take a little extra time and swing by maacs and give allison a piece of my mind and get my money back.

• Ju
      10th of Mar, 2008

For those of you contemplating complaints, here are the links. Please contact me by the end of March 08 (jocmap726@hotmail.com). I will be calling a former classmate of mine who is an attorney in Maine to see if he can file a claim in the Maine Courts. He is a National Guard JAG and is also involved in various local organizations. The more names I submit to him, the better case it will be. What this company is doing to service members is a complete disgrace, especially for a so called "minority owned and service connected disabled veteran small business". It amazes me that they advertise in the Air Force Times with the "Why Wait" caption! Here are the addresses to send your complaints:

Federal Trade Commission

6883 Commercial Dr.
    Springfield, Va. 22159-0500 USA

• Li
      13th of Mar, 2008

Same problem here! They keep saying they are cutting checks this week and here I am a month later. I filed with the BBB and Maac response was they were going to cut a check Feb 15th. Whats todays date? Are they floating it to us in a bottle? I am ashamed that they bolster they are a Veteran run company... how sad. My husband placed his order in early August....no ABU by Nov and he was deploying in Dec to Iraq. He called and said do you have a date of delievery. They said no and that propper was behind. Well I totally understand if propper is behind... but when we request a refund in Nov we should have gotten no later than the end of Dec. The following emails are who I have been corresoponding with and if you try to call... well all of their mail boxes are full. Except if you call Allisons number and select the vendor option....she states dont leave a message here for a refund... only open mail box so I left a message. I agree that we should all write and complain to any and all offical offices until we get our refunds and they stop doing this to people.

Air Force Wife

Helen@maacs.com
    Allison@maacs.com
    christa@maacs.com

25th of Mar, 2008

I've had the same issue. I ordered uniforms on 2/15, paid for them with my Visa, and still nothing. After no responses to any of my inquiries, both phone and email, I cancelled the order but have not recieved any response from MAACS. That said, I just got off the phone with my Visa company (Bank of America) and they are taking care of the issue. I'll have to wait a few weeks for the $747 to be credited back to my account but at least the protection of using my Visa for the purchase will protect me.

My email to the AF Times will go out today. I'm also going to contact my local JA to see if we can get the word out to folks on my base to stay away from MAACS. I've already passed this on to the 600 folks in my squadron.

• Ss
      31st of Mar, 2008

Maacs strikes again!!! I order two sets of ABU's and boots in late October and here we are about to be April and nothing. I had to deal with that women Christa and for a little while I would get emails and they promised soon, soon, soon. I can't believe I failed for this stupid scam. I also talked to the BBB and found out this company is not even a member. All the BBB can do is put in a request for them to pay, not demand. I have to PCS to Korea in May and I would like to take care of this before I leave. I don't know about all of you but I don't have 430 dollars just laying around. If any one knows anyting that ACTUALLY works to get your money back please, please, please let me know!!

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I have had the same problem !! I ordered uniforms in early January and after many phone calls and emails nothing!! This is unreal! I can't believe that they are getting away with this.

• Sr
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I'm a victim of MAACS fradulent practices. After waiting three months for my set of ABUs, I finally cancelled the order and requested a refund. That was two months ago, and all I get are "the check is in the mail" BS.

If we all filed a complaint, would that constitute a class-action lawsuit?

I'm furious with them and don't care if they get shut down. Bad businesses need to go away.

30th of Apr, 2008

I have had the same problems as everyone else. Already filed complaint with FTC and Maine AG. "Just waiting for the refund..."

• Al
      30th of Apr, 2008

I AM ALLISON MACDONALD, THE OWNER OF MAACS, INC. I CAN BE REACHED DIRECTLY AT 1-866-667-3964 EXT 130.

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR ANY ISSUES YOU HAVE HAD WITH MY COMPANY. I IMPLORE YOU THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED EITHER YOUR UNIFORMS OR A REFUND FROM MY COMPANY THAT YOU CALL OR E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY.

WE HAVE HAD A HORRIBLE TIME GETTING IN ABUS FROM PROPPER EVER SINCE THEY WERE RELEASED IN AUGUST. HOWEVER, THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

AS THE OWNER, IT IS NOW MY ONLY MISSION TO FIX OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEMS AND FILL OR REFUND ANY OUTSTANDING ORDERS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

ALLISON MACDONALD
    OWNER, MAACS INC.

• St
      5th of May, 2008

I am agreeing with all of you up there. I ordered two sets of ABU's back in August 2007. I ordered from them because they stated in stock, that was a lie. I have been going around and around with these people for 10 months. I finally got my ordered canceled Feb 04, 2008 and I was promised a full refund. Its now 3 months later and I still do not have my refund. I keep getting the check is in the mail. I have sent multiple emails and call about two-three times a week and they will not respond. I have filed two complaints with the BBB and they marked the first one satisfied and the second one they just ignored. I see that the owner is trying to make the company back on track and I wonder if I will now get my refund. I would not recommend utilizing their business to anyone that I know.

• Ni
      7th of May, 2008

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against MAACS. In November of 2007 I placed an order for ABUs. To date I have received nothing, they have ignored my emails and Allison MacDonald's mail box is constantly full so she cannot recieve new messages. In a nutshell, I want my $123.00 back IMMEDIATELY.

• Da
      7th of May, 2008

I ordered back in Janaury and went through the exact same thing. I finally called my credit card company to reclaim my money. A company should not charge you until they ship your items. While it is not illegal to do so, it is a poor and uncommon way to do business. I believe they are still taking orders and charging people to clean up the mess they got themselves in. With the number of BBB complaints and the way they run their business, it is a matter of time before they go under. My advice is call your credit card company and they will get your money back. Once Visa, Mastercard, etc. gets enough fraud complaints, they will drop service to the business. After that, they will be out of business. My advice to Allison is to stop taking orders for items she does not have when people are on back order for 6 months. However, she is probably in the Cayman Islands on the beach drinking Pina Coladas. Do not buy from MAACS!

Thanks,