Lightspeed Consumer Panel / Ignores emails, provides no assistance, possible fraud!

I have sent Lauren.us@lightspeed.com NO LESS than 20 emails, asking for HELP on various things!! I have NEVER ONCE gotten a reply!!
I have been taking surveys for a few months now, and was planning on trying to build up my points more before redeeming, but now that I am finding more negative things about this site and Lauren, I may try redeeming immediately!! But I have a BAD feeling that I will NEVER see the reward!! I will update you on my complaint here once something happens, to tell you whether I get anything or not!
But regardless of the reward, this site, and Lauren, are HORRIBLE!! They provide NO assistance or customer service in ANY WAY!!!

STAY AWAY from Lightspeed Consumer Panel!!!

More Lightspeed Consumer Panel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Am
      31st of Oct, 2008

Lightspeed had always been one of my favorites. It offered the best compensation in points (translated to money or merchandise) for your time. I received the rewards promised and Lauren (who I don't think is a real person) at one time DID respond promptly to emails. However things seem to have changed and I've had some problems. A few days ago was the last straw.

Several times over the last few months I would receive an email invite to a survey, click the link and instead of being taken to a survey I’m taken to a page saying I’ve already started this survey and cannot participate. After this happened a couple of times I emailed Lauren, who NEVER responded.

A few days ago I received an offer of a 500 point survey, which I completed. At the end I was presented with an offer to complete part two for an additional 2000 points, of course I accepted.

I spent over an hour and at the end when I submitted the survey I found myself on the login page, not logged in. I logged in and checked my account and was NOT credited with the points. I emailed Lauren and got a reply today that made it obvious she didn’t really read my email as my specific concern was not addressed.

I’m wondering if they are going down the road of some of the other survey companies.

There’s over an hour of my life I won’t get back. So now I’m hesitant to participate in their surveys in the future.

• Ka
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I've been a Lightspeed Panel member for several years. I'd always received a prompt reply to any foul-ups or questions I've had in the past.

However, I recently realized that I hadn't heard a peep from them to participate in any surveys for ages. I logged on and checked my account and found that I haven't been sent any survey offers since April of this year. The quick surveys don't work either.

I think they've gone down the tubes. It would be nice if they indicated they were out of commission on their web page.

• Br
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Just an update to my earlier complaint! I found the corporate website that owns Lightspeed, and emailed a complaint through that site! In my complaint I asked that if someone wanted to contact me about my complaint and the issues I had been having, I would like anyone BUT Lauren to contact me! A few days later I finally got an email... from Lauren!
    So, first, she won't respond to anyone's emails. Then when I ask for anyone BUT her to contact me, she is the one who replies! How ironic! Her reply to me was a joke, and one thing she talked about was having SO many emails to respond to, it can take her some time to get to all of them! I responded telling her that the problems with that are: 1, she doesn't EVER respond, because I had sent too many emails to count over a 3-4 month period and she ignored EVERY single one of them! And 2, if someone is having an issue/problem with a survey they are taking, they need a response RIGHT AWAY, otherwise the survey will close and a reply a week or a month later is pointless! And 3, if she has TOO many emails for her to reply to, then they need to have additional people helping to answer the emails!!
    I personally had errors, issues, or some type of problem with over 75% of the surveys I QUALIFIED for! That is wrong! I had SO many surveys that I qualified for, and finished at least 50%, many I was ALMOST done, and then an error happens, and I get NOTHING for all that time I spent answering!
    Needless to say, after getting the unprofessional response from Lauren, I cashed out the small amount I had to a Paypal reward, and was AMAZED when I actually GOT IT! Then as soon as the money was in my account, I canceled my Lightspeed account and have not been back since!
    So even though they may pay their Paypal rewards, they have SO many issues with their surveys, and they have absolutely NO support or customer service, that it just isn't worth it! If you are lucky enough to qualify for many surveys AND not encounter errors, issues, incorrect/invalid responses, etc, then it might work for you! For me, not only does the errors and issues make me want to stay away, but also the totally unprofessional behavior of Lauren makes this site one to avoid in my opinion!

• Av
      7th of Dec, 2008

I have the same problem.. i've been a member for about a year and a half.. it's like walking through tar most times but eventually you do get paid.. though they pay much less than other companies. But the lack of customer service is amazing.. i've never once had a returned email. They just do not answer their mail.

