Le Chateau Monroe / Poor Business Policy

I bought $300 worth of merchandise. It never saw the light of day outside of the store. I returned it a week later for insignificant reasons. I am refused a refund!!! I was not told verbally I would NOT be able to have a refund shall I return the items. I'm told (when I complain) that there are 'signs' at the till. I am told "not issuing refunds works best for the customer, as they then have the opportunity to choose something else"... GOOD GRIEF! Issue refunds when customers return items in a very short time in pristine condition and that will work best for customers! Think about it, seriously! I will never shop here again. I WANT A REFUND!!!

Kb

More Le Chateau Monroe Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Le
      3rd of Apr, 2012

If you do a web search on Le Chateau, it's very evident you are not alone. This company will eventually see it's public shares impacted as word travels quickly online and fewer people will shop there because of the ridiculous return policy. The return policy at the till is not what is written on the company's receipts (which is the contract between buyer and seller). If we all took Le Chateau to small claims court, I have no doubt they would be forced to refund items and also pay the court filing fees. I'm sorry you, me and so many others find themselves in this situation of not being able to get a refund. My entire family will never shop there again because of poor policy and the sales push.