Maacs, Inc / Response from company

1 57 INGERSOL DRPortland, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-667-3964

The following is an update for everyone who has posted on this site:

Emilio rodriquez received full refund 1 / 23
John mathew received full refund
Jordan romberg full refund through credit card

John holloman received 3 separate shipments from us (At no additional charge) and we have no record of your request to cancel your apecs. If you want to cancel simply request it through our ticket system.

Lance leidholm refund check mailed on 5 / 2
Marc miller refund check issued 3 / 20
Kevin holmes refund check issued 3 / 20
Matthew grife refund check issued 3 / 20
Matthew flood refunded $248
Nick praska received refund 3 / 13
Maj minnick full refund through credit card
Ben pierce received refund 1 / 2

The following i can’t help until i have your full name or order number.

J paquin
Mac
Betty joe
Harv
Brandon

The following i don’t have record of, please provide order number.

Ed vindale
Maurice salazar
Bryan white

The following we had no record of cancelation, checks were mailed today for all items not received.

David sadler $76
Thomas fitzgerald $459. 48
Mark spivey $55. 45
Nikki ramsey $123
Tim poling $154. 75
Stephen hallenbeck $191. 18

Nick page in fact received two refunds, one from us via a refund on his card and one from his credit card company in the form of a chargeback.

Allow me to set the record straight. I am in fact a female service disabled veteran and a us citizen. I spent 15 years in uniform serving our country. I also haven't been on a vacation in years despite what is being said.

However, the abu production and delivery fiasco was completely out of our control, were weren't even notified by propper that there was in issue until months later. That being said we at maacs have successfully provided goods and services to tens of thousands of military members in our relatively short history. We were also one of the first companies to start delivering abus commercially the first week of august during our move to a new facility.

We have offered and continue to offer free shipping, free sewing and free equipment to help make up for the delay, all at our expense. We have done two, three and sometime four shipments per order to expedite getting whatever we could to you, again, all at our expense. We have also refunded nearly $200, 000 and counting to customers wishing to cancel.

If you wish to continue to take time out of your busy days to going on smearing my name and my company's name, that is your choice, but i would hope you would at least attempt to use our ticket system located on the customer service page of our website to communicate with us in the future.

As a veteran, i wish you all the best. I hope that whatever endeavour you choose to take part in after your military service goes perfectly. My experience however is that most people don't have the guts to put their own money and time on the line to start their own business

Comments

12th of Jun, 2008

Hi, Allison!

Here's an opportunity for you to demonstrate your integrity.

I've been trying to get a refund for an ABU uniform and other items ordered 17DEC07 (Order Number 36882). You immediately charged my credit card the full amount of $191.24 even though you had no product to ship.

I received an email from Helen on 27MAR08 talking about an industry-wide shortage of ABU fabric and asking me to be patient because my best bet was to stay with you to get my uniform. By that time, my local clothing sales was well-stocked with ABUs, and I cancelled the order on 28MAR08. I received confirmation from Helen that she had forwarded my "request" for a refund to your credit department, and that it usually takes 21 business days to process a redund.

On 05JUN08 (48 business days later), I sent Helen stating I had not received a refund. Helen responded on 06JUN08 referring me to your new ticket system on your website. I opened Ticket #1327 on 06JUN08 and received a response 07JUN08 (24 hours later) telling me the following:

"Due to numerous double refunds being issued (checks from us and chargebacks from credit card company) we ask that you please contact your credit card company to ask for a reversal of the charges. This way we can ensure you receive any monies still owed but that it only processes once."

I called my bank and learned that charges older than 60 days cannot be reversed.

I opened Ticket #1441 on 10JUN08 and informed you that I couldn't reverse the charge. It is now 48 hours later with no response.

So, Allison -- here's your chance to demonstrate that you're the woman of integrity you claim to be:

If and when I receive a full refund (and if it's a check, _after_ it clears), I'll post that information here for all to see. People will be able to see just how quickly you respond, and in what manner. Remember, a posting from _you_ saying you issued me a refund or sent a check doens't cut it -- only a posting from _me_ saying I got it will establish that you actually followed through.