• Du
      15th of Jan, 2009

I too have been a panelist for several years. Until this year, all my emails were answered promptly and any problems I had were addressed immediately. I have received several rewards (mostly PayPal) which have been redeemed and posted to my account very quickly. It seems that something has changed there this year. I have lost alot of points (the big ones) on surveys I completed and I sent alot of emails to no avail.
    Now, I have noticed (on the 7 day survey I'm doing now) that "Lauren's" email say one thing about point amount but when you start the survey, it says something else. In the past 5 days, I have sent 4 emails...no answers. Ex: Email says to compleat 6 daily entries to receive bonus points, site says 5. The reason I bring this up is because I have not been able to access the 6th survey entry since it started!
    My biggest concern is that this survey is through the same organization that I lost all my larger point rewards with! How do I know? Everytime I do one of their surveys, at the end (where you're suppose to be taken back to the members' page) I have been transferred to their website (starts with Con- and ends with -it)! If I get screwed out of the points this time (500 per day), I think I'm going to lodge a formal complaint. I'm getting the log entry rewards, but none of the bonus rewards have shown up yet.

• Ji
      5th of Nov, 2009

I redeemed for 25 dollar e-certificate and supposibly am supposed to recieve this in 24-48 hours.
    Well it has been a couple weeks and ive got nothing.
    no response to emails, which i didnt expect anyways.
    On the lightspeed sight, it claims my points have been "redeemed"...does this mean they think ive recieved the certificate???

how do i contact these lightspeed ppl? is there anything that can be done?

• El
      14th of Nov, 2009

I am learning a hard lesson with Lightspeed too. I have redeemed my points and received only one e-certificate but no the 2nd e-certificate. I have e-mailed Lauren (who can't be a real person) but receive no response. I know Lightspeed doesn't care but I feel ripped off and feel like there is nothing I can do. I'm just screwed!!! I would like to resign but feel like they owe me the merchandise and know I'll never get it if I resign----I kind of doubt I get it anyway. But at least I know I'm not the only one who has been scammed, just a little dumber than most it took me 3 years to accumulate enough points to get $15.00 worth of e-certificates and I'm only going to get a stinking $5.00 e-certificate for all the hours I spent giving Lightspeed my opinion. Lightspeed needs to be shut down!!!

• Me
      21st of Jun, 2010
    Lightspeed Consumer Panel - Deception
    LightSpeed Consumer Panel

I spent over 30 minutes on a survey for LightSpeed Consumer Panel. At the beginning of the survey, it said I would receive 400 points for completing the survey that took about 30 minutes. I didn't receive any points after spending over 30 minutes on the survey.

• Re
      15th of Aug, 2010

This is extremely maddening. It seems like everyone(me included)has the same issues with completing hours of surveys only to be brought to the sign in page at the end. When I sign in, the survey I completed does show as available, so I try to access it and it says I've completed it already. However, I never get any points. This problem and the other type where new surveys say I've completed them are happening FAR too often and the replies from $%^&* 'Lauren' are unhelpful or, more commonly, nonexistent. I want compensation for all the surveys I have completed, but their technical messups constantly deprive me of.

• Ro
      16th of Sep, 2010

yes me to have been a lightspeed costomer panel for over a year, and constant ignored emailsso i thought i would resign so i redeemed my points to the catalogue for a garden tool and i still have not recieved this what is a girl to do

• Re
      10th of Oct, 2010

I have no issues with lightspeed panel, have been recievin my pays through pay-pal it usually takes 2 weeks and i usually get 2 survey invites a day.

• Ni
      20th of Oct, 2010

Just talked to lightspeed panel about some of the complaints that I have had and that others on your site have had at 1-877-839-5030. They say that things will start geting better like they use to be very soon they just bought TNS "MySurvey" and they gave me an e-mail to send the "no points for taking" coplaints it is bwalsh@lightspeedpanel.com. I hope that this helps.

• Ge
      29th of Dec, 2010

i am a member of consumer panel the only complaint i have is sometimes when i get an offer for a survey and when i spend the time to take the survey then at the end it says sorry you do not qualify it has done that on the 500 point surveys and i do not think that is rigth when they do that to people i think that is misleading.

• Mo
      8th of Jan, 2011

Most of their surveys offer 75 points which equals around $0.65. You spend 5-10 mins just to get a page saying "You did not qualify." IF you qualify, most surveys take 20 minutes or more. So, basically you get $0.65 for 20 minutes of your time (less than $2/hr!) What a JOKE! People, do the math first with these survey sites. You waste HOURS on surveys just to be told you don't qualify. They take all your info, yet don't pay. Most legit survey companies send you surveys that you DO qualify for based on your info given. The screener may take a couple minutes, but 10-15 minutes??? That's what Lightspeedpanel.com does . MOST IMPORTANTLY...Lightspeed often does not give points or you almost finish a survey, and it has an error. I emailed cust. service FIVE times about not getting pts for one survey. NO RESPONSE!!!
    I ended my account! MY TIME IS WORTH MORE THAN $1.50/hr