Lucille Roberts / unjust firing of cindy yearwood from lucille roberts

1 1541 Pitkin Avenue Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-498-7300

I have been trying to reach out to Lucille Roberts based on the firing of Cindy Yearwood (instructor) by Angela (district manger of Pitkin Brooklyn). First off, it was unlawful, and unprofessional. Angela fired Cindy because she was teaching a class with a hood on which part of her workout outfit as stated by the people who was in ear shot of her reprimanding Cindy in the front open area. Those people went on to say that Angela spoke very nasty to Cindy and all Cindy told Angela was OK. They also said Cindy asked who she was because she NEVER saw Angela for the year she worked at Pitkin ave Brooklyn. Then recently I called the location and the manager Rashanda answered the phone. She was very nasty and GHETTO on the phone she basically told me Cindy was fired and spoke loudly saying, "AND SHE IS NEVER COMING BACK." In addition, the story changed and Angela said Cindy was dressed in appropriately and spoke to Cindy several times. The women never saw Cindy until that day. How come she told her that? The matter was never appropriately investigated. (Workers for the company informed me) They just had a meeting with the managers and Angela passionately expressed that she do not want Cindy working and for all the locations she worked at, the managers must take her off the schedule. Angela sealed her fate.
Angela the district manager and Rashanda the Manager set Cindy up to get fired because of personal reasons. I have been a member of the gym for a very long time and I watched the evil people in action when the want to fire people. If they are investigated they will see that they fired instructors in the past because they did not like them.
Barbara Palante was sent petitions with about 300 signatures but she have done nothing to reach out to the members. There are two side to every story and both side need to be listened to. The managers got there meeting. How about listening to the other side of the story?
Cindy is one of the best instructors Lucille Roberts ever had. She should not have been fried because of Angela's and Rashanda’s personal feeling. It is unjust and unlawful. We the members will fight to the end. Good always prevail over evil.
Lucille Roberts Members

Comments

• Js
      29th of Jun, 2010

I'm sorry to hear about what happened but I can understand.

I was applying for a job at the location of Kings Highway Brooklyn & I 've been trying to meet Angela but for
    a position but after reading this, I'd rather look else where.

I was supposed to meet Angela & spoke to her on the phone but everytime I arrived..she was never there. A girl Charmaine, at the desk telling me she was never there . I was told by Angela to be there at noon & when I got there Charmaine told me there were no interviews being conducted at all that day with other people waiting in the lobby.

Thank goodness for your article it made me think twice on applying.I I would want to work with people like this!

29th of Jun, 2010

oops I mean would want to work with ppl like this!

OMG WOULDN'T !!!

• Ke
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Cindy was fired because she missed several classes and didn't bother to get coverage. She was also very disrespectful. Management was aware of the fact that she taught great classes and obviously didn't want to jeoparadize that but it got to the point where it was getting out of hand. Cindy was warned on several occasions that her behavior was unacceptable but she continued what she was doing. I understand that when this happened some of the members were very upset but there are always two sides to every story. Remember that management has to make decisions that are in the best interest of the gym and it's members. Employees have to realize that there are rules and regulations that they must follow. I hope this sheds more light on the situation and people who read this will be able to draw their own conclusion.

• 32
      24th of Mar, 2012

this company don't care for there employee all they care about it money they treat there maintenance crew like slave over work them and fire them with the most dump excuse and if an employee is out sick they have to look for coverage and that employee has to pay them from there pocket in top of that they have no health coverage or sick day and employee that work 28 hours are not entitle to vacation ... this company is the worst company to work for Angela and Barbara don't care about no one but there self and haw many member sign up a day...