Your move.

13th of Jun, 2008

For everyone following this exchange, the above comment was emailed to allison@maacs.com just after it was posted on 12JUN08. Elsewhere on this site, Allison says(posted 01MAY08):

I AM ALLISON MACDONALD, THE OWNER OF MAACS, INC. I CAN BE REACHED DIRECTLY AT 1-866-667-3964 EXT 130.

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR ANY ISSUES YOU HAVE HAD WITH MY COMPANY. I IMPLORE YOU THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED EITHER YOUR UNIFORMS OR A REFUND FROM MY COMPANY THAT YOU CALL OR E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY.

Calling the number above reaches the maacs.com phone tree; entering extension 130 returns you to the phone tree, it does _not_ reach Allison. I have discovered no phone tree option which reaches _anyone_. Customer Service Ticket #1441 remains OPEN with no response after three days.

As you can see from her comment, Allison has implored me to call and email her directly about my refund. I've done both, entered a Customer Service Ticket, and posted here.

Still your move, Allison.

• Ha
      17th of Jun, 2008

I have now opened 4 seperate tickets for my issue. Once the word refund is mentioned they quickly close it out with no help. I did get one response from Allison but I guess from teh email chain that i have been keeping was enough, because she couldnt tell what i wanted. I replied saying i just wanted my refund and the next time i checked, the ticket was closed. What a sham and total fraud! this company is.

• St
      19th of Jun, 2008

I do not think you can say it is only a handful of people who are not satisfied with your company. If this were the case you would not have stopped selling the ABUs. I do not think you have an ounce of integrity to show for your time and service in the military.

You may consider me wasting my time by telling everyone I know NOT to give their money to your company; however, as a military spouse, I find it my duty to let everyone know that you CAN NOT provide them with the service and products you claim.

We placed an order with you back in Jan. In April we requested a refund. This was before your 'ticket system' was in place and I have little faith in that as well.

TONS of people open a business with their own money. Some succeed and some have failed...you have failed and I will continue to let everyone within my reach know this. Maybe you should realize it isn't money first, it is quality and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

23rd of Jun, 2008

My Dearest, Dearest Allison,

It's now been eleven days since I both emailed and posted the challenge above, with no action on MAACS Customer Service Ticket #1441, which remains OPEN, and no email or any other evidence of action on your part. This in reference to an order placed 17DEC07, and cancelled on 28MAR08. You have not refunded my money, nor have you contacted me or responded to the Customer Service ticket you insist I use.

Let's look at some of the statements you've made on this board:

As previously indicated, the number you have provided as your direct contact line does _not_ reach you. Nor have you responded to my emails, nor have you responded to my customer service ticket.

WE HAVE HAD A HORRIBLE TIME GETTING IN ABUS FROM PROPPER EVER SINCE THEY WERE RELEASED IN AUGUST. HOWEVER, THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Yes. Propper did not have provide ABUs to you in time for you to fill orders. This is no excuse for:

1) Charging my credit card when you did not have product to ship.

2) Keeping my money for six months and refusing to respond to my repeated calls for a refund. The only response I've received from you was the "runaround" response to ticket #1327 that I should have my bank reverse the charge. You know, and I know, and they know that they cannot reverse a charge more than 60 days old. My charge is now over _six months_ old. I agree with you that this is bad customer service. You state that this is bad customer service, you just don't seem to want to do anything about it.

AS THE OWNER, IT IS NOW MY ONLY MISSION TO FIX OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEMS AND FILL OR REFUND ANY OUTSTANDING ORDERS.

If this is your only mission, why have you not responded to any of my emails or my customer service ticket #1441 which remains OPEN with no response for thirteen days?

"I am sorry that the handful of you were not satisfied with the service we provided. I take complete responsibility for how this was handled. The volume of the business we were doing overwhelmed our systems and it took some time to get it under control."

If I am one of only a handful of people, why have you still not issued my refund? If there are only a handful of us, you should be able to take care of our refunds in an afternoon. Which if, as you say, it is your "ONLY MISSION" to do, should be your first priority.

"We have also refunded nearly $200, 000 and counting to customers wishing to cancel."

Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. All I know is that there doesn't seem to be any "and counting" going on in my case, except that you've had my money for six months "and counting."

"Allow me to set the record straight. I am in fact a female service disabled veteran and a US citizen. I spent 15 years in uniform serving our country. I also haven't been on a vacation in years despite what is being said."

You have held on to $191.24 of my money for six months with no result, and with no refund after my cancellation 28MAR08.

Allison -- with respect to getting my money back, please understand the following:

1) I don't care what's between your legs.

2) I don't care that you are disabled.

3) I don't care what disability you have.

4) I don't care if you're a U.S. Citizen who served her country for 15 years, except in one respect -- if you did, I am embarrassed for our country and our military based on your current business practices.

5) I'll leave this one as an exercise -- see if you can figure out whether or not I care if you've been on a vacation.

"If you wish to continue to take time out of your busy days to going on smearing my name and my company's name, that is your choice, but I would hope you would at least attempt to use our ticket system located on the Customer Service page of our website to communicate with us in the future."

I have attempted every method of communication including your ticket system with no result. I don't believe anyone here is smearing you, Allison, they're simply reporting your behavior. If you think this makes you look bad, you're right.

"As a veteran, I wish you all the best. I hope that whatever endeavour you choose to take part in after your military service goes perfectly. My experience however is that most people don't have the guts to put their own money and time on the line to start their own business"

What an interesting swipe at your dissatisfied customers. Most of us don't have the "guts" you do? I'll agree, in that few of us would have the "guts" to take money from our brothers and sisters in arms and provide no goods, services, or refunds in return. And it seems to me that it's _OUR_ money you're keeping on the line to run your business. And as to how you spend your time, it certainly doesn't seem to involve issuing refunds, which you stated, again, was your "ONLY MISSION."

If you don't like what I posted above, Allison, please explain why I still don't have my refund. But don't say you have no record of my cancellation, you have several. Don't say it's Propper's fault, they didn't charge my credit card, _you_ did. And don't say you're just a poor victim of circumstance--the facts don't support it.

So here we are, Allison. It's still your move.

Note: To those following this exchange, the above text was sent to allison@maacs.com just after it was posted 23JUN08.

24th of Jun, 2008

No response on Customer Service Ticket # 1441 after fourteen days. The following was sent to allison@maacs.com, helen@maacs.com, and christa@maacs.com on 24JUN08:

To Whom It May Concern,

Current Customer Service Ticket #1441 filed 10JUN08 with no response in fourteen days and counting.

In reference to repeated attempts at communication with your company re: Order Number 36882 placed 17DEC07 and cancelled 28MAR08, you have until 1700 EST Friday, 27JUN08 to contact me regarding this issue.

If I do not hear from you by 1700 EST Friday, 27JUN08, I will be filing fraud complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Maine Attorney General's Office, and the GSA Contracting Office with the recommendation that your contract be revoked.

Additionally, if I do not RECEIVE a full refund for this order, I will be filing fraud complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Maine Attorney General's Office, and the GSA Contracting Office with the recommendation that your contract be revoked.

Additionally, I will submit documentation to every publication in which you advertise recommending that they no longer accept your advertising.

I am uninterested in apologies, justifications, explanations, or any other lies. Confine any communication to the issuing of my refund.

CPT JAMES C. WILLIS

26th of Jun, 2008

Yesterday, 25JUN08 at 5:47pm EST I received the following email from allison@maacs.com:

__________________
    Dear CPT

I am sorry for the delay in your refund. We will send a check to you this week. Please tell me what address you would like us to send it to.

I apologize for any offense you took from my post on Complaints.com
    __________________

I responded with my mailing address. I will post further information when the check arrives and clears.

• Li
      27th of Jun, 2008

What a crock! Its really sad that you say you are a disabled veteran yet look how your company is treating people. Then to be totally unprofessional you post peoples names on this site with the refunds that your company should have done months ago. You riped off my husband a year ago and we have requested numberous times via email, phone, BBB and now the Attorney generals office to get our money out of your crappy company. You have been blamming proper which is funny since you told us back in Nov of 2007 that proper was behind and that when we requested a refund... so where is it??? Proper has nothing to do with the refund thats all you, and yet knowing proper was behind... way behind... you still took new ordered and riped more people off in Jan 08, what is your problem. I do not need to fill out another complaint tag on your site or email or call you to give you my order number, you have that and are well aware that we need a refund. You have also riped off some young airmen at our base one for 500.00 how do you sleep at night???

28th of Jun, 2008

26JUN08 I received the following email from noreply@maacs.com regarding customer service ticket #1441:

___________________

James Willis,

Our customer support team personnel has replied to your support request #1441

check is going out to your PO Box on Monday.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support request and responses.
    ___________________

I will update as the situation unfolds.

• Ni
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I recieved my refund from maacs after 2 months of arguing with my credit card company and finally getting my money back through them. MAACS is a crock, dont waste your money. BDU.com and epropper.com have 100 times better customer service and products actually on hand.

• Er
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I am another unhappy customer of Allison's
    SCAM I ordered In april of 2008 and she
    Imediately charged my credit card and still
    no product her ticket system Is a complete joke. If she Is a veteran As I have my doubts
    No veteran would treat other veteran's like she Is

• Ra
      7th of Jul, 2008
    M.A.A.C.S - refuse to refund money

Ordered ABU's in January, never heard from them so I cancelled my order in May2008, and have yet to have anyone responnd back to me about refunding my money, $152.57.
    I have contacted our jAG office to file a official complaint and am seeking legal action against them, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Er
      9th of Jul, 2008

I suggest we get a class action suit going against Allison MacDonald to see If we can recoup our money. I personally think The So
    Called female disabled veteran will file bankrupcy and leave every one of us holding the bag.I can't believe that this wanabe
    female thought that she could get away with this scam. I think 30 years In a federal
    Prison might do her some good.

14th of Jul, 2008

As of 1700 Saturday, 12JUL08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed on Monday, 30JUN08 has _not_ arrived.

16th of Jul, 2008

The order I placed back in October 2007 is order # 30684..have submited 3 tickets now, on top of filing a complaint with the BBB in Maine, and now going through...Office of Attorney General Consumer Protection Division State of Maine. I placed an order worth over $600 and only received $100 worth of product(my boots). I'd post the e-mail traffic I have, but that would take up TOO much space here. I've been promised product and refund...but still have nothing.

21st of Jul, 2008

Allison,

I placed an order (#27064) on 18 August 2007. This was for two (2) Airman Battle Uniforms (ABU). In October 2007, I downgraded my order to one (1) ABU top, and one (1) ABU bottom. I received the refund for the parts of the order I cancelled. I have waited almost one year now for my order to be fulfilled. I have asked at least once a month since then the status of my order. I was told each time that you were expecting a sizeable shipment from Propper later that week or the following week, and expected that my order would be shipped within one week. I finally got fed up with being given the run around, and since I had gotten my uniforms through other companies, I cancelled my order in March. I have since to receive my refund. I have sent numerous e-mails, and opened numerous tickets. For one week in May, every ticket I opened was closed within 12 hours, with no response. I was told in early June that my refund check would be sent within the week. Here it is, over a month later, and I still have no refund check. I can't reach anyone on the phone, and the latest ticket I opened (2463) has been open for over a week now, with no response. The ticket before that (2017) was open for over two weeks with no response, and closed last week.

You keep passing the blame onto Propper for the uniform outages. I have seen these problems affect other companies, but not nearly to the extent that your company claims. Nor have I ever seen a company take so long giving back a refund. I have since filed a BBB complaint, to no end. While I was filing my complaint, I saw that MAACS, Inc. has received over 330 complaints within the last year, with the majority of them dealing with failure to provide service or refunds, and with customer service issues. The vast majority of those went unresolved on the company's end.

In my estimation, MAACS, Inc. has failed to meet the expectations of customers. This is not just a dissatisfied few; every person whom I have spoken to that ordered a uniform through MAACS, Inc. is completely dissatisfied with your service. I am grateful that you have since stopped selling the uniform on your site, since you cannot fulfill orders like you promised. Now you need to give people back the money you stole from them. I know that with my $82 I am one of the more fortunate ones, as I didn't have a whole lot to loose. I don't know what is going on, but you need to do better. I, as well, am in the process of filing a complaint with the Maine Attorney General's Office. I doubt that that will do any good, but I can hope.

Since you claim that you are so committed to those who still serve in the uniform, do your part. Fulfill the orders you have, and give the money back to those that want it. It shouldn't take 21 days (or a year) for someone's refund to be processed.

I look forward to having your reply, and my check in the mail, very shortly.

• Ki
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Allison (MAACS, Inc.),

After months of unacceptable customer service regarding my original order (Ticket No. 40825), I requested a refund of all non-shipped items on 01 July. To date I have not received ANY acknowledgement that my request is being addressed let alone actually receiving a refund.

I have submitted three separate requests via your new ticket system because the first two tickets were deleted without reason. The most recent ticket was opened seven days ago and has not received a response from anyone in your company.

After reading the testimonies on this site, I too must agree that this is the worst case of poor business practices I have ever encountered. Your company has deliberately misled its customers, failed to provide paid-for services and equipment, and ultimately inadequately issued refunds for your failures.

I am an extremely reasonable person and have been more than patient and accommodating with your company. However, I have never been treated with such disrespect as to be completely ignored when your company owes me more than $400.

I have an incredibly hectic schedule and better things to do with my time, but do believe it is every victim’s responsibility to speak out to prevent others from experiencing similar fates. This is why I am posting on this site. This is why I will continue to warn every other servicemember I know to never use your company. This is why I am filing a complaint against your company with the BBB. And this is why I will be consulting the Attorney General’s office of how to issue a more formal complaint and attempt to recuperate a portion of the lost funds.

In the end it isn’t about the money, it is about doing what is right. I am sincerely sorry this matter could not be handled in a more appropriate manner.

Respectfully,
    Capt Kim Fallon

• Ca
      28th of Jul, 2008

I agree with the previous statement . I would like everyone to know : PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY . YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR MERCHANDISE THAT YOU PAID FOR AND THEN GET THE "RUNAROUND" WHEN YOU INQUIRE ABOUT THE ITEMS . I JUST THOUGHT AS A MILITARY SERVICE MEMBER ...THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ME ! How naive right ?

• Ca
      30th of Jul, 2008

Well I suppose after posting here about my complaint with the ABU issue, it must have caused "the company" to totally disregard my inquiries. Yes...I'm a victim too . I can't seem to get any response from them at all now. I went to the Customer Service ticket area after I was told that I would hopefully receive my shipment in 7 -10 days . That was 21 June 2008 ... Ticket #1062 Order #39272.
    After a month...22 July 2008 and no items ! I write Customer Service rep via e-mail and they send me this response : I'm sorry we do not have your size in stock, etc. That is why I posted the statements previously. If someone has received any merchandise let me know please.
    Miss Allison @ MAACS, inc why are you avoiding this issue ? Even the people that want refunds aren't receiving them.BOGUS !

Carl Morgan

10th of Aug, 2008

As of 09 Aug 08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed to me on 30 Jun 08 has _not_ arrived